Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still hold my breath every time the phone rings hoping i am as lucky as you guys. Quad, will it get rid of the torque management on my 01?
Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 PM

oh baby!! looks like somebody is going to have to go back to the dragstrip!!!

oh yea quad, still no email with the anti surge file...
Old 10-22-2007, 06:52 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by lotero
oh baby!! looks like somebody is going to have to go back to the dragstrip!!!

oh yea quad, still no email with the anti surge file...
Hey if you want me to i can probably e-mail you the file if i can figure it out.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
We are not done with beta testers. To be honest we have only chosen 1/2 of them at this point.

We just stopped as we are having a little trouble just supplying the first 1/2!!!

I mean I got the original call already, I gave one of your boys my CC # at the beginning of Sept.

I was asking because I'd like to know if I'll get mine before I Dyno on Nov 10th. if not I'd like to know before hand if possible.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Chapter President

ok guys.

Also, on a different note, I am going to have an update later that adds 4 power levels for a total of 10 levels plus an off setting. Or 11 total positions.

WE are scaling it different so that PL3 does not hit quite as hard. The old PL6 will now be similar to PL8. PL9 and PL10 will be more. PL10 is 33% more fuel than the old PL6.

I am also going to have some options for defueling on more parameters such as boost and fuel pressure. I will send those out as well.

ANy and all feedback is appreciated.
The extra levels will be fun. I find that this thing hits pretty hard on 1, 2, and 3. Not much of an increase from 3-4 then 5 and 6 really take off.
This box is still pretty amazing, especially on a basically stock truck. Really gets an aggressive exhaust note, sounds cool. Tried the aggressive new tune today and for "normal driving" needed to keep on PL1.

Working out some details to see if new injectors and turbo might be possible. Just like the Harley, get a little power and you are never satisfied
Old 10-22-2007, 08:50 PM

ok guys.

Need a little help.

We cannot get the turbo timer to malfunction. I have seen it malfunction with my own eyes but, now it won't do it at all on our truck.

SO, we sort of think that it is/was a software compiling issue or something silly.

If you have this problem can you please tell us which update is causing this.

For now, I am going to shut the website updates off until we figure out whether it is bad updates causing the turbo timer issues or not.
Quad.. I was hoping to get to your shop today.. but work ran late... Going to try to get there on Wednesday... Having some issues with the TT.. and some update issues.. (Most likely Operator error...)
Thanks,
Bryan
Old 10-22-2007, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by afoulk
Any word on what the "phase 3" of the box is yet?
Sure there is...
Old 10-22-2007, 10:36 PM

Bryan,

We will be there. I would love to see if new software stops the stupid turbo timer issue. We can also get you the newest files loaded so that it is not surging on you.

I find that this thing hits pretty hard on 1, 2, and 3. Not much of an increase from 3-4 then 5 and 6 really take off.
PL1 should not be that noticeable. It is a timing only tune.

I can see where 2 and 3 hit hard. The rest are evenly spaced out and should have a noticable increase between each level. I would think on a stock turbo anything over 4 or 5 is way too much fuel.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:41 PM
BBA

Quad im going to probably drive down there friday and bring my computer to show yall whats going on when i try to download a new file and too see if its my computer and if maybe yall can show me what needs to be fixed.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:59 PM

if you do that we will fix it and your laptop or whatever the issue is!

Come on by, let us see what we can break on your truck!!!!!!!!!

I love beta testers that bring trucks..........!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:12 PM
BBA

Well that is more than likely what will happend...Oh and on the breaking part this box is already doing its job my clutch doesnt like me anymore so i wonder what else we can do!

if you do that we will fix it and your laptop or whatever the issue is!

Come on by, let us see what we can break on your truck!!!!!!!!!

I love beta testers that bring trucks..........!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by lotero
i had a blast yesterday at the drags, the box ran good and i killed a C5 vette 4 times, that was pretty funny. the truck ran a 13.1 @ 101 and got to 1600 degrees through the traps. i was more than happy with the performance of it, BUT when i hooked up the drag comp, it also ran a 13.1 @ 101. nothing changed at the end of the track so on the road is where this box really shines. i still prefer the box and like it better than my drag comp but right now, and i think that is key RIGHT NOW it runs the same as the drag comp. there is more to come i am sure, i loved the way the truck runs and am still very happy with it. i have a good video of one of my 13.1 runs killing the vette. i will post soon.
I have been thinking about this. How big are your injectors?

Next time you are going to the track let me know. I might want to try some reduced timing and also get you to try on some lower PL's. If you are not cleaning the smoke up we are leaving power on the table.

Also, I am guessing you are in an auto truck? I am not sure I will have a huge advantage in a drag race over a Drag Comp or Redline or something like that but, in a manual truck we will kill them because we can fuel so much faster. When you are drag racing an automatic you are never loosing boost and you are only using the WOT portion of the map.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
Got on the dyno today...three pulls, I'll post pics of the dyno graph later as I'm now in Martinsville Va for the NASCAR race tomorrow...

Level PL02...323 HP

Level PL04...409 HP

Level PL06...411 HP...883 TQ

All on the aggressive tune without the anti-surge update...

A really smooth graph...mileage has gone up too...I'll track it for a while to get a accurate number.

Can you post the graph?

I want to see the curve, especially the torque curve. I would also like to see the curve after about 2700 RPMS to make sure we are still fueling all the way.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:19 PM

quad I spoke with someone the other day about the torque management the other day and he said he was checking on it. Told him about the BD-Rad and he said he would see if you all could put it in the new box. Any word on this???
Old 10-22-2007, 11:25 PM

The problem with TQ management is that it is somewhat mysterious.

Here is what we have found.

WE fuel hard enough, soon enough that while we do not disable it, we seem to override it. I am not sure you can really disable it, only cheat it or change it.

I have been pretty quiet about it until I get some beta testers to give me some feedback.

I have not had anyone have an TQ management issue to date. There have been plenty of people drag racing so I figured if it was an issue at all they would have chimed in to me!

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!