Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
Just FYI, PL1 is the same as the middle setting on the XZT+ module. PL2 is the same as the high setting on the XZT+ module!

It should do good on fuel. PL3-6 will not provide near the fuel savings!!!

We are considering spreading the fueling out more and giving everyone a few more levels. I think this box will be a stock charger killer if we don't.
I think you're right...it doesn't get too toasty on PL3 but I gotta watch it on 4 and up...another thing to watch...boost wants to climb past 40 and with stock studs/gasket we may be gambling with the head gasket...(it's higher on the street, the dyno didn't load it as much and all I saw was about 40)
Old 10-20-2007, 08:41 PM

I'm still on the stock turbo.. but with a old DDIII's.. Making the same HP as you... I've always known the stock turbo was the limiting me.. just didn't know it was that much... Need to try drilling out the exhaust housing.. and try using a manual boost controller to limit the pressure... Or just get busy and get the parts made to run my bigger turbo.... One day...
Bryan
Old 10-20-2007, 09:14 PM

Just a quick question, did I get a box get sent out with the other couple guys (dodgediesel and intakeracing) that are getting them up here? or did I miss the boat.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
I hink you're right...it doesn't get too toasty on PL3 but I gotta watch it on 4 and up...another thing to watch...boost wants to climb past 40 and with stock studs/gasket we may be gambling with the head gasket...(it's higher on the street, the dyno didn't load it as much and all I saw was about 40)
I also noticed on the street the boost goes right up to 40 and stays there. I have stock injectors and turbo, looks like I will have to change that soon. Then I will have to change tranny's I'm sure. I expect that anyway. I have to drive on level 2 for "every day driving", but if needed I step thru the levels and this thing is sooo impressive. If I drive above level2 around town I don't know for sure, but I think it is a timing issue along with a little turbo flutter or something. Kind of gets "bucky", but mash the happy button and the smiles dont stop
Old 10-21-2007, 12:08 PM

curious.. can you change hp levels on the fly?
Old 10-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing
curious.. can you change hp levels on the fly?
Simple as pushing a button.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:27 PM

When can I expect mine?
Old 10-21-2007, 03:55 PM

Sounds like the box is working great so far. I cant wait to get mine to try.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:51 PM

How are all the 2001 automatic guys liking the box? Is it getting rid of the torque guard?? Or is it still not allowing boosted launches?? My box should be here on Wed. but I'm curious how its acting.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by wildchild97
So will this thing compare or compete with Blue Chip's REDLINE??? Looking to buy one but not if it wont beat my Redline..
If you go to the original thread (you'll have to do a search) you'll see that Quad's goal is to have the most powerful box for the the VP-44 powered trucks. This is a Beta test so no one really will be able to give you an answer. My guess is that it will be able to with all of the custom tunes Quad is working on. The Redline is a very powerful box, I just think you'll be able to have a "kill" setting with the Adrenaline and then have another few settings for driving home from the track. Best of both worlds especially with the custom tunes. It's just a wait and see kind of deal and see what kind of #'s folks are putting down with it.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:03 PM

Ok I know it's been asked before but I don't think it's been really answered. So since I don't believe that I'm gonna be one of the "Lucky Beta Testers" I'm just wondering how long are we looking out before a fella is gonna be able o buy one ???? Approx time Quad??? Thanks and can't wait!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 09:24 PM

A lot of that depends on how the testing goes.

So far it seems we are ok in the power department. I have a couple of drivability issues to resolve and I think I am there or almost there now.

I have a turbo timer issue to fix. We have a turbo timer function thing I need to work out (if the turbo timer activates and then you turn the truck back on it basically does not reset itself).

Defueling works great. I think I am going to re-scale the power levels. The gauges seem to work fine. USB is fine for most. We have a couple of people having issues but, we will get that resolved this week.

All in all it is going pretty well.

Now, for the more trick stuff like 4K rpms, high idle, Commander and some other things it might be a little while.

We will get the basics covered and then it will be made available once it is a solid product. We will then go to finishing up the fancier, cooler, more niche stuff. If I waited for every single thing we wanted to do I might not ever release it! That is the beauty of the USB stuff.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
A lot of that depends on how the testing goes.

So far it seems we are ok in the power department. I have a couple of drivability issues to resolve and I think I am there or almost there now.

I have a turbo timer issue to fix. We have a turbo timer function thing I need to work out (if the turbo timer activates and then you turn the truck back on it basically does not reset itself).

Defueling works great. I think I am going to re-scale the power levels. The gauges seem to work fine. USB is fine for most. We have a couple of people having issues but, we will get that resolved this week.

All in all it is going pretty well.

Now, for the more trick stuff like 4K rpms, high idle, Commander and some other things it might be a little while.

We will get the basics covered and then it will be made available once it is a solid product. We will then go to finishing up the fancier, cooler, more niche stuff. If I waited for every single thing we wanted to do I might not ever release it! That is the beauty of the USB stuff.
I've had no problems with the gauges, I left my analog gauges hooked up to test accuracy and they match perfectly though the analog are a little slower to react. I still haven't had much occasion to play with the tunes but as I grow more familiar with this box (over 600 miles so far) I find that it's pretty advanced as a beta box...the way it functions is already ahead of most of the products out there...
Old 10-22-2007, 09:36 AM

i had a blast yesterday at the drags, the box ran good and i killed a C5 vette 4 times, that was pretty funny. the truck ran a 13.1 @ 101 and got to 1600 degrees through the traps. i was more than happy with the performance of it, BUT when i hooked up the drag comp, it also ran a 13.1 @ 101. nothing changed at the end of the track so on the road is where this box really shines. i still prefer the box and like it better than my drag comp but right now, and i think that is key RIGHT NOW it runs the same as the drag comp. there is more to come i am sure, i loved the way the truck runs and am still very happy with it. i have a good video of one of my 13.1 runs killing the vette. i will post soon.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:12 AM

Are you smoking more with the Adrenaline? It could be delivering more fuel than the Comp, your just not burning it all...and running hotter.

I run out of fuel with my Drag Comp and clear the smoke up completely with only one solenoid. I'm hoping to get the Adrenaline before the tracks close this year ......If the Adrenaline delivers more fuel for me to be able to use the second solenoid, I'll be a happy camper.

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!