Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quadzilla Fuel Pressure Gauge Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quadzilla Fuel Pressure Gauge Issue

I was just wondering if anybody had an opinion as to the 45.00 charge from Quadzilla to "upgrade" the old problematic fuel pressure sending units to the "new and improved" (transducer) sending unit. I am having a tough time swallowing the charges. Shouldn't Quadzilla be replacing these units free of charge? (Warranty??) I paid 90.00 extra for fuel pressure capabilities on my commander and it only worked for a few months. When I contacted Quadzilla (last summer) they told me they were working on it. Now (a year and a half after I purchased it) I see there is a fix, but I must pay more money. I contacted Jeremy at Quadzilla about it but he just keeps say it's not their problem it's the sending unit manufacturers problem. I didn't buy anything from the sending unit manufacturer. What gives???

Johnny T
Old 04-28-2009, 10:38 AM

Easy answer, dont ever buy anything from them again!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JohnnyStraight, do a search and view my endless rants on what a warranty entails. I'm willing to sell my Quadzilla Commander with FP (new old transducer) for $200. I'll never buy from Quadzilla again for a simple warranty issue that they are making guys pay for. Nothing like spending $500+ for a gauge setup and an additional $150 for replacement transducers and stuff only to be slapped with a fee for warranty work! Crap, there I go again....
Old 04-29-2009, 04:16 PM

I wish I never bought any of their crap in the first place. Definitely not buying more, and there's no way I'm paying for a new fuel pressure sending unit after mine only worked for a couple months in the first place.

I'm really not sure why everybody on here seems to kiss their Edit.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:45 PM

Ya I see what you mean jentas... I checked a couple of other threads on here... there sure seams to be a lot of individuals sympatheic to quadzilla out there. Oh well wait untill they have warranty issues!! HA HA HA
Old 05-02-2009, 09:34 AM

Sorry about the language everybody...my bad
Old 05-04-2009, 03:22 PM

I would edit out the questionable language, but it won't let me--sorry if I offended someone.

However, it does appear somewhat ridiculous that even though there is nothing here that would be bleeped on TV (thus not deemed offensive by the majority in our society), someone felt compelled to flag. Maybe I missed something, but perhaps the offense taken was not just for the language...hmm.

Trending Topics

Old 05-04-2009, 11:20 PM

Hmmm...you may be on to something. With over 182 views, this thread seems to be going nowhere. Perhaps nobody else purchased the fuel gauge option. Or maybe 50.00 is no big deal in this economy. I know, Maybe mine is the only one that was not replaced under warranty. I'm sure the Quadzilla Company is suffering a loss just as I am. I'm sorry quad. Do you need a loan? Give me a call. I'd like to help any way I can.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:34 AM

I'm just the type of guy that believes in principles, I guess. Someone screws me over, I don't ever buy their stuff again, no matter how good everyone thinks it is....
Old 05-05-2009, 10:45 PM

I have said my piece about this issue, long ago.

Long story short, I don't really have any options other than to do it the way we did it.

1.) If your sending unit is still under warranty, we will gladly replace it with a brand new one.

2.) You can upgrade it to the transducer for a cost far less than you could buy just a regular old crappy transducer from anywhere else. Included with the transducer upgrade is not only a hardware change on your Commander but, a wiring harness additions and shipping.

Some make it out to be worse than it is.

I can't sue Datcon (huge, huge corporation) and come out even if I win. All it does is cost me tons of money for nothing. Had I known what they were going to build us is not what we were told we would get I would have done the transducer to start with. No doub hindsight is 20/20.

I don't like option #1. I have made them agree to replace the faulty ones for as long as they are in their warranty period. I still stand by that. We have not sold them in a LONG time but, stuff sits on shelves and it is possible yours is still in warranty. I will be happy to get you a brand spanking new one.

You really don't like that option because there is now an alternate option. I understand that. Had we not continued to work on the issue and spend a considerable amount of money trying to make it right, this would be a non-issue and we would just replace your old one like everyone else in the industry does. We don't do that and our track record shows we continue to work on stuff and develop stuff well past its "honeymoon" period. Trust me, it would have been easier to say well, some work and some don't, here is your warranty replacement.

So while you are mad and upset, take a step back and look at the whole picture. You are getting a piece of equipment that is substantially better than anything else you can buy on the market, it works with what you already have and if you get rid of ridiculous shipping costs you are probably talking about a $35 upgrade.

If we charged you $45 for the same stuff, I would have to agree with you that we would be in the wrong. That is not the case, you are getting somethng drastically better and far improved from what you originally bought.

If you still cannot stomach that, I am sorry there is nothing I can say or do that is going to help at this point.

No one else is commenting because they understand sometimes crap happens and they can see it happens on both sides of the coin. It might have cost them $45 but, they got exactly what they want and they are happy.

I'm sorry quad. Do you need a loan?
I have to let you know I am biting my tongue on this. I don't think a loan offer from someone who is this upset about $45 is going to do me much good.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:05 PM

You know taking the $45 out of your own pocket to satisfy this one customer would have saved you the loss if this potential customer! I am sure that you would have recouped your money from him and others with future sales! When you outsource a product to sell in a system of your design you take ownership of that component in your system! That was a very poor choice to handle this situation in this manner and after reading your reply it even reinforces the position of the disgruntled customer! Your own addmission that you sold a product with inadequete testing is appalling in it's own right!

