Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cspotrun
On another note. Anyone hear anything on the Commanders?
Justin called me. They got backed up a week or so but due out soon.

RJ
Old 03-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Banned

I had a weird one happen to me. Basically the fuse tap and the fuse on the #9 Engine Fuse spot came out on a WOT blast. Truck died and I thought it was a case of vapor lock as i ran the vp out of fuel on the COMP tune. After 4 hours of trying to bleed the VP of air I ended up replacing it. Looked over the old VP and it wouldn't even turn with a wrench on it. Looks like I seized the rotor up pretty good. Only thing I can think of is that it seized due to no Fuel when the Fuse came out. Kinda sucks as that VP was only 40k old but atleast I know this new VP is is good for a little bit. Word to the wise I'd make sure those fuses and fuse taps are in good and tight. I think I'm just gonna tap the wire on the back side of the fuse box and be done with it.

On another note. Anyone hear anything on the Commanders? I am pulling my mechanical gauges this weekend as I'm gonna run the new pump for a coupla weeks prior to voiding my warranty (aka tappin' that wire) so was hoping they have started to ship them atleast.
That sucks. Sorry to hear that.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RowJ

RJ
That's what they said 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:16 PM

RJ
Hope so, I got billed a week and a half ago. Pillar showed up but no Commander yet
Old 03-07-2008, 07:06 AM

i thought they were calling it a Pulse??
Old 03-07-2008, 07:15 AM

I Looked over the old VP and it wouldn't even turn with a wrench on it. Looks like I seized the rotor up pretty good. Only thing I can think of is that it seized due to no Fuel when the Fuse came out.
That's another thing I'm surprised we haven't heard more of, seized pumps. Running the pump dry can't be good, no matter how much 2-stroke you add for lubricity.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Coon Smile
i dont see how the fuse tap coming out would hurt the vp44 but if you are running the pump dry, like quad believes we are on comp tunes, i would say thats the reason for your siezed injection pump.

what PL were u on, which comp file, and did u notice any fueling issues (sputtering, stumbling, popping, missing) while going WOT??
Well yes the fuse tap came off but it had the fuse with it. Basically the power to the ECM including the lift pump was killed. But due to running at WOT motor would technically run for a bit till all the fuel in the filter was gone. I was running the Comp Beta02 Tune. On level 9 and 10 I'd get a shutter comming off the gas, but it was gone on level 8 and down. I was on level 8 when it let go.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
Cspot, are you still running your HY 35 turbo? I think this third gen turbo swap was well worth the hassle. I'm into mine about 500 including the purchase of the turbo. If I sold my HX, I'd be in to the project about 250 bucks, not bad if you ask me.
Yeah I'm still running the ole HY. I've given some thought to the 3rd gen stuff as its cheap but I think I'm gonna try the Dodgezilla from City Diesel and see how it works for me. I have the 12cm Housing already so its about $700. BTW how are your EGTs with the Adrenaline turned up with that 3rd gen turbo.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Hope so, I got billed a week and a half ago. Pillar showed up but no Commander yet
You sure card was hit for the Commander?
Justin took my card info for the commander early last week and I have not been charged...as of last night!

RJ
Old 03-07-2008, 10:45 AM

Well for how much it was, I sure hope it wasn't shipping to get my box and pillar back

Pretty sure it was though. Everything was all supposed to be shipped at the same time, but because of some snags with the USB portion of the commander, they weren't able to get it out at the same time. Pretty sure it posted before they knew about the issues. Either way, I'm not worried. It'll come eventually A working box and control pod was all I wanted, the beta invitation was just a cherry on top!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:01 PM

Great report, Paul! Thanks for the input. Try PL08,,,was stronger for me.
Wish you could have gotten some 1/4 mile data also.
What is your race weight?

RJ
The TRUCKS race weight is 7200lbs with me in it. My race weight is none of your business!

Paul
Old 03-07-2008, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Paulb
The TRUCKS race weight is 7200lbs with me in it......
Thanks, That answers!
Adrenaline = same track times as a Drag Comp/Redline stack, when only on PL07 and a Production tune ....... Very impressive and encouraging for the future!

RJ
Old 03-07-2008, 04:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruising egt's seem touch higher with the Adrenaline and this turbo. Running 600-700 with cruise control and relatively flat ground 68 mph.

With Adrenaline set on 4, egts are little better on the top end. This turbo definitely moves more air at 32 psi boost than my HX did/does at any psi. I'm sure it has more in it, I just need to add a washer or two to shim up the wastegate head some more. I love how hard the Adrenaline hits with this turbo, much easier to light up the tires!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:11 PM

with adrenaline on PL02 cruising at 75mph (2100-2200 rpm) my egts are right at 700*
Old 03-07-2008, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
Cruising egt's seem touch higher with the Adrenaline and this turbo.
JMO but that's hard to understand. Your truck uses enough fuel to go the selected speed. Should not matter how the fuel or the air gets to the engine!!

What will affect EGT's in gross weight, OAT, altitude, tire size and internal condition of engine.

locally, my CTD had been been 700*-750* at 70 mph since I can remember....depending on time of year. That includes three different singles and my present twin turbos.

RJ

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....