Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quick Article - Choosing a clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick Article - Choosing a clutch

Hi guys. Just posted a quick submission article by Peter at SBC on choosing a clutch. It's not 50 pages, but it brings up some great points to consider when purchasing a clutch for your vehicle. <br><br>You can find it here:<br><br>https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ch/clutch.html
Old 01-14-2003, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Quick Article - Choosing a clutch

Informative article. I agree with it all. Its nice to see people care enough to work with you, and not make fun of you when you ask a question. I have had that happen recently. People should remember when talking about others to make sure there not around.<br>Thats another thing thats great about the DTR. Any question is a valid question. Thanks Jack for the heads up info. ;D
Old 01-14-2003, 06:13 PM

Good article, makes me want to install one in fron of the t/c. wait a minute, I'll be 1 sort of a triple disc!<br><br> <br><br>Dave
Old 01-14-2003, 06:43 PM

South Bend seems to be a great place to deal with. I had dropped them a line about a clutch for my CTD and they responded quickly and told me what'd be best for me. Not what they'd make the most money on. I am ordering one next week. Big thumbs up to everyone over there.<br><br>John<br><br>
Old 01-14-2003, 09:30 PM

I've had a SB in my truck for a year now and I have NO complaints. The clutch has handled everything that I demanded of it. I have pulled my truck in sled pulls and I have also given many a little go fast car a taste of diesel #2.<br><br>I called and talked to Peter about a year ago. I have no regerts, he told me that his clutch was not meant for pulling. This clutch grabs and goes it does not slip. <br><br>I am very pleased with this clutch.<br>Thank you Peter<br>See Ya<br>Chris
Old 01-15-2003, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Peter makes a good point that numbers are only one piece of component matching puzzle. A misapplied component could be the victim of premature failure and an unhappy customer with the poor guy that supplied it taking the brunt of the misunderstanding. Be honost when shopping for parts not cheap and you will find satisfaction over the long term. The supplier is not generally the one who abuses or misuses the parts requested and as stated before when hotrodding YOU are the warranty. Thanks once again to Peter from SBC for reliable information without prejudice. PK