Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

quad adrenaline.. HELP ME

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go into the Pulse menu and select Display setup. When you pick the parameters choose TPS% and RPM for at least 2 of them. When you go back to the main menu it will show you what the TPS% is and what the RPM is.

and i did try my friends box on my truck. it smoked more but nothing like it should have. but i think it might have been the tune on it. yes, it smoked more, but it was still hardly anything.
That bothers me a little. Unless you have a major TPS problem or something is not showing up on the data bus then that is probably not a good thing.

Even if it has the 1000 tune on it, at PL10 it should be way more than a little noticable. It should be pretty good and should definitely have some smoke at WOT from a stop. Not a ton but, a lot more than stock.

If it is working on his truck and not on yours, that means you probably have some other issue going on.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:51 AM

god **** it. of course i do. why would my truckl just be working properly

i dont remeber if we tried mine on his truck. but do i need to replace my TPS or MAP or something?
Old 03-13-2009, 01:18 PM

ok well i went and played with the pulse and i have the set to show boost, egt, TPS %, and RPM and it shows all of them. the TPS % moves just as it seems it should when i step on the gas, shows my RPMS moving as well. so what does that mean?
Old 03-13-2009, 10:46 PM

ok i have this problem sometimes too...on mine its a loose connection on the pump tap. i can jiggle the t-tap and reconnect my wire and it goes back to workin. sometimes i can go a couple weeks before the dern thing gets a bad connection or a couple of miles down the road. i am thinking about getting a stealth cover to solve this problem. where are u located at stevenl???
Old 03-14-2009, 12:52 AM

i wish it seems that simple. but unfortunatly it seems like something else. i have screwed with the pump tap a few times now. and i am located in ALB, New Mexico.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:29 AM

I have one that needs uploaded every so often. I just reloaded it last night and it's running good now. It will last from a week to a month or so. I'm not bad mouthing, it really works great with the 2000 tune except the 4000 rpm one. It kills the truck when I hammer on it in low gear.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 AM

ya i have up loaded new tunes many times and it didnt change anything
Old 03-15-2009, 07:01 PM

alright well i tested the pump tap and it ohmed out. so its got a good connection in the wire to the box at least. i went from the wire tap connection to the quad connector. and i put the key in the ON position and tested the wire on the VP and i tested both. one had no voltage and the other had 12. so i tapped into the one that had 12 V.

as for the pulse i have it showing my RPM's and my TPS %. and it shows both of them. whats next???
Old 04-01-2009, 08:09 PM

well i just got an e mail back from jeremy and the box is on its way back to me, said he couldnt find any problems with it at all. what else could it be. something with my truck i guess? but the TPS seems to work and the rpms are being read by the pulse so what the F?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:43 PM

i`m having the same issues. mine`s not fueling either. All conections check out too.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:45 PM

Here`s what mine does. It will change from pl01-pl02, but from pl02-pl03 no change. It should be the biggest felt increase due to the pump tap wire fueling. It checks out voltage wise and ohms, the pump tap wire that is. I`m wondering if its not the map sensor or something simple, but i have no codes for it.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:52 PM

I have the same probs....but according so some people we are retards and shouldn't buy one cause we cant install it right......
Old 04-02-2009, 03:11 PM

ya mine has no change from 2 to 3.. a nd everything else checks out. im sor lost....
Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 PM

my adrenaline works for like 10 mins after start up then quits until i kill it and fire it back up. ive been working with jeremy and the engineers trying to figure this thing out, no luck yet but hopefully soon.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:39 PM

Dunno if this will help but I had the same probs as you and just got it working like an hour ago. After tapping the wire twice I was still only getting some power up to pl02 so I took the tap off and took a box cutter and scrapped the insulation off to expose the wires...then re-tapped it and now it works. I now have power all the way to 10. Will have to drive it more to make sure it keeps on working but as of now it does. Good Luck

Quick Reply: quad adrenaline.. HELP ME