Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

quad adrenaline.. HELP ME

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quad adrenaline.. HELP ME

so i got the adr and installed it. and its not fueling. i have made sure everything is hooked up right, MAO, DATA LINK< power and grounds. and even checked the pump tap. many times. i have a really aggresive tune on the box now and its not smoking for anything. its not fueling at all. anyone have any help or sugestions?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:25 PM

how did you check? did you check for voltage at the plug at the module end of the harness for the pump tap? is it powering on? check engine light?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:28 PM

i just check that the qick tap was actually making contact with the pump wire that had power when the kep was in the ON position. and there is no check engine light? i just wanna get this truck running like it should with this box on it.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check all wires in both ends of the harness to be sure one hasn't pulled out of the socket. My friend had a wire pulled out of the data link plug.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:36 PM

ill try that. but would the data link effect fueling?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have the custom tuning? Maybe double check in the pulse that you have the factory tuning selected, and not tune 1 or 2.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Chapter President

You did tap the uppermost wire closest to the engine? Just starting with simple basics, not calling you a dummy or anything. Make sure all the wires that go to "hot" terminals are getting good connection. Kind of hard to guess when you cant touch it. Like stated above make sure all the harness connections are making contact on either end. Check every wire for continuity.

Trending Topics

Old 03-09-2009, 10:49 PM

well i had the wire on the VP tapped closest to the block and when the key was in the ON position it had no power. but the other wire did so we switched it thinking maybe.... but no luck there so i am gonna check the map connector and the data and just make sure that those are all in good condition. and as far as a tune it is my friends custom tune, pretty aggresive he says. and it smoked like mad on his truck but nothing on mine. so im gonna start by checking the pump tap again and making sure the adr harness has good conection. and go from there i guess. anymore help or sugestions would be much appreciated becasue im stumped.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:09 AM
Chapter President

Good luck. By the way when you get it working, start saving for a clutch
Old 03-10-2009, 01:34 PM

already have a SB dual disc in it. and ya i guess thats all thats left is to check every single wire for continuity... nothing can ever be truly "plug and play"
Old 03-10-2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by stevenl
already have a SB dual disc in it. and ya i guess thats all thats left is to check every single wire for continuity... nothing can ever be truly "plug and play"
I have to say the Smarty was very much a "Plug and Play" operation. The other HP items I installed required me getting dirty for a couple of hours.

Sounds like you narrowed down your problem. Hope it works out for you.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:04 PM

hopefully i can get this working soon, this sucks without it working right.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:10 PM

join the club!!! I`ve been fighting this issue for 2 months. Its good on pl00 pl01, and pl02. When I go beyond that, it doesn`t change anything.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:27 PM

Ok, I read a 4 page thread on this on another site but, this looks less cluttered so hopefully it will be easier for you.

First and foremost (because I think people need to know this), the unit you got was a used one from someone else?

There are a couple of things that could cause this issue.

First, if for some reason it is not getting some of the bus data such as TPS or RPM then it won't fuel. This could be a connection issue, wiring harness issue or possibly a truck issue (not likely). If you have a Pulse tell us if you are geting TPS and RPM.

Second, if it does not get a boost reading, it will not fuel. Can you tell us if the boost is displaying correctly on whatever controller you are using.

Third, Pump wire tap is bad or wrong wire. Believe it or not 98% of the time this is the issue, even for guys that have done a thousand wire taps. It is just a pain and gets done on the wrong wire or done with a bad connection a lot of the time.

Fourth, something is wrong with the box. Trust me when I say this, there is no telling what that box has been through. Unless you know the original owner there is no limit to the strange things these type products get put through. I have literally opened the cases and poured water out of them!

You mentioned on the other site that you had a buddy help you and he has a module that works and smokes like crazy on his truck. Take his box off and plop it on your truck and see if it works. If it does then #4 might be your issue? If not, then something else is wrong.

Fifth thing, sometimes there is something wrong with the pump or the fuel supply to the pump. I have seen it where the VP's are so weak that you do not notice any power gains no matter what you do. I have seen this without codes.

Can you tell us if you have more power than stock on PL02?

Lets work on those 5 things and go from there.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:51 PM

great. i will get to work on this first thing in the moring. ut here goes my best attempt at answers.
1) on the pulse how can i tell TPS or RPM, what do i do to find this out? and im goning to check all connections tomorrow.
2) boost is being shown on the pulse. my gauges seems to rise a little faster but it is a hose directly into the intake pletum. but needless to say the pulse is showing boost.
3) as far as the pump tap goes. i have check it many times. i have had the key in the "ON" position and checked both wires for power, and the one that had power i tapped into it. then i checked to make sure the quick tap actually made connection with a test light.
4) i have actually opened the box very gently to look at the inside, nothing is burnt, melted or looks like it had water in it. and everything was dry, but like you said. who knows. i might send it in if i cant figure this out.
and i did try my friends box on my truck. it smoked more but nothing like it should have. but i think it might have been the tune on it. yes, it smoked more, but it was still hardly anything.
5)my gauges shows 15psi at idle and around 10-11 at WOT. as far as my VP it is the origingal as far as i know and im the second owner with 165K on the truck. and when i am driving at a constant speed and go from PL00 up through the power levels, i dont feel any difference.

Quick Reply: quad adrenaline.. HELP ME