Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

quad xzt

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this morning, i did the wire tap mod. i tapped it right at the module connector under the dash. I did not want to have more wires running into the engine compartment.

I ran a switch(on/off) in between the tap from the red(5volt) to blue wire. So i can turn it on and off at will.

I checked both the dark and light blue wires at idle. Both had 1.2v. So i tried the light blue first. With the switch on, barely has any power, no peddle at all. So off the light blue and on the dark blue. Instant throttle response, yes there is smoke, but only for about 2 seconds. It spools my bigger turbo faster than without the mod. The throttle does not seem too touchy. But then again, I am only using it for full power accel.

I have not set a CEL because of this mod. I got a CEL only because I disconnected the module while tapping, and forgot to plug it back in prior to starting. Stupid mistake.

Thanks Quad.