Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BBA
Hey quad can you call me i need to try and figure out why it wont let me download new files. Stan put a couple of different ones on there this past weekend and i was going to try and do somedifferent ones and now it wont work at all it says invalid module!? I think i have talked to everyone but you. I have had files sent to me by e-mail downloaded the .Net Framework again and have been on the phone with probably 3 different people and them making sure i am trying to do this right and im doing exactly what they say. So if you could get in contact with me. Thanks
Are you running XP or Vista?
Old 10-17-2007, 10:34 PM

I currently am running a REDLINE on our pulling truck...it will fuel to 4300 RPMs on the line....will this box do that? Anybody compared power to that of a redline>
Old 10-17-2007, 10:37 PM

:d:d

ok boys, for those of you who know me know that i am a power/cant leave anything alone JUNKIE so i decide to do some more testing. i just downloaded the SOFT NEW TT 1250 file, and decide to go for a ride now rather than spending a whole day with a box that "defuels" because with my luck that corvette that i have been wanting to beat will show up. all i can say is i am the most impressed as i have been with this box since i installed it!!!! i love the power but the defueling feature was freakin amazing!!!! i put it on 6 nailed it and it pulled like a freight train and got to 1350 and immediately went down to 1270 but felt like it kept pulling!!!! i did this a few times and found that the defueling feature was just plain awesome, it would keep the egts very close to 1250 and still pull! i rarely if ever tow and like i said i am a power junkie so defueling to me is the enemy, but now i know when i do tow i can do it safely and without worry and not feel like i am being castrated every time it hits that certain point, i couldnt believe how well it worked. big big thumbs up to quad on this one. this is THE ULTIMATE TOWING SETTING. anyway i get home, hit my previously installed turbo timer that is set at a minute and it does its thing, i hear it click off at a minute and the truck stayed running until the egts hit exactly 300 and shut off. nice on that one too. ill say it for a nineteenth time, a racer/non-tower/egt disregarder loved that defueling feature, and i cant wait to see just how well it works with a trailer hooked up.

notes: surging was just about removed, there was only a slight surge right at the end of each gear with steady throttle applied.
the defueling was felt but it was very smooth and controlled, not rough at all. kind of like a slight kickdown that was hardly noticeable.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:02 PM

Quad, I know this is an irrelevant question to ask at this time but are you able to load an "any temperature high idle" into the equation? I've been waiting for someone to come up with this for 6 years now? Thanks...
Old 10-17-2007, 11:41 PM

Probably.

What do you have in mind?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:58 PM

Oh yeah!!! I've been wanting my truck to idle up by itself after 2 or so minutes regardless of temperature. Can that be done as there are many of us that have been waiting for the competition to do this for a few years with no sucess!!! That would "put the cherry on top!!!"
Old 10-18-2007, 12:02 AM

So just idle the truck up anytime the truck goes idle for 2 minutes? I assume you kill this with the throttle?

Why not do it based on ECT or something? Or why not just have a setting for high idle?

It seems that just doing it anytime the truck sits idle for 2 minutes would be a pain and it would require a lot of scenarios to be covered and tested.

Why 2 minutes?

How high of an idle?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:12 AM

Our trucks up here in Canada idle so much on the jobsites. Having the automatically idle up to 1200 rpm would be fantastic to prevent low oiling damage. Just taping the brake pedal would bring the truck back to a regular idle. 2 minutes was just a number. If a you could make the truck idle up if no TPS was disturbed after 2-5 minutes would be the way to go. I hope that made some sense as it is hard to explain.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:44 AM

It would be cool if it could be activated by turning on the cruse or by turning the overdrive off or somthing like that where it is in the driver's control.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by strokethisgoat
It would be cool if it could be activated by turning on the cruse or by turning the overdrive off or somthing like that where it is in the driver's control.
I work construction also & high idle is a must have sometimes....I'm tired of paying my employee to hold the idle up for things like defrosting paint cans in the exhaust pipe or charging batteries on equipment etc.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:26 AM

It would be extremely useful with my remote start so it would ramp up on it's own without having to go in the truck and set the cruise button. Using the cruise to set it would defeat the whole purpose because I already have a high idle switch/selenoid but I have to switch it on and off everytime. Just looking for "automatic" perk, that's all..
Old 10-18-2007, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
It would be extremely useful with my remote start so it would ramp up on it's own without having to go in the truck and set the cruise button. Using the cruise to set it would defeat the whole purpose because I already have a high idle switch/selenoid but I have to switch it on and off everytime. Just looking for "automatic" perk, that's all..
one that could be activated with the remote start? that would be sweet!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:14 PM

I have been waiting for a high idle feature also, I asked Edge about it awhile back and they said they might do something but you know how that goes.

What would be nice is to be able to turn the high idle on or off. A couple ways for it to work, would be if the high idle is turned on and after a minute and the engine has good oil pressure, it could either run off engine temp or outside temp and have this setting adjustable so if you have it set at a certain temp this is when the high idle will kick in. Also have an adjustable set point for the RPM to idle at. It would shut off if the truck gets to hot, if the throttle or break is applied, or if the engine losses oil pressure. This may be quite hard to program and not sure if the box is capable of doing this in its current format but this would be the ultimate set up it would be completely adjustable and everybody could set it up the way they wanted it to.

Or another way is just tap into the factor high idle and go off that. When it is cold enough outside and after a minute of idling the truck will idle up to around 1100-1200 and stay there until the brake or throttle is applied or if the engine reaches 170 deg f. Also if it is really cold the engine will kick out three cylinders to warm up faster. I got this enabled at the dealer ship and it works fine only if it is really cold out. If you could make it so you could adjust the temp that it kick in at, that is all it would need. That way anytime the temp gets below the set point it will idle up right now it will only idle up if it is really cold out and the truck is cold, if the truck runs for ten minutes and I turn it off and start it back up it will be to warm to kick the high idle back in. The only problem with this is the RPM isn’t adjustable, but maybe that could be changed in the program too.

The box would just remeber the settings so anytime the truck is running and all situatuions are met the truck will idle up. Then when I start the truck using the command start it will idle up and be warm before I take off to work.

Fooling the factory program may be an easier solution, for a high idle. Either way all I want is for my truck to idle up to around 1200 when I want it to.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:44 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by qzilla
Are you running XP or Vista?
Im guessing your talking about the windows? If so then yes its windows XP.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:51 PM

Well put Bigd450...

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!