Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quadzilla Adrenaline ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quadzilla Adrenaline ?'s

Hey guys, this is not my usual section as I normally spend my time with the other old school rigs, a.k.a the 1st gen section.

However, my brother has been looking at getting a Quadzilla Adrenaline for his truck, and he has a few questions about it. First off, his truck is a 2000 model Cummins, 4x4, 5spd, 3.73 rear end, and everything is stock except for a Diablo Power Puck (which would be removed if he gets an actual chip).

To those of you who have them, what are the pro's and con's of the Adrenaline? (performance, customer service, negative aspects/problems, etc.)

I don't know how many stages it has or how much power is added with it on each setting (anyone know the numbers?). Since the truck will remain stock (clutch, trans, etc.), what would be the maximum setting that could be used and not be too much power for the stock clutch to handle safely?

Thanks in advance,

Dawson
Old 12-26-2008, 04:36 AM

i have a quad adr. and i personally love it. At first there were surging issues and what not, but that was with earlier tunes. The new tunes that have been out for about a month have solved the surging issues completely. Have him get the pulse monitor so he can do custom tuning...it turns the adr. into a completely different beast.

Also very important is to get an airdog fuel pump. With the stock lift pump i could get the fuel pressure guage to zero on anything higher than power level 3. That will kill a vp-44 in no time. With the airdog, it never drops below 11psi.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EatMySmoke
.....I don't know how many stages it has or how much power is added with it on each setting (anyone know the numbers?). Since the truck will remain stock (clutch, trans, etc.), what would be the maximum setting that could be used and not be too much power for the stock clutch?........
Dawson
Comes with 11 settings... off, timing only, Can Bus fueling only, and 8 wire tapped fueling levels.
With the Pulse , and custom tuning , you can set up as few as you want, as well as adjusting when the power comes in and how much you get.
I dynoed an honest 180 hp from the Adrenaline.

My guess on clutch slippage is 100 hp added.... depending on how you drive it.

RJ
Old 12-26-2008, 01:50 PM

lol
you better get a clutch first