Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning, this is going to be pretty long, only read it if you are interested in beta testing.

***** First and Foremost before I go any further, it is very important that you read all of this. This will be a large test and most of it will be done via email. I need you to be able to read and follow directions. Not because I like telling people what to do but, if you don't it makes a lot of extra work for me and I have plenty of work to do!!!!!*******

Ok guys, I am doing this a little early. We are not quite ready to ship beta units out but, this is probably going to be the largest and most intense testing I have ever done because of the truck we are doing it on. You guys demand a lot and I want to deliver a lot.

We are not expecting to start shipping any beta units until September 15th. Even then they will not go out all at the same time. We will likely trickle them out over a couple week period to avoid any major mistakes. I have not decided on a total number yet but, we will probably test between 100-150 units. This is a lot of work!!! I have a huge list just from our beta form on our website but, there are some holes we need to fill. I am going to work as many of you in as I can. Do not get upset with me if you do not get picked. I am going on a first come first serve basis to fill the slots we need. It is nothing personal, i just need certain trucks to do certain things. If I still have a hole I will come ask for something in particular.

I am starting this early to make sure that once we get going I have everyone lined up. I also know we have a holiday coming up and I wanted to give everyone the same fair chance.

For those of you that don't know beta testing is not free. It is done at a greatly reduced cost to you. You are also not required to keep the product and you may opt out and receive a refund if you want. When the test is over you will either receive a new production unit or your test unit will be updated to production standards. You may also just send it back for a refund, that is totally up to you.

In this test there will be 3 phases. To get all 3 phases completed will take a good while. Most likely product will also be released to the public in the 3 phases once the testing is complete. You have the option to help in all 3 phases.

While there is a lot of info out there already on this particular product, there are things that you don't know and will learn as a tester. These things are strictly confidential and not to be leaked under any circumstance. I will make certain you know what these thing are specifically.

Here is how it is going to go.

Phase 1:

Race Module and Control Pod.
The Race module will have 5, 6 or ?? levels to be determined.
The Control Pod is a really fancy switch. In this instance it will read egt, boost, fuel pressure, trans/oil temp and power level.
It will have a turbo timer.
It will be USB updatable.
It is a wire tap box but, it only requires tapping if you want more than 65-70hp.

This is the base unit and there is a little more to it than that but, that covers the basics.

Phase 2 adds the Commander.

This Commander is totally different than we have now. It will require a simple single 4 wire plug to connect to the module.
It will NOT stand alone.
It has a bunch of stuff, similar to the attitude functions.

Phase 3 is the coolest thing every built for the 24v trucks but, that is all I can say. Even if you do not use it or want it, you will think it is the coolest thing ever made for these trucks. The cool factor is of the charts.

Now, if you want on on this here is what I need you to do.

1.) Go to our website and fill out our beta form and make sure you agree to the NDA. That is non-disclosure agreement. I will tell you what info can get out and what cannot. It is not all tight lipped security stuff but, you will learn about Phase 3 really soon and if you leak it I will hunt you down.

2.) Send me an email to quad@quadzillapower.com with the subject line saying "24V Race Beta". The quotes are not needed. If you don't do this you will not be in.

In this email I need:

1.)Your real name to match it with your beta form
2.)Your DTR name, so I know who I am talking to on here
3.)Contact phone number.

That is it. Nothing more, nothing less.

After a day or two or more, someone from our place will call you and go over the beta details. The cost and such like that will be discussed. If you want in, tell them and they will get any info we don't have. If you don't want to do it then just tell them then.

Once we get you in the system officially you will start getting emails from me explaining the product and what is involved. At that point we are testing even if it is swapping ideas or thoughts. I want any and all input you need to make everyone want one of these when I am done.

This is most likely the last product that will be made for these trucks and we need to make it right!

Please DO NOT PM me about this as my pm box stays jammed full all the time. If you have questions please ask them here unless it is super sensitive or something like that.

Also, some patience is required when testing. If we make a major change or need to fix something it might take a little time. These things do not happen over night.

Overall, I have a lot of hours in this already and in beta form it is a great product. We just need input on tweaking it to be perfect!

Quad
Old 08-28-2007, 12:12 AM

im in quad.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:28 AM

i'm interested but won't be able to test it to it's full capabilies... what do you think Qzilla.. need someone to test on the lower levels that commutes let me know
Old 08-28-2007, 12:51 AM

Email sent. I filled out a beta form several months ago. If we need to redo the beta form, please let us know.

Thanks, Matt
Old 08-28-2007, 01:07 AM

No need to resend the beta form. If you previously filled it out then we will match your email up with it.

i'm interested but won't be able to test it to it's full capabilies... what do you think Qzilla.. need someone to test on the lower levels that commutes let me know
That is not up to me. There will be people that want the extra features even though they they do not plan to tap the wire. You just have to ask yourself if the added costs is worth the features.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:24 AM

Beta form filled out and e-mail sent.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:29 AM

All a go on my end hope to hear from you.

Trending Topics

Old 08-28-2007, 01:52 AM

Filled out and sent.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:36 AM

Filled out and sent one as well.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:35 AM

i am dieing to know what the phase 3 is. can't we get a little clue here?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:15 AM

I'm always willing to try something new. Can hardly wait to hear some reviews on this one
Old 08-28-2007, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sent one in to.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:44 AM

count me in...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:38 AM

me to e mail sent
Old 08-28-2007, 11:34 AM

Filled out the form and sent an email.

Quick Reply: Race Box Beta Testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!