Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no disappearing here, i have been paying meticulous attention to my drag comp and current setup so i can accurately describe all that changes. like i said before i plan on dynoing it back to back with the drag comp as well as running the 1/4 back to back with the drag comp as well.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:19 AM
JIT

Originally Posted by jazz_kt
I was just hoping to get one!!! But no luck, so now we wait for all the beta testing. This is killing me. I can hardly wait to hear some feedback on these. I'm ready to get rid of my drag comp and tst pm3 Not sure about the smarty tho I kinda like that. Keep us informed guy's
I know how you feel I was hoping to get one for testing as well! I cant wait to see how this turns out. So I will watch and read patiently...
Old 10-11-2007, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quad, no events for me, just waiting for a new toy to test out. I currently have my turbo cool down set at 375 egt. Any lower and it would take ten minutes to shut off in the summer. With the AC blowing max and 105* out side at 4500' elevation, my truck idled at 340-350 egt's anyway. I see no point in forcing egt below 350-400*.

So will this new box's computing power make my turbo spool up faster? I have plenty of fuel, I just need a smarter box to add fuel at the right time, otherwise I can "flood" it with my right foot and actually hurt spool up. With the Juice on anything higher than level 4, I have to roll into the throttle to achieve quickest spool up.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:07 PM

Same here haven't disappeared just patiently waiting for my call. I'm with Luis (lotereo) I have a dyno event upcoming and a hopefully a new turbo here shortly. You can bet on getting feedback from me as soon as I get it installed. I don't have any big trips till november but then I'll be headed out to Phnx with the 5th wheel and boat (approximately 23K depending on how much stuff my wife feels like putting in the 5th wheel) headed thru Flagstaff.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:28 PM

The beta box was installed on my pickup today but I had to go directly to work after the install so I really haven’t had a chance to play with it.

Granted my pickup is not setup to handle all the power this box is capable of producing but on a very low setting I can peg my 40 lb boost gauge FAST with LOTS of throttle remaining. I didn’t stay in the throttle long enough to get EGT’s very high but I have no doubt that this gauge could be easily pegged as well!

My real testing will begin tomorrow night when I hook it to a heavy load and head toward the east coast. I should have some idea of how the setup works for towing tomorrow as I will be moving about 20K lbs around in the morning.

One thing I am noticing is a little surging, especially under light throttle (this was also occurring on my XZT+). So far it seems to be most noticeable from about 1400 rpm when I use light throttle to accelerate. I have confirmed that the surging occurs on P1, P2 and P3. I haven’t driven enough on the other power levels to confirm if it is happening there yet.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:40 PM
BBA

OK here is the deal. I got mine in today and it looks much more complicated than what i was expecting. Its probably not so complicated but it was dark and just didnt have the time to really look. So can anyone that has already put one on help me out here.

Also quad the people that will be down in houston will the be able to help me put it on if i just wait until then?

I have been paying alot of attention to how my comp does so i will be able to tell pretty easy how big a difference it will make.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:51 PM

I got my Race Box installed today as well... I too tried to run my TST Comp Smarty stack as hard as I could with many different variations to try and familiarize myself with how the 'before' acted...

I am very impressed with the bottom end fueling of this box... The no boost acceleration it pretty amazing! The time it takes for the TST to see boost and start adding fueling is non existant with this box.

Only have about 50 miles on it right now so I will have to do some more testing before I can really say too much. I too have a bit of cruise shutter in programs 2-6 where I am trying to keep a steady pace and the box really really wants to fuel! (Biggin injectors are not helping this issue!) Quad is working out a different program to reduce that as I type...

Very satisfied with the box thus far... I haven't hooked up the EGT, fuel pressure, or temperature up to the box yet, I have analog so its really not needed, but I'd like to test them out anyways...

Will post more when I know more... Hitting the track in less than 20hrs!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:22 PM

Just FYI, we should have the updates section for the Adrenaline up tomorrow. Not something you have to mess with but, we will throw some options up there.

I am really undecided on how aggressive we are going to send the regular boxes out. I know I set Bnold on pretty much kill before he left since he is going racing!!! We will probably chill it out a good bit and thenlet you guys that want more just download it.......for free of course.

So keep a lookout for that.

Len,

I will be emailing you some updates later tonight so you can have them on your trip. I will leave the turbo timer set as it is right now for you unless you don't want that??
Old 10-11-2007, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by BBA
OK here is the deal. I got mine in today and it looks much more complicated than what i was expecting. Its probably not so complicated but it was dark and just didnt have the time to really look. So can anyone that has already put one on help me out here.

Also quad the people that will be down in houston will the be able to help me put it on if i just wait until then?

I have been paying alot of attention to how my comp does so i will be able to tell pretty easy how big a difference it will make.
To make it work it is no more complicated than a TST or a COMP.

2 powers, 1 ground, data link, MAP and wire tap and you are off and running. You DO NOT have to hook anything else up to make it work unless of course you want it to defuel or show you those parameters.

Everything else is fluff.

Our guys in Houston can help you if needed. They will also have a latop there with updates if you need them while you are there and they can just flash them really quickly.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Len,

I will be emailing you some updates later tonight so you can have them on your trip. I will leave the turbo timer set as it is right now for you unless you don't want that??
The current setting on the turbo timer is good.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quad, is there a way to integrate egt into the fueling parameters? I wonder if when it is hot outside and egt's soar, air is thin, etc if you could squeeze more performance if egt's were monitored vs boost pressure. I'm just thinkin. I guess I will have to wait for my box so I can play with it and see for myself how it plugs and plays with my setup.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:41 AM

You can just use the defueling for that.

Our defueling is pretty impressive. The way it works is we give you MAX power up to your set egt. If you set 1250 it will stay at 124x. It does it in less than 1% increments. It is awesome, you cannot even really feel it, it just keep the egt right there.

Now, if you truck will make more than 1250 to start with then we probably will have a tough time keeping it under that but, you know how all that works.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:16 AM

This box sounds soooooo good!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Chapter President

I might have to make camp at ya'lls booth. (I'm sure Stan will be annoyed with me by the time Saturday is over. )
Old 10-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Chapter President

Got my call yesyerday and now its just waiting on delivery. I sold my Bullydog when I signed up, so I have been driving a stock truck since then. Gonna have some real comparisons to make

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!