Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

question about exhaust smoke

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TNutcher
unplug the map sensor from the cummins, leave the stock one plugged into the edge but unplug the edge from the block.... it will ROLL COAL!!!TNutcher
a buddy of mine did this on accident, and was like ***?!?!?! it was impressive. granted i see it as bad if not worse every day with my red ol' beater, it was insane when he gave it to it. he went from stock smoke levels to holy s**t in 4 hours, we added a bullydog dual 5" exhaust, BHAF, and the edge box with no problems, but that 1 little unplugged sensor made the whole day of work worth it.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol oh yeah I know it's pretty satisfying spending that much on a chip and not only getting the power but you leave a cloud behind!! haha

Ohiostate24 and anyone else, the tanish pinkish brownish wire going to the Comp's/EZ's map sensor that plugs into the block, if you cut that and add lengths of wire and go to a two way switch (light duty is fine) it should smoke like this when you have the switch "OFF" while that sensor is still plugged in like it should be. I cut it and put a male and a femal spade connecter on it so if I take it off they plug together and look and work fine. let me know if it works!!! haha and take some sweet!! pictures lol
TNutcher
Old 12-07-2006, 11:51 PM

can that map sensor trick be done without the edge box?
Old 12-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 6speedcowboy
can that map sensor trick be done without the edge box?
Nope...if you do it without the edge box then your truck will have no power and will be a dog. trust me i know, took me 2 days to figure it out after i took my edge box out, but left the wiring harness hooked up. i had to take the edge harness off and hook the stock sensor back up to get the truck to run right until my edge box came back
Old 12-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Banned

The best way to have no smoke is to learn how to drive it. If you can roll into it and be conservative on how you use your newly found fuel you can limit the smoke. As for full throttle blasts...if your still smoking once the turbo spools you need a bigger turbo to burn that fuel. Twins are a real nice way to reduce your smoke levels, but the best way is in your right foot. Also, my friend has a J/A and we unplugged the map sensor...less power and no smoke. I'm not understanding how you all are doing it because when we did we left everything hooked up, but just pulled the edge connector off of the map sensor. If your map is not hooked up it won't ever see boost to add the fuel right? Just wondering how yall do this "mod".