Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

quadzilla

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks matt but i am not a big used kinda guy for 314.00 i dont see how you can go wrong can always get your money back at that price. take it easy mike remember we are on the point system now !! thanks for the help guys and anyone else feel free to chime in
Old 02-26-2007, 04:11 PM

mike, i said in my previous post, "it does not add timing and can be stacked with a fueling box, like a tst." sorry if you mis-read my post. floorman, i am just trying to tell you about it. i OWN this box. i like it. i think you will too. for 300 bucks you cannot go wrong. as to the ad saying it adds timing, quad told me himself that it will stack with a timing box. he said anytime you alter the vp by tapping the wire it changes the timing a little, but will stack with a timing box. my advice to you is find quadzilla on here, he hangs out in the 3rd gen. forums alot. pm him and he can answer all your questions. like i said before he is very helpful!
Old 02-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now I'm confused.. Does the box add timing or not? I read the ad. as saying it does add timing.

Turbo dreams, I don't think I mis-read your post. You called the TST a timing box and you said the Quad box would not add timing and the ad. say otherwise.

"it does not add timing and can be stacked with a timing box like a tst."

Either way, Mike (Floorman) can make up his own mind and do what he thinks is best for his truck.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:25 PM

i'm sorry. i should have worded it better. i was saying the quad box does not add timing and can be stacked with any timing box. just like a tst can. this is what quad told me:
Re: dxz98s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo dreams
i went and ordered your product today. i am very anxious to get it and hope it is great. i have two questions i would like to know. i was told by the vendor that this is a fuel only module so 1) is it fuel only? if so i can stack it with my edge ez. and 2) how does it fuel past 3200 rpms? if i keep my foot to the floor it will go past that? will i need a valvetrain upgrade? when does it know when to shift? thanks again

1.) Well anytime you mess with the injection it alters the timing ever so slightly but not enough to make any difference. For all practical purposes it is fuel only. You can stack anything you want with it.

2.) In an auto the truck will still shift the same. The only difference is that it will fuel past redline if you hold it in a gear provided you have enough fuel supply.

You don't need any valvetrain updates at all.

Quad
Old 02-26-2007, 05:28 PM

It says it adds timing, but I do not see how. It only hooks up to the VP, APPS, and Map. I installed one on a friends truck and man does that thing get hot on EGT's, but that could be just something on his truck. Stacked the EZ and reduced egt's 100*. So I think there is very little timing if any.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Chapter President

I see what you were saying now. Talking on the internet can be confusing sometimes..
Old 02-26-2007, 07:52 PM

it seems like everyones truck is different. was really just looking to see if it was a good deal i like the torque numbers it show and was hopeing to get some good info and happy customer

thanks for you help guys
Old 02-27-2007, 11:15 AM

I will see if I can answer all the questions in one post! If I missed something let me know.

The Vp44 protection is done with a special fused circuit that keeps a short from ever getting to the VP44. We also use a different style circuit to control the pump that does not just slam the solenoid whichis tough on them. Basically we do what everyone does on the pump just in a more gentle fashion.

That is not to say that every pump out there is going to live but, we are definately easier on pumps than the others we have tested.

It is adjustable on the fly with either our control pod which is comes with or with our Commander. The control pod is basically a digital switch.

We do alter timing but, it is in a pretty small way and it is at the pump itself not on the bus. You can stack this with any of the "timing" modules that you want and it works fine.

If you want a truly all in one module that does fueling and timing then wait for our Race module. It is in the finishing stages and is brutal!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:35 AM

can i please have a race module??? you know i have been doing alot of advertising for quad..........
Old 02-27-2007, 08:00 PM

Yeah go ahead and let me have one too. I am fixing to have a clutch and lift pump!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:11 PM

Is there an estimated release date for the Race module? I'm looking to upgrade my XZT soon. I was going to buy an Xzillaraider but I may hold out for a race module.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:05 AM

Well I got my Xillaraider in last night everything done except deciding for sure where to put my dial. Everything went well not a bad deal to install and makes nice power.
level 1 feels smoother and better at cruising speed
level 2 starts to motivate much better very noticable when downshifting
level 3 Holy cats this thing rips it made my exhaust sing like never before and it definatly has a ton more get up and go
I definatly have to watch it because my clutch already says ouch but so far I love it
Old 02-28-2007, 11:31 AM

Well the first step for the Race module will be beta tested here in a few weeks.

The first step will be the normal Race module but, the Commander will not be available for it. We are building a seperate special COmmander for this application and you will simply be able to disconnect the control pod and plug in 1 plug for the Commander much like the Attitude for the Juice.

Now in normal form the Race module will include EGT, Boost, FP, and a Tranny/Oil readings on the control pod plus power level control.

You will be able to run it up to about 65-70hp with no wire tapped or tap the wire and get a LOT of power. However you want to do it.

It will be a bargain as well, I promise!

We are working on getting the first run of hardware built.

Quad
Old 02-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Chapter President

Tapped wire power = ??? Would the race module defuel?
Old 02-28-2007, 02:20 PM

Yes, it does defuel. There is really a lot more features that I just have not mentioned but, it will defuel automatically based on various parameters.

Once we start getting just a little closer we will have a lot of info up on the web.

Quick Reply: quadzilla