Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quadzilla Fuel Pressure Gauge Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qzilla,

Here is another gem!

I don't like option #1. I have made them (Datcom) agree to replace the faulty ones for as long as they are in their warranty period. I still stand by that. We have not sold them in a LONG time but, stuff sits on shelves and it is possible yours is still in warranty. I will be happy to get you a brand spanking new one.

Why not simply say that his was one of the ones sitting on the shelf and have DATCOM replace it? No cost to you! The result would be a satisfied customer!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:34 PM

Qzilla,

Here is another one!

Again your quote!

Trust me, it would have been easier to say well, some work and some don't, here is your warranty replacement.

You are very correct on this one!

Joe
Old 05-06-2009, 04:37 PM

Qzilla,

Yet another one from you!

"So while you are mad and upset, take a step back and look at the whole picture. You are getting a piece of equipment that is substantially better than anything else you can buy on the market, it works with what you already have and if you get rid of ridiculous shipping costs you are probably talking about a $35 upgrade"

It seems to me that you are upset that you have to spend $45 out of your own pocket to repair something that should have worked but by your own admission sold an inferior component in your original system.

Joe
Old 05-06-2009, 04:47 PM

Qzilla,

And yet another quote from you!

"If we charged you $45 for the same stuff, I would have to agree with you that we would be in the wrong. That is not the case, you are getting somethng drastically better and far improved from what you originally bought."

If the original product worked as advertised, would there be a "need" for the drastically better and far improved product? Obviously not!

Joe

PS. These have all been in your own words so I dont think I mis-understood a single thing you said!

By the way, I own two businesses myself in differing fields then this and I know that you have to take care of the customers and you just dont seem to get it!
Old 05-06-2009, 04:56 PM

Qzilla,

I forgot to include the best for last so here it is:

"We tested these for a long time and used it for a long time. Was it perfect? No"

Right here you just admitted selling a product that you knew was not perfect (even within your own testing parameters). Your product had known faults but you brought it to market anyway to take cash from your customers but when it came time to own up to those imperfections you are not willing to make it right!

UNBELIEVEABLE!

Joe
Old 05-06-2009, 04:57 PM

Qzilla,

The next time you go to court you might just want to take the 5th!

Joe
Old 05-06-2009, 10:55 PM

I don't like option #1. I have made them agree to replace the faulty ones for as long as they are in their warranty period. I still stand by that. We have not sold them in a LONG time but, stuff sits on shelves and it is possible yours is still in warranty. I will be happy to get you a brand spanking new one.
Sure you are willing to replace the old units with other old units under warranty (Datcons warranty that is) it doesn’t cost you anything.

As far a warranty goes, mine quit months before the warranty expired. I called you guys and was told that there was currently NO solution and, you were working on the problem. No one offered to replace my Datcon unit. I haven’t had a FP gauge for almost a year. Life goes on and I forgot about it until just recently. Well my warranty is expired now. That’s my fault. I should have kept bugging you guys.

No one else is commenting because they understand sometimes crap happens and they can see it happens on both sides of the coin. It might have cost them $45 but, they got exactly what they want and they are happy.
Really? Is that the case? Here let me try some of that logic.

I did not sell 100 of these. We sold over 8,000 of them. I know the failure numbers and I know the warranty replacement numbers. In all acutality, its not that bad, its just not what we want so we went a different route.
OK let’s see… 8000 x $35.00 = $280,000.00. I’m starting to understand why you decided not to replace old sending units with newer transducers under warranty. In actuality, its not that bad, it’s just not what YOU want so YOU went a different route. Truth is no one else is commenting because they understand you’re not going to do anything about it. “True colors” I believe is the saying.

I'm sorry quad. Do you need a loan?
I have to let you know I am biting my tongue on this. I don't think a loan offer from someone who is this upset about $45 is going to do me much good.

But, you really are missing the point. I’m not upset about the $45.00. Ya, I know I said “I am having a tough time swallowing the charges”. I misspoke. After all I have a 1700.00 Air horn I hardly use (read that, I’m not afraid to spend money). This whole thing reminds me of my 5 year old when he dropped a glass of Kool aid last week. Standing there covered in grape drink saying “it’s not my fault”. Let’s face it we all have junk that doesn’t work as promised and manufacturers that don’t live up to warrantees. Why should you be any different?

If you still cannot stomach that, I am sorry there is nothing I can say or do that is going to help at this point.
Actually, there is. Why don’t you just admit you spilled the Kool aid? At least I could respect that.

Jonny Straight

P.S.
Care to guess how I got my nickname? It's because I tell it like it is. We call a spade a shovel where I come from.

P.P.S.
Is there a warrantee on the new transducer? actually never mind.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amen, Brothers! Money is not the point. Like JohnnyStraight said, except one step further: You took 8,000 x $500 for the non-warranted units from your customers ($4,000,000 or so) and lost another 8,000 x $700 for future Adrenaline purchases ($5,600,000) all for customer satisfaction of $280,000. Sounds like a losing proposition to me. I'm willing to shell out $700 for a new setup from Edge but I refuse to give $45 (let alone $700) to Quadzilla because they do not stand behind what they sell. Paint it any way you want, Quad, you did not honor your warranty with my Commander. I have never, repeat never, paid extra money to a company to fix a warranty item. Never have, never will. How many truck owners with $700 to spend for a performance module will do a search on this website and see your lack of commitment to your products? More than just one, I'm sure. Some companies in America say what they do and do what they say. Some don't. Count your company among the latter....