Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline for an old lady driver

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xtoyz17
I'll agree with everything but the last sentence. He's got a tight converter and a tight turbo, and while heat may not be an issue I'd venture a guess to say he spends an awful lot of time cleaning soot off of his truck and trailer. That may be ideal to some, but definitely not ideal for the OP.
Not true, no soot on truck or trailer, just a huge cloud starting out in 1st or a good puff from a 4,3 or 3,2 down shift. If I'm over say 10lbs of boost I'm clean as a whistle except for the shifts. While in MN, almost sea level, I can drive without a puff. Verified that for the last 2 years pulling my trailer there and back. Altitude and heat is the smoke machine.

Sorry for the off topic.

Back to the Adr and old lady driver
Old 07-08-2008, 01:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No, keep it going guys, I don't think it is off topic. I am on a mission to optimize my truck for the best overall performance, and that does include the turbo, as I think high elevation does present a unique dilemma for choosing all performance components.
So for injectors, I went with M1.6 and like them a lot. Some finesse with the thin pedal and I have no smoke at all when not towing but with cargo in the back; I am yet to find out what I will get with the trailer. For the electronics upgrade I listened to Bob Wagner and bought a VA to try: an old, conservative box that seems to have a reputation that it is good for towing. I just bought it today, so will report once I get it in on Thursday. Maybe we will find time on the weekend and take the trailer out and go camping. This will provide me some good information on what the combo did to my truck's towing performance.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PaulDaisy
No, keep it going guys, I don't think it is off topic. I am on a mission to optimize my truck for the best overall performance, and that does include the turbo, as I think high elevation does present a unique dilemma for choosing all performance components.
I would stay with your HX-35 at altitude..... or maybe a BD 58/14 if you need a bit more. Anything big, IMO, you will hate.
I was shocked taking my S300 and Mach 4's from sea level to 6,000' (at gross wt). Could not control big smoke...just pulling away from a red light! Lost about 10 psi boost at WOT. 5 speed would be easier to work with but still.......... it's a whole different ball game, IMO.

RJ
Old 07-08-2008, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PaulDaisy
I would stay with your HX-35 at altitude..... or maybe a BD Super B 58/14 if you need a bit more. Anything big, IMO, you will hate.
I was shocked taking my S300 and Mach 4's from sea level to 6,000' (at gross wt). Could not control big smoke...just pulling away from a red light! Lost about 10 psi boost at WOT. 5 speed would be easier to work with but still.......... it's a whole different ball game, IMO.

RJ