Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's one of the feature I like about the Quad box too, the ability to change files. I think the ability to have the right fueling curve matched with a specific modification is great. I think we'll really see the mettle of Quad box beyond dyno results once we have some comparative 1/4 times. After all it is a "Race" box.

Thanks for posting the graph.

Edit: I only wish I had been picked for the beta program, I'm jealous. I'm starting to see a very strong Texas connection here.... hmmm.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes... I've been to their office/shop once, Quad and few others came out, and fixed a few issues I was having... a few mins.. and they had everything working.. and tried a different tune... other wise I would have had to send it in.. and then still not know if it was something I did.. or something with the programming.. or harness...
Old 10-16-2007, 03:56 PM
BBA

Has anyone besides me had trouble w/ the turbo timer? I havent had any problems with it when i downloaded another file on it and then put the same one back on there but it worries me a little everytime i got to kill the truck and leave it running but i still want to keep it on there to see if it was a fluke thing or not?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:35 PM

I had one other problem but, we just disabled it.

We are working on that right now to see if there is an error in one of the software versions or something.

I will keep you posted.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Banned

Well, the roads finally dried up where I could take this thing out for a little testing.
This is with the original aggressive tune.

Level 1 timing only is the most pleasurable my truck has ever been to drive, good throttle response and smooooth power throughout the rpms.

Level 3 or 4 is comparable to my old drag comp with smoother acceleration.

Level 5 and 6 hit hard, its just amazing.

Surging is there but I've figured out I can find a "groove" between RPM and pedal postion to keep it to a minimum while cruising. 6th gear is a little tougher, autos may have a little more trouble.

All in all I couldnt be more pleased, and wouldnt change one single thing on it.

Roan
Old 10-16-2007, 05:51 PM
BBA

Originally Posted by qzilla

We are working on that right now to see if there is an error in one of the software versions or something.

I will keep you posted.
I havent had anymore trouble yet out of it.

I am having trouble downloading a new file now i called and talked to Stan and then Justin tried to help me figure it out and we were unable. He e-mailed me the .Net framework and told me to redownload that and see if it is it. Just to try and let you know whats going on. I go to update the module and it gives me a little error type message and i click continue and it says that the module has been found but when it goes to put the new file on it it says invalid module. SO we cant figure out what the whole trouble is? Stan put like 3 or different files on it this weekend so i dont know whats going on? Any thoughts Quad?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:33 PM

I know I'm gonna sound like an idiot asking this, but what do you guys mean when you say you get some "surgeing" or "shuttering"? I realize it has to do with the injection pump, but since I'm stock, I've never experienced it and I'm not sure what to expect when i finally come up with the money for one of these.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:40 PM
BBA

I dont really know hoy to explain it but trust me you will know when it happend. The only way i could describe it to you is its like your truck is lugging down really low and it starts jumping kind of. Im sure someone cn explain it better.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:42 PM

Any HRVP44 idle lope fixes for this Race Box??? How are they working for you guys with HRVP44's???
Old 10-16-2007, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla

I will keep you posted.

Quad.. Mine was the other one you had problems with... The guys reprogramed it for me in Houston.. and No problems with the timer... Its a little long.. but working like its supposed to...
Bryan
Old 10-16-2007, 09:53 PM
BBA

Yea mine is a little long too. I think i know who you are...You were getting your box back when i came and picked mine back up too?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:13 PM

BBA.. Yes.. that was me.. I guess mines the early one with no sticker.. haha.. I thought you were picking up a Common Rail Box... Should have talked with you....
Bryan
Old 10-17-2007, 12:01 AM

The timer is going on longer than 60 seconds?

Like I mentioned, we are working on it. I think we have some sort of goofy internal clock issue we are trying to straighten out.

Is touching the pedal to kill it working fine as well?

The surging we are working on. What causes it is the fact that we are just too responsive. I mean you look at the pedal and it is one step ahead of you.

A little fine tuning and little math in the code will take care of a lot of that. We are also working on that.

It is easy to slightly tone something back. It is tough to try and get more.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by JDGnut
Old DDIII's, Stock turbo... about the same peak HP as my Drag Comp.. I'll have to drag out my old dyno runs.. have about 2500-3000 miles on the box...
I almost forgot to talk about that graph!

First, it looks nice and flat which is what I want to see.

What I do want to point out is that you are WAY out of fuel. See those little pulses or small spiked up and down starting at 70mph and ending at 115mph.....that is fuel (and maybe air) starvation.

Now, I am not sure how much you are loosing or lacking for sure but, I am thinking a good 25-35hp????

Also, can you fill us in more on how they started the pull? If I did not know better it looks like your clutch slipped right off the bat. That is the first series of spikes. It holds and the horsepower goes verticle then it slips and the curve still goes but, much less aggressive.

My guess is the clutch is slipping. Maybe not bad but, it will be bad before too long.

Now, they might have done something I do not know about when they were making the pull but, only you can tell us that.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:04 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His graph looks like it has a steeper climb than Smarty/TST combo, maybe he has 4:10s? I wish he had the torque curve to compare. Could be the stock charger as well.

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!