Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quadzilla Xzillaraider for 98.5 to 2002 ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quadzilla Xzillaraider for 98.5 to 2002 ?????

Has anyone tried the new: Quadzilla Xzillaraider products Now Available for 98.5-2002 Cummins Powered Dodge Trucks

I have a lot of interest in one of these, but I like to see a report card before dropping the cash. Scanning the posts, it seems that some folks swear by the Quadzilla products, while other have problems.

My main concern is how hard is it on the VP$$. Some folks running the Edge Comp never had problems until they tapped the wire, while others like BigBlue, tapped the wire and blasted the Comp with no problems.

What are the power levels of the Xzillerator compared to the Comp?

Yea, I know..........a lot of question for one post..........
Old 07-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks bud. Now tomorrow my injection pump is gonna fry, tranny is gonna melt, and my pistons are gonna turn into molten aluminum all because you had to mention my name.

I'm curious as well. I'm always looking for new combos.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:57 PM

I too have been looking at this one. Come on some one has to have one.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Chapter President

Well, I got one in, but sent it back. I had one ordered, but I had it cancelled and ordered an Edge EZ for for my dad's birthday to have it in in time, it came anyway and had to refuse it on UPS. When I found out when the XZT would come out to the day I still went with EZ because I thought I should try the other brands I have.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Chapter President

Isn't the Xzillaraider different then th XZT?
Old 07-18-2006, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I'm always looking for new combos.
How about turkey?

Charlie,
Do they have a "try before you buy" policy? What about the shop in Emory, aren't they a dealer for them, can they let you try one out?

~Rob
Old 07-18-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hotdram
How about turkey?

Charlie,
Do they have a "try before you buy" policy? What about the shop in Emory, aren't they a dealer for them, can they let you try one out?

~Rob
Yup. I'll bet if you sweet talked ol Jim he might let you try one out.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Chapter President

I didn't see the ad in time. He just might have done it.

Rob, that combo looks pretty good. I was just wondering what I wanted to eat.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex
Has anyone tried the new: Quadzilla Xzillaraider products Now Available for 98.5-2002 Cummins Powered Dodge Trucks

I have a lot of interest in one of these, but I like to see a report card before dropping the cash. Scanning the posts, it seems that some folks swear by the Quadzilla products, while other have problems.

My main concern is how hard is it on the VP$$. Some folks running the Edge Comp never had problems until they tapped the wire, while others like BigBlue, tapped the wire and blasted the Comp with no problems.

What are the power levels of the Xzillerator compared to the Comp?

Yea, I know..........a lot of question for one post..........

Since this is really new I will try to answer a few questions.

First you will find that 99.9% of our customers love us. We do our best to offer any support we need and we put out quality products. Now there are several people that absolutely do not like me, but I can live wit that. I gave up on trying to make friends with people that hate me! Some of them do not even have a reason!

Tapping the pump wire and killing the pump is a touchy subject. It does cause the pump to work harder, but if done properly it should not hurt it. I have heard stories from people that never had a problem and others have a problem 2 miles after tapping it.

What I do know is that after 6 months or more of beta testing that we did not kill any pumps. We even had some pretty goofy things happen in those months and we still never killed the pump. We do have fused circuitry built in to protect the pump from ever shorting.

Now I am sure as time goes on there will be a pump or two die. It is a risk that is associated with tapping the wire. We do fell confident that we built the product to not put as much stress on the pump as others.

Ok the power levels are similar to the Comp module. The main difference is that we continue fueling like the Drag Comp out to 3200 rpms. The normal comp pretty much starts falling fast after 2600 rpms. The peak output is almost the same and we do it with less smoke. Yes we know the smoke is cool and there room built into the existing modules to add a smoke button later on if we think it is needed. Remember all we have available are the "xzt" and the "standard" versions. The Race version is still in the works.

The main reason we did this was at our vendors request. We heard time after time that we needed to build a more "Economical" solution for the VP44's. There has also been some dependability issues in the past with other fueling modules, and we feel that we have that part taken care of as well.

The current module is probably not for sled pullers although when stacked with a timing module they sure do run hard. We map the fueling based on RPM, Boost and TPS so it is glassy smooth. You will be able to set it in the high position and still use cruise control. It is also not touchy when driving a manual truck through a bumpy parking lot. These are little things, but since we went back to an older platform we felt that we should add some things we have learned with the newer trucks as well.

I am sure if you guys are close to Emory that he would be more than willing to let you guys test one or two out. Also note that the majority of our vendors extend our 30day money back guarantee to their customers which means you can try it and get your money back if you do not like it.

As always with a new product we would love to get some feedback if and when you guys try these. They only started shipping last week, so give it some time and there will be more feedback on the boards soon I am sure.

Also the XZT is a lowe hp version and it also is adjustable on the fly. Both modules are compatible with the Commander and are also available packaged together with "kit" pricing.

IF you have anymore questions or I left something out please let me know.

Quad
Old 07-18-2006, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Duallydog
Well, I got one in, but sent it back. I had one ordered, but I had it cancelled and ordered an Edge EZ for for my dad's birthday to have it in in time, it came anyway and had to refuse it on UPS. When I found out when the XZT would come out to the day I still went with EZ because I thought I should try the other brands I have.

You should have just stacked them. Get him addicted to the power and then sell him a transmission, exhaust and gauges! He could end up being a good customer!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Chapter President

qzilla,

Thank you very much for adding to the thread. Your information is very helpful.

One thing that I forgot to ask before..... can the fp, boost and EGT hardware already installed on a truck be used with the Commander?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:40 PM

Well, maybe. First it depends on what type of FP sending unit you have. If it is the same or almost the same as what we use then it could still be accurate. The thermocouple could be used, but you will have to cut our leadwire and add the two ring terminals to ours as we use a plug connection at the thermocouple.

The boost hardware could be used with our analog adapter, but we typically just grab the boost pressure directly from the MAP sensor.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Banned

Do you have to have the commander to control these units or are they adjustable on the fly without it?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:29 PM

They have a switch that they come with. You can use the switch or the Commander.
The Commander will not gain you any more power or anything.

Quad
Old 07-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by qzilla
You should have just stacked them. Get him addicted to the power and then sell him a transmission, exhaust and gauges! He could end up being a good customer!
Stack pressure box on pressure box?

Quick Reply: Quadzilla Xzillaraider for 98.5 to 2002 ?????