Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quadzilla Xzillirator

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like mine, but have a problem. I am waiting to hear back from Tech Support, but my truck runs rough when I have the module switched on. I can spray gravel in all gears with my dualy by mashing the pedal, but the rough running I don't like. I have read of some trucks with MAP sensor issues that can confuse the boxes, but it is rare. My IP is brand new/remanufactured, and everything runs smooth as glass with the module off, but really gets rough between about 1500 RPM's and up on any power setting. Like I said, I love it, but am waiting for replies from Quadzilla Performance to troubleshoot it. I also used a TST Stealth Cover to connect to the pump wire, rather than a T-tap. I have had bad luck with T-taps loosening over time, or breaking wires. I have had the box installed for only 1 full week now, and didn't notice any problems the first 5 days or so.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats the same issue I have, my truck is a brute with the box on, its a perfect stack with my Catcher, the power is smooth and is not violent like my TST, however the stumble when I turn the box on is a problem, I was told by tech dept that some trucks have this problem due to the IP having a different voltage that the box is reading, thus it is fueling at idle or its a timing issue, they are aware of the problem but im not sure how long it will be for a fix, I tried another box with a different serial # , however that didnt solve the issue, as far as communication it was pretty good, had to call a few times but Jeremy took care of me, like I said the box worked great with my setup, very little smoke, power came on smooth but once it started fueling hang on, installation was very easy, and once a fix comes I will buy another
Old 04-03-2007, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed. Installation was a snap, power feels great. I had a grin on my face I couldn't get rid of the whole time I drove! But that stumble...I don't like that part! I want to run on the 1st power level to gain some mpg's, but that stumble feels like a miss on a gasser, and is not pleasant. I hope they have an answer for it. The truck runs great now, with the new VP and Walbro, and I am getting to a point I want to really make it a bulletproof tow machine! I love the 2nd gen look, and have really gotten to loving the black!!