Joe

Originally Posted by qzilla
I have said my piece about this issue, long ago.

Long story short, I don't really have any options other than to do it the way we did it.

1.) If your sending unit is still under warranty, we will gladly replace it with a brand new one.

2.) You can upgrade it to the transducer for a cost far less than you could buy just a regular old crappy transducer from anywhere else. Included with the transducer upgrade is not only a hardware change on your Commander but, a wiring harness additions and shipping.

Some make it out to be worse than it is.

I can't sue Datcon (huge, huge corporation) and come out even if I win. All it does is cost me tons of money for nothing. Had I known what they were going to build us is not what we were told we would get I would have done the transducer to start with. No doub hindsight is 20/20.

I don't like option #1. I have made them agree to replace the faulty ones for as long as they are in their warranty period. I still stand by that. We have not sold them in a LONG time but, stuff sits on shelves and it is possible yours is still in warranty. I will be happy to get you a brand spanking new one.

You really don't like that option because there is now an alternate option. I understand that. Had we not continued to work on the issue and spend a considerable amount of money trying to make it right, this would be a non-issue and we would just replace your old one like everyone else in the industry does. We don't do that and our track record shows we continue to work on stuff and develop stuff well past its "honeymoon" period. Trust me, it would have been easier to say well, some work and some don't, here is your warranty replacement.

So while you are mad and upset, take a step back and look at the whole picture. You are getting a piece of equipment that is substantially better than anything else you can buy on the market, it works with what you already have and if you get rid of ridiculous shipping costs you are probably talking about a $35 upgrade.

If we charged you $45 for the same stuff, I would have to agree with you that we would be in the wrong. That is not the case, you are getting somethng drastically better and far improved from what you originally bought.

If you still cannot stomach that, I am sorry there is nothing I can say or do that is going to help at this point.

No one else is commenting because they understand sometimes crap happens and they can see it happens on both sides of the coin. It might have cost them $45 but, they got exactly what they want and they are happy.

I have to let you know I am biting my tongue on this. I don't think a loan offer from someone who is this upset about $45 is going to do me much good.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by SkyHarborCowboy
You know taking the $45 out of your own pocket to satisfy this one customer would have saved you the loss if this potential customer! I am sure that you would have recouped your money from him and others with future sales! When you outsource a product to sell in a system of your design you take ownership of that component in your system! That was a very poor choice to handle this situation in this manner and after reading your reply it even reinforces the position of the disgruntled customer! Your own addmission that you sold a product with inadequete testing is appalling in it's own right!

Joe
I think you mis-read what I wrote.

Odds are his is not even in warranty. We have not sold those things in a LONG time.

Anytime something new, or something better comes out everything else breaks and some people always think they should get it for free.

We tested these for a long time and used it for a long time. Was it perfect? No. Did they work? Yes. Proof that they worked is sitting above you, his worked and has worked in the past and we are still offer to replace it under warranty.

What else am I supposed to do?

I did not sell 100 of these. We sold over 8,000 of them. I know the failure numbers and I know the warranty replacement numbers. In all acutality, its not that bad, its just not what we want so we went a different route.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by jentas
I would edit out the questionable language, but it won't let me--sorry if I offended someone.

However, it does appear somewhat ridiculous that even though there is nothing here that would be bleeped on TV (thus not deemed offensive by the majority in our society), someone felt compelled to flag. Maybe I missed something, but perhaps the offense taken was not just for the language...hmm.
It was flagged simply because it violated the Forum rules you agreed to when registering on this free forum. Here is a partial copy of those rules so you can make your self aware of them for future use

"You agree, through your use of the DieselTruckResource.Com forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, racially based or biased, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Legal actions can be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you and you show proof of ownership or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material and you can show proof of consent. In addition, for the use of this forum, profane posts should be considered those completely spelled words, or partially spelled words with use of keyboard symbols that suggest a profane meaning. We repeat, profane posts will absolutely not be tolerated on this website and its forums."
Old 05-06-2009, 03:41 PM

My problems with the Quadzilla FP setup happened well within the warranty period. They continually stated that they were working on a fix for the problem and would make it right when they figured it all out. The end result was that I paid money for something that was under warranty and didn't work worth a ****. If quad won't fix my warranty problem for free, then refund my money for the FP upgrade and let's be done with it. I, for one, would have been first in line to dole out $700 for the Adrenaline setup if they would have fixed my warranty issue in the first place. Let's see: 8,000 people with crappy FP Commanders times $700 each of lost business.... It's the prinicple of the thing. I don't want a better setup that I should be happy to fork over more money for. I want a setup that works as advertised in the first place. Claiming that you will replace the crummy FP transducer until my warranty runs out is a laughable solution. Edge, here I come.... Rant ended.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:28 PM

Qzilla,

Here is a quote from yourself!

"Had I known what they were going to build us is not what we were told we would get I would have done the transducer to start with. No doub hindsight is 20/20."

Now this is what your customers are thinking!

Had your customers known that what they were going to buy from you, an inferior product that you wouldnt stand behind, they would have bought another vendors item! No doubt hindsight is 20/20! After reading your replies here so is Foresight when dealing with your company!

Sometimes its better to take a small loss on items that you acknowledge to be bad from the start and maintain a good name then to stick your head in the sand and lose future customers!

Joe

Quick Reply: Quadzilla Fuel Pressure Gauge Issue