Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...ate_98-02.html

Adrenaline Updates are out there for you guys to play with.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:08 PM

Hey cool you can download these with your smarty too

Just kidding
Old 10-12-2007, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by jazz_kt
Hey cool you can download these with your smarty too
thats funny... CANNOT WAIT TILL MONDAY!!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:28 PM

Is anyone thats recieving a beta box gonna be at the fall brawl next weekend in Dillsburg, PA? I'd love to see one of these in action
Old 10-12-2007, 06:45 PM

Quad,

Towing a trailer really magnified the surging problem but I am beginning to think my problem may be unrelated to the XZT+ or beta box. I pulled a few miles with the box on P3 and the surging was too much, I had to turn the box off (P0). While running on P0 (boost fooling only) I noticed a very slight surge (most people probably wouldn’t even notice) and since the box is doing nothing but boost fooling the problem most be elsewhere.

To confirm this thought I pulled over and disconnected the beta box and connected my Edge EZ. I can now feel a surge with the EZ on and it is also magnified compared to running no box.

One other observation is that I have a slight bounce in my tach at idle. It’s not much and I can’t hear any rpm changes in the engine, just movement of the needle.

Fuel pressure is good:
15 PSI at idle
> 10 PSI pulling

No codes are indicated on the odometer.

Any thoughts: APPS, MAP, CPS???
Old 10-12-2007, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by afoulk
Is anyone thats recieving a beta box gonna be at the fall brawl next weekend in Dillsburg, PA? I'd love to see one of these in action
I'll be there...with the beta...
Old 10-12-2007, 07:57 PM

Will the race box get rid of torque management?
Old 10-12-2007, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by lkuykendall
Quad,

Towing a trailer really magnified the surging problem but I am beginning to think my problem may be unrelated to the XZT+ or beta box. I pulled a few miles with the box on P3 and the surging was too much, I had to turn the box off (P0). While running on P0 (boost fooling only) I noticed a very slight surge (most people probably wouldn’t even notice) and since the box is doing nothing but boost fooling the problem most be elsewhere.

To confirm this thought I pulled over and disconnected the beta box and connected my Edge EZ. I can now feel a surge with the EZ on and it is also magnified compared to running no box.

One other observation is that I have a slight bounce in my tach at idle. It’s not much and I can’t hear any rpm changes in the engine, just movement of the needle.

Fuel pressure is good:
15 PSI at idle
> 10 PSI pulling

No codes are indicated on the odometer.

Any thoughts: APPS, MAP, CPS???

Did you load any of the new files by chance?
Old 10-12-2007, 11:55 PM
BBA

OK I got mine put on this morning before heading down here to baytown for DHRA nationals and i will tell you this box is so much more powerful then my comp even just on the middle setting. I could not slip my clutch with everything all the way up on my comp and with this box half way it slipped my clutch. So now its time to upgrade the clutch too.
Now for the not as great. It surges really bad on level 3 and up. I did talk to Stan tonight and he said to come by in the morning and i can play with some different files and we will hook up my turbo timer and everything else that i didnt get hooked up. Other than the surging this box is great!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:57 PM

I have not loaded any of the new files yet.

Any suggestions on which one to start with? I can't use anything with defueling enabled because the control module I am currently using in the cab is not reading EGT from my probe or yours. It sticks at 1832* all the time.

BTW, your link to download ADR_MILD_ORIGINAL_REDUCED_TIMING is currently not enabled.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:00 AM

ok well I typed this once on my phone and hit the wrong dang button so bear with me..

was able to make 5 passes down here in baytown today.. before u judge my times keep in mind that I'm running 2 full replacements, full loaded tool box, under seat full of tools, spare tire, 6spd with DD etc...

I ran a best time today of 14.2 at 99mph with a 2.2 reaction!.... not bad for a 8200lbsish 6spd!! this is over a full second off of my best time in ardmore with the TST comp smarty stack.. now I will say that I am running a 31" tire vs the 32" in ardmore, but the tires didn't account for a full second...

very pleased with the power... the low end of this box is second to none. a huge advantage for us stick shift guys is the immediate fueling this box provides, seeing as how our boost is all over the place cruising down the track the tst is constantly stopping fueling waiting for more boost before it fuels hard again.. huge benefit

would love to get on a dyno soon and compare graphs to the smarty beta tst comp stack... from the time I have had with the box I would expect a much fatter curve lower in the rpms with the adrenaline... I pulled 3rd and 4th gear all the way to 3700RPMs and it was smooth all the way through.. (disclaimer: yes I have upgraded valve springs don't go turning red line rpms on stock springs!)

alright typing on the phone sucks... will post more shortly
Old 10-13-2007, 08:51 AM

For the surging use the ADR_Soft_New, and then the ADR_mild_new.

Both will make it better and are still plenty strong.

We will have to fine tune the bottom so it is drivable. It won't take much but, it is something I have to do.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:21 PM

Tm

Originally Posted by Bjans
Will the race box get rid of torque management?
Will It get rid of it?
Old 10-13-2007, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
For the surging use the ADR_Soft_New, and then the ADR_mild_new.

Both will make it better and are still plenty strong.

We will have to fine tune the bottom so it is drivable. It won't take much but, it is something I have to do.
i'll load the 'mild' program for the 300 miles trip home... have to keep the current program handy though
Old 10-14-2007, 08:19 AM

called my ups man, he is going to meet me first thing in the morning before he makes any deliveries! i will be posting results soon!

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!