Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

quadzilla or edge attitude with juice

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quadzilla or edge attitude with juice

i want to get something for my truck and not sure what yet but i know the edge is good but what about the quadzilla chip is any good are the problems fixed its on sale and not sure if i should get it or not what u think pros and cons please thanks
Old 03-01-2008, 04:49 PM

I have just switched over to the Adrenaline from the Juice. Let me first say that as far as the monitorining of engine parameters goes there is no comparison. The Attitude monitor is so far ahead of the Control Pod it really is not comparing apples to apples. The Juice and Attitude seems like better quality too. With the juice you get a digital fuel pressure sensor. With the Adrenaline you get a variable resistance sending unit. The Juice Harness seemed like better quality to me as well. The control pod to me seems crude. There really is not a very good way to mount it, and it is really not asthetically pleasing to me. I felt bad that I had sold the Juice after I got my Adrenaline. I like the Look of the Juice and Attitude Monitor and I liked that it could be mounted in an A-Pillar. Now as far as performance goes I am not sure yet. I have only driven the truck one time with the Adrenaline and that was with the comp beta tune. I need to get a regular tune loaded up before I develop an opinion on the performance end. I do know one thing, with the Juice on Kill and Smarty stacked, the truck ripped. I hope I am not disappointed. But as far as monitoring goes Adrenaline does not even come close and is rather disappointing IMHO. My overall impression was that Quadzilla is trying to make an incredibly performing module for a very affordable price. When I sold my Juice on Ebay, I got more money for it than my new Adrenaline cost. Everyone here loves the way the Adrenaline performs. I am a fan of performance and looks and so far I still lean towards my old Juice.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:21 PM

Good info pokapotato. I am on the fence on whether or not to trade the Edge in on an Adrenaline. I think I will sit on it a little longer.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Adrenaline is going to be available with the commander monitor & pillar mount. I can't say no more than I have, but once quad goes public with stage 3....you will be glad that you switched. I promise.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:02 PM

I have owned every large chip out there for the VP44 trucks. The Juice was cool and is a great product BUT now soon will be 1990's technology. Just wait and see. There are so many more options with the Adrenaline and you will be blown away in a short while, you'll see. I still think Edge and TST have a great product and excellent customer service but not as personal as Quadzilla. In the end it's a personal choice...
Old 03-01-2008, 08:04 PM

I have a quad commander in my truck as a monitor only. It was pretty much my only choice for an all-in-one for my 12v since I don't like pilliar gauges. However I feel the commander still needs a lot of work. Lot of glitches in the operation, granted the software updates help out, they don't solve all the problems. I've had one commander fail to read fuel pressure another that now has a dead line of pixels. Both commanders read about 200* different in EGTs. The fuel pressure sender also failed, I have to purchase a portion of the replacement... I don't know seems to be the only answer I get from customer service( about a new fp sender and analog boost sender) . Can't tell you if Edge is any better but my commander is just a high $$ pyro right and has been for the last 6 months or so.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Banned

sold my juice to get the adrenaline, glad i did, no comparison in performance levels, all you have to do is look at pics to tell what monitor is better, but that will soon change, out with the old in with the new!!!!!!! Quad style!!
Old 03-01-2008, 10:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you care about in cab monitor, the Adrenaline control pod is not going to be your cup of tea. In a few weeks when the commanderish screen is released for the Adrenaline, it will then be cooler looking than the Juice.

I had a Juice w attitide HOT for one year. The Adrenaline Blows it away. I have a stick shift so the fact that the Adrenaline fuels right off idle and does not wait for boost to start fueling makes it a lot faster. The Adrenaline is a cleaner running box as well. I could lugg 5th gear and black out the whole town with the Juice. I can lugg 5th gear and black out one intersection with the Adrenaline and then the turbo lights.

The Adrenaline is a more sophisticated fueling box. The Juice was smooth, but very crude in the way it just dumped fuel when on level 6 Hot. It would put out the fire so to speak and dump smoke forever. The Adrenaline has far superior fueling tables/decisions and it hits early and dumps fuel in such a way that makes power and boost, not smoke and heat. On the top end, the Adrenaline keeps pulling. You have to be careful if you are a stick shifter like me. It is very easy to see 3400-3500 rpm when you get on it. The Juice would defuel, even in Hot mode it would never get over 3350 rpm.

And like JLent said, level 3 is going to be the hottest thing on the market. If you are still set on the Juice, wait 3 months, and you'll be able to get one cheap.