Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

quadxilla adrenaline

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bjans
I'm not earning brownie points or trying to get something for free! Quad said the units ship the 5th and they did! Call and ask them if you think they didnt! those are the FACTS! If you have been following the adebbsline like most of us have you would have known about the sending unit a long time ago(December). Like he said he's workin on it! If you don't like the discount he gave for not having the sending unit with it then pay more for an edge and stay at the back of the pack! Otherwise chill out and wait like everyone else has had to!
First of all, don't knock the edge. Its a good box and is proven itself. I'm with Bullboy on this one. I am starting to get interested in the quad box and I wouldn't have known about this issue if I decided to buy and install that box to try it out, becuase I'm just an average guy. He does have a right to be upset, and hopefully you guys can all work that out...anyways, looking forward to trying out that box, seems to be all the new rage.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:35 PM

quad has a good compony, they have not let me down once yet. id still say go for it. its sopose to be the best chip out there for our trucks right now and does more then any other chip iv heard of. i had an XZT+ that i couldnt update and they worked with me till we figered everything out. thats all im asking for now is for them to work with all of us to figer something out.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Plumb Wild
First of all, don't knock the edge. Its a good box and is proven itself. I'm with Bullboy on this one. I am starting to get interested in the quad box and I wouldn't have known about this issue if I decided to buy and install that box to try it out, becuase I'm just an average guy. He does have a right to be upset, and hopefully you guys can all work that out...anyways, looking forward to trying out that box, seems to be all the new rage.
I have had every edge box that is made for our trucks and yes they are proven and a decent box but like i said "back of the pack" compared to the adrenaline. I undersand you guys are frustrated and all but he's workin his tail off trying to get everything smooth so all of us will be happy.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:56 PM

fair enough...and i totally understand that. I love my comp, was going to send it in and get a drag comp, but i think i will wait and get the quad box later this summer.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:07 AM

Ok, without going over this again and again and again I will try one last time.

In beta testing and upon intial launch ALL Adrenalines were shipped with a FP sending unit. They all also paid more as the MSRP was higher. This is a part that I cannot physically buy anylonger even if I wanted to pay $500 a piece for them (well maybe then I could but, you get the point).

I knew this stunk and we have been working on someone building us a new sensor to fit the exact specifications as the old one, except one that is reliable.

Either I could not sell any Adrenaline modules, or I could lower the price which I did and took the FP thing off of my website like I posted earlier. Now, the control pod will still read FP. The Pulse will still read FP so it still says they will read FP. There are some people running different sensors with satisfactory results but, I have been unable to obtain data sheets from the manufacturers to verify that our hardware for the input of the signal is correct and that they are going to be accurate.

I never hid this, I never tried to trick or fool anyone for any reason. Why would I drop retail price on something that has basically stayed backordered since I released it?

We sent the information to ALL dealers and distributors. Whether they changed it or not is something I do not know nor do I monitor it. The simple fact is that you DID NOT get screwed unless you paid more than what our current MSRP is, or more than our current MSRP minus the discount they are all currently offering off of our MSRP.

Now, the truth is that it would be really easy to stick some unknown sending unit in the box, jack the price back up and go on. Any 244-33 ohm sending unit will work and will read, it just may not be accurate across the range of the sensor. It would also be really easy to just throw out a couple of part #'s where you can go buy a sending unit for $40 or $50. Most of you would never know the difference but, that is not how I do things.

So, until I get a sending unit that will work, they don't come with them. It was not by design, it is not want I wanted but, that is the way it is and the price reflects this. I am not sure what else I can do?
Old 05-10-2008, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by bullboy85
everyone has that, and everyone that gets it is going to be mad that its not as advertized expechely those who had no clue at all. yes id read something in dec about it then hadnt seen anything sence so i figered it was all taken cair of sence everyone seemed happy, i dont want a refund and im not mad at quad. im just looking for a solution. theres got to be an ansure out there. if that compony cant make them anymore isnt there someone that can? were just the first of a ton of people that are going to be asking about this. to all fairness to the new owners that didnt get on the beta testing thats a huge thread itd take a long time and a lot of useless info to find whats still relavent today. quads been good to me. if quad says thats something i need to take up with the site i ordered it from then ill make the call after i get it. if thats gona cause him alot more trouble then ill wait and see what he has to say
There have been roughly 1700 people recieve this product without a FP sending unit and we have had no issues? I think most people already knew we stopped doing it after the first shipment???
Old 05-10-2008, 01:28 AM

i kept up with the thread as well as i could and had no idea it was still a problem. i looked up every diesel side i could think of and everyone that is selling it says it comes with everything you need except your site. if thats the case ill complain to the site i bought it from for missleading me and wait with everyone elce for u to find something that works.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:48 AM

ok so if i get my hands on a sender from a recon or commandar there all the same one right?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:28 AM

Make sure it is the 0-40 psi sender we use for hte Dodges. the 0-100 one will not work well.

Just so you guys know we have some sending units we are testing but, it taks more than a few days to insure that they are good sending units. They seem good though. It would probably take about 10-12 weeks to get them from this point. Manufacturers are SLOW.

Also when we do have these we will probably have a link on a site so you can grab them directly for a reasonable price.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:40 AM

thanks quad thats all i was looking for, 12 weeks is a long time but i know what to expect if i cant get that sender some other way.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:48 AM

If anyone finds a sending unit that works. I am sure that they will post a part # and location of where they found it. As I will be patiently waiting along with many others that have one on order. That's what is great about this site, MOST of the members are very helpful.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:21 PM
GFB

I cannot find a heavy duty 0-40 sender, but have found a standard duty 0-40 sender. Do you think the standard duty would hold up to the vibrations, quad?
Old 05-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I noticed that my harness didn't even have the wire in it for the sending unit. I have a mechanical gauge, not to worry.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
I noticed that my harness didn't even have the wire in it for the sending unit.
You might want to check that again. All of the wiring harnesses still have the yellow wire with the small ring terminal on them. It is in the same small portion of loom as the green wire that you tap the pump with.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
You might want to check that again. All of the wiring harnesses still have the yellow wire with the small ring terminal on them. It is in the same small portion of loom as the green wire that you tap the pump with.
Oh i guess i should have read the destructions a little better. It was late and i had a few
I grounded that ring terminal thinking that it was the ground for the wire tap like the Comp. They are in the same loom.

Quick Reply: quadxilla adrenaline