Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RowJ, are you not experiancing what other big stick trucks are as far as stumbling?
Old 03-06-2008, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Only when backing off too quickly on the Comp tune.... which I have not tested extensively because it has less HP for my CTD that ADR2000 on PL08.
I get no surge or stumble on the Agressive tunes. Cruise control even works well on PL02.

I am going to the drag strip on the 22nd. Plan is to test Comp tune there.... just to be sure it's not actually faster!
RJ
Old 03-06-2008, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Only when backing off too quickly on the Comp tune.... which I have not tested extensively because it has less HP for my CTD that ADR2000 on PL08.
I get no surge or stumble on the Agressive tunes. Cruise control even works well on PL02.

I am going to the drag strip on the 22nd. Plan is to test Comp tune there.... just to be sure it's not actually faster!
RJ
that is wierd...lucky you!!

double j, have u tried any of the agressive tunes?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
My 3/8" FASS line on my 150/150 won't pull FP down more than 2 psi. I've seen those lines supply 700+ hp as well. You're fine with those.
I'd look elsewhere.

RJ
yea i figured, i only bring the FP down to 14-13psi at WOT
Old 03-06-2008, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by J Double
RowJ, are you not experiancing what other big stick trucks are as far as stumbling?
double j, are u running a big single or twins??
Old 03-06-2008, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Coon Smile
double j, are u running a big single or twins??
ProStreet66. I'm on the fence about moving up to twins or going to a bigger single.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by J Double
ProStreet66. I'm on the fence about moving up to twins or going to a bigger single.
i cant even spool my prostreet past 50psi with these 7x.010's...thats with the waste gated blocked
Old 03-06-2008, 03:15 PM

I have to practically open by boost controller up all the way to keep it under 50psi. And that's with no spray. With spray, I open it all the way and I still see 55psi.

Do you have a leak maybe?
Old 03-06-2008, 03:31 PM

i cant find any leaks, and i just replaced all my boots with silicone hoses
Old 03-06-2008, 04:33 PM

Ran the Adrenaline at the track last Sunday. I ran software ADR1007, on level PL07. This was at Sacramento, CA, which I run at quiet a bit, but it was restricted to 1/8 Sunday because of wind. The first pass I launched at 13psi of boost, and the 60' was a 1.83 which is about .1 slower then the same boost with my normal setup of a drag comp stacked with a redline box. The E.T. at the 1/8 was also about .15 slower. Next pass same launch, and the same 60', and about the same E.T. Very consistient. Third pass I launched at 16psi and it ran almost identical to what I normally run, with a 1.73 60'. E.T. was 7.97.

Comments:

1. It took about 3 psi at launch to get the same 60' time. This was with the non-agressive tune, so I suspect that the agressive one would 60' close to the same.

2. I have my trans setup to shift just below 3200 rpm. The non-comp, non agressive file I was using would start to de-fuel at least 200 rpm before the shift point. Had I setup the trans shift points to shift at 3000, then it would have picked up E.T.

3. Build and holding a consistient boost with the Adrenaline is easier. It does do a "flair" at about 7psi, but it happens low enough that it's not a problem stopping it before 15psi.

4. Launch was with less smoke. I normally get a pretty big puff out of the stack, especially when launching as low as 13psi.

5. With the agressive tune and setting the shift points to 3000. I think it's a fairly direct comparison to what I normally use.

6. I disconnected the Adrenaline and hooked up the drag comp for the drive home, because the surge at cruise is more then I can stand on a 5 hour drive.

Paul
Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 PM

hey paul...you notice any fueling issues like the some of us other guys are experiencing with bigger sticks? or was it smooth through out the entire rpm range?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by paulb
Ran the Adrenaline at the track last Sunday. I ran software ADR1007, on level PL07. Paul
Great report, Paul! Thanks for the input. Try PL08,,,was stronger for me.
Wish you could have gotten some 1/4 mile data also.
What is your race weight?

RJ
Old 03-06-2008, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I was just driving along at 30mph & hit the skinny pedal. I heard a big bang & shut it down. All the teeth were broken completely off of the countershaft.

Now I know what you think of me. Thanks
I had a weird one happen to me. Basically the fuse tap and the fuse on the #9 Engine Fuse spot came out on a WOT blast. Truck died and I thought it was a case of vapor lock as i ran the vp out of fuel on the COMP tune. After 4 hours of trying to bleed the VP of air I ended up replacing it. Looked over the old VP and it wouldn't even turn with a wrench on it. Looks like I seized the rotor up pretty good. Only thing I can think of is that it seized due to no Fuel when the Fuse came out. Kinda sucks as that VP was only 40k old but atleast I know this new VP is is good for a little bit. Word to the wise I'd make sure those fuses and fuse taps are in good and tight. I think I'm just gonna tap the wire on the back side of the fuse box and be done with it.

On another note. Anyone hear anything on the Commanders? I am pulling my mechanical gauges this weekend as I'm gonna run the new pump for a coupla weeks prior to voiding my warranty (aka tappin' that wire) so was hoping they have started to ship them atleast.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cspot, are you still running your HY 35 turbo? I think this third gen turbo swap was well worth the hassle. I'm into mine about 500 including the purchase of the turbo. If I sold my HX, I'd be in to the project about 250 bucks, not bad if you ask me.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cspotrun
I had a weird one happen to me. Basically the fuse tap and the fuse on the #9 Engine Fuse spot came out on a WOT blast. Truck died and I thought it was a case of vapor lock as i ran the vp out of fuel on the COMP tune. After 4 hours of trying to bleed the VP of air I ended up replacing it. Looked over the old VP and it wouldn't even turn with a wrench on it. Looks like I seized the rotor up pretty good. Only thing I can think of is that it seized due to no Fuel when the Fuse came out. Kinda sucks as that VP was only 40k old but atleast I know this new VP is is good for a little bit. Word to the wise I'd make sure those fuses and fuse taps are in good and tight. I think I'm just gonna tap the wire on the back side of the fuse box and be done with it.

On another note. Anyone hear anything on the Commanders? I am pulling my mechanical gauges this weekend as I'm gonna run the new pump for a coupla weeks prior to voiding my warranty (aka tappin' that wire) so was hoping they have started to ship them atleast.
i dont see how the fuse tap coming out would hurt the vp44 but if you are running the pump dry, like quad believes we are on comp tunes, i would say thats the reason for your siezed injection pump.

what PL were u on, which comp file, and did u notice any fueling issues (sputtering, stumbling, popping, missing) while going WOT??

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....