Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quick ? about running with no plate ;)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick ? about running with no plate ;)

Well i was wondering if it would be okay to run my truck with no plate for about 2 days to see what it is like and to have some fun.(if i get it back from the tranny shop) With my current mods what can i expect besides high egts? I figure if i watch them it will be okay but i have never done it before so im not sure. Will i be okay. The main reason is to roll some serious smoke, can i expect that? Some will wonder why here is the short story. Prom is friday and i just happen to be infront of 6 ******** withconvertibls some are ricers others are corvets. I didnt have a problem with them until i was picking up the gf and they started making fun of my truck, I told them i was sorry that daddy didnt want to buy me a car like them. (wouldnt want one anyway) So in short it chapped my Edit and im gonna have some fun, i do remember one of them complaining because he had white leather Tha might change

Thanks Rick
Old 04-28-2006, 10:31 PM

I dont understand why you don't just slash their tires... am I missing something??
Old 04-28-2006, 10:41 PM

Of cource you are. I drive "a weak *** old diesel truck that couldnt touch their cars" as they put it. I also cant afford to buy 24 low profile performance tires once they figure out it was me. I did think it would be funny to tie a piece of cable to a pole then to their muffler. Just a little frendly help.

Rick
Old 04-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ds1rider
I dont understand why you don't just slash their tires... am I missing something??
Probally trying to stay out of jail...

You should be fine if you just run plateless for the smoke show... Just make sure you have the starwheel all the way loose Why not just grind yours to a 0 if you dont tow? Rick tows a fair bit of weight with a 100...
Old 04-28-2006, 10:51 PM

I would like a 0 but a 100 is the most agressive i can run and still tow our trailor. Right now we haul an 18000 horse trailor and a 24000 pound flatbed when loaded with hay. So i still need a little cushon.

rick
Old 04-28-2006, 10:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive ran a truck plateless before

Mine. OMG! smoke,and yes there is powr, believe you me.. BUT your tach and pyro race each other... Go ahead and have some fun with it.... just be careful..

Rick
Old 04-28-2006, 11:03 PM

How bad is it. Is it controllable, or do the egts stay high no matter what? And can i get a good cloud going before i hit high egts? Right now i get a cloud at low rpms but it clears up to a haze once boost is built. Is it like that or is it a cloud all the time?

Rick
Old 04-28-2006, 11:10 PM

wear dark colored clothes and you and girl friend have some fun with the preppy bunch.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by inline6359
How bad is it. Is it controllable, or do the egts stay high no matter what? And can i get a good cloud going before i hit high egts? Right now i get a cloud at low rpms but it clears up to a haze once boost is built. Is it like that or is it a cloud all the time?

Rick

IT wasnt all too bad...

Until u get on it at WOT.. then it becomes rather foolish, but the power is on tap at will just about without a plate.. Push your AFC all the way forward as well if u do this and loosen teh starwheel..

I guarantee you, if you have a stock turbo, you will still have that huge cloud follow you, you will never build enough boost to burn all that fuel with a stock turbo, then again even if you try, your turbo will spool very fast, but you will still have too much fuel which will only raise your egts cause of the little turbos inefficiency..

Rick
Old 04-28-2006, 11:21 PM

my 97 aint got a plate in it right now, and smoke http://cumminsforum.vidiac.com/video...4AF1318E47.htm
Old 04-29-2006, 01:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If the gov arm is allowed to move too far due to no plate a small pin in the pump is libel to break costing big bucks.
It might take an hour or it might be months, you're the one rolling the dice.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:16 PM

Those guys ain't wantin' no common sense input, Bill................
Old 04-29-2006, 06:24 PM

Why don't you just lug it a bit? 3rd gear and 1000 rpm and stand on it. Should be able to close at least one lane of traffic.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by inline6359
The main reason is to roll some serious smoke, can i expect that? Some will wonder why here is the short story. Prom is friday and i just happen to be infront of 6 ******** withconvertibls some are ricers others are corvets. I didnt have a problem with them until i was picking up the gf and they started making fun of my truck, I told them i was sorry that daddy didnt want to buy me a car like them. (wouldnt want one anyway) So in short it chapped my *** and im gonna have some fun, i do remember one of them complaining because he had white leather Tha might change
Just do what you gotta do quietly then catch'em and give their little bumble bees a new color, BLACK! Dude it's no use to try and compete with morons, but you can givem black lung!!!!!! Besides their just jealous cause you got the best of both worlds lound, fast and a truck! Plus it came stock with a turbo!
Old 04-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Banned

with a stock AFC housing and arm, I don't see how the lever arm could go too far forward...

if you really wanna have some fun, yank the plate and yank the AFC spring

Quick Reply: Quick ? about running with no plate ;)