Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

quadzilla vs edge what one?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quadzilla vs edge what one?

im lookin at getting a new box im stuck between the edge juice/attitude or the quadzilla adrenaline i have been lookin up stuff on them and i still dont know what one. im just lookin for some help if someone could give me some pros and cons to both that would be a big help.thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would strongly recommend the new Adrenaline over the Edge. It has features and upcoming options that are hard to beat.... all other things being equal.
Such as.....
-Turbo timer
-High Idle
-EGT controlled defueling that is very smooth
-Less smoke if/when overfueled, due to not boost driven fueling

I believe it will also be the hottest box around (HP-wise) when fully developed.

I have given up on Edge, since they went to 'off shore' curcuit boards a few yrs ago! I know their customer service is excellent but I also know some that have had to return boxes 2 and 3 times to get a proper fix. Not my idea of fun.

I'm convinced enough that the Adrenaline is the wave of the future (I have been Beta Testing it for 3 months)
that I sold my Smarty/TST Competition set up!

Nuf said??

RJ
Old 03-07-2008, 03:56 PM

Even if those don't sell you, keep in mind Quadzilla has free software updates available and will help find a tune for your particular truck, while on the other hand Edge says hi we'd like 100 bucks and hope this aggressive fueling is what you want!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:29 PM

I just switched to adrenaline from the edge and i also think that adrenaline by far surpasses anything that the edge ever gave me.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:35 PM

Rowland, the Edge Juice w/ Attitude does have a turbo timer.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:45 PM

the adrenaline is the one i think im going to go with.what would be a good injector to go with it? is there any downsides to the adrenaline or the edge? i do like the free updates compared to the 100 for edge.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:53 PM

Dynomite diesel injectors are good ones, Ihave had no problem out of them. But that is all i ran so i haven't tried any others. I also realy like my Adrenaline over my old Edge drag comp. It's worth the $$$. IMO
Old 03-07-2008, 05:58 PM

i have 50hp bd injectors but i was thinking i should move up to 100hp good idea or just stay?
Old 03-08-2008, 06:16 AM

Get an Adrenaline, you will be impressed. I have a brand new one for your truck for sale in the classifieds, it will save you $ 100
Old 03-08-2008, 02:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1998dodge, if you have a stock turbo, the adrenaline plus your current 50hp injectors will be more fuel than you can burn. I would wait on injectors till you want to upgrade your turbo. For now, just get an Adrenaline, you will love the new found power!
Old 03-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Banned

Broken record here, but Adrenaline is by far the best on the market. What alot of people fail to mention is that the Adrenaline has alot more low end than the edge. It is like having a Smarty/edge stack, but stronger & less smoke.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
It is like having a Smarty/edge stack, but stronger & less smoke.
I don't fail to mention it, I just can't say for sure My transmission is too loose and doesn't exactly act like it's pulling hard. It'll be a whole different ball game once the transmission gets upgraded.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
I don't fail to mention it, I just can't say for sure My transmission is too loose and doesn't exactly act like it's pulling hard. It'll be a whole different ball game once the transmission gets upgraded.
What tranny are you going with?
Old 03-08-2008, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
1998dodge, if you have a stock turbo, the adrenaline plus your current 50hp injectors will be more fuel than you can burn. I would wait on injectors till you want to upgrade your turbo. For now, just get an Adrenaline, you will love the new found power!
I agree^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Unless ur goin BIG HP, I would just stay with what you have. I'm runnin the Adrenaline on my stock truck and it works for me just fine, just gotta watch the boost and EGT's with the stock turbo and head gasket.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
What tranny are you going with?
It's a toss up right now. With the dozen great reputable builders out there, I have a tough time deciding. No one is close to me either, so that doesn't help. Most likely it's going to be Goerend though. I like what he has, the warranty, and I've rarely if ever heard a bad thing about him.

It's tough, though. Every vendor is competitively priced, competitively built, and they've all got great reputations. It's pretty much transmission roulette. Spin a wheel and pick?

Internals wise though, it's going to be a full rebuild with a billet input at minimum. Haven't decided on whether I want billet intermediate and output shafts, since 1400 bucks can buy a lot

I had planned on doing one myself on my spare transmission, but I'd rather pay the pro's to get it done right.

Quick Reply: quadzilla vs edge what one?