Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by -JD-
Was your fluid leveled off and what kind were you useing?
Howed your truck dyno? Good numbers?
Ditto, a graph available?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by clarson80
here's a question...(this may have been asked, but this thread is 68 pages long.)
if I bought the adrenaline, I would want to use the defuel feature if egt's started getting hot...but I want to keep my mech. pyrometer that I already have installed.
Is anyone doing this already, if so, how? Do you need 2 egt probes?
I just installed my Adrenaline pyro, then hooked my mechanical gauge wires onto the Adrenaline pyro with quick taps. Works great!!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really, I don't want to join the ABI (Adrenaline Busted It) club.
Thanks

JD
I would get a ez or maybe a powerpuck then, as I don't hear to many people breaking stuff with one of them.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:34 PM

HA HA Mountaineer.

No, I want the power, just trying to figure out if my amsoil in every case is gonna help, or if this new box is going to cause me to get a divorce.
I don't mind breaking stuff, it's buying the new parts that hurts.

JD
Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 PM

Amsoil fluids don't make metal stronger, at least not the last time I checked. It's not the horsepower, it's the torque, and this box makes more bottom end power than anything else you've seen. I like the number 5, so maybe I'll brake boost on my way to work in the morning
Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 PM

OK, so nobody seems to get what I am politly trying to ask. In simpler terms-

Is the carnage being experienced by the Adrenaline from:
A. Raw power
B. Idiots driving hard
C. Pooly maintained trucks
D. All of the above

JD
Old 03-04-2008, 09:58 PM

D one of the above or a combination of two or all three
Old 03-04-2008, 09:58 PM

I run a mag hytech cover full of fluid and i was running royal purple synthetic fluid. I didnt get any graph printouts but on the computer screen the horsepower kept climbing and once the torque hit its peak it fell like a rock! i was really surprised with the torque curve. when i ran with the smarty the torque didnt fall as fast
Old 03-04-2008, 10:06 PM

OK, so nobody seems to get what I am politly trying to ask. In simpler terms-

Is the carnage being experienced by the Adrenaline from:
A. Raw power
B. Idiots driving hard
C. Pooly maintained trucks
D. All of the above

JD
Apparently you haven't done much hot roddin, sometimes crap just breaks. If ur runnin more TQ or HP, you run the chance of stressing things past there breaking point, doesn't matter if you're maintained properly, not manintained at all, got Amsoil fluid or Billy Bobs "Guaranteed not to let parts break super fluid", if you run parts out of their spec'd rating, they're usually, probably, maybe kinda sorta always gonna break.

If ur gonna play, ur gonna pay.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by hink
Apparently you haven't done much hot roddin, sometimes crap just breaks. If ur runnin more TQ or HP, you run the chance of stressing things past there breaking point, doesn't matter if you're maintained properly, not manintained at all, got Amsoil fluid or Billy Bobs "Guaranteed not to let parts break super fluid", if you run parts out of their spec'd rating, they're usually, probably, maybe kinda sorta always gonna break.

Pretty much covers it right there.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by hink

And that is the truth. Well said
Old 03-04-2008, 10:16 PM

Ok so I may have figured out my little lingering minor surge... I never have the pod reading boost but for some reason I clicked it on for the last trip running around... Noticed it was pretty consistantly 4-5psi higher than my mechanical gauge.. Thought hmmm.. oh well no big...

Then noticed the reading while sitting still at idle... 5psi!! So I'm guessing that the box is seeing more boost when it is not there and trying to fuel some when it doesn't need to??? Guessing new MAP sensor time??? Maybe?? What's the going cost?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
Ok so I may have figured out my little lingering minor surge... I never have the pod reading boost but for some reason I clicked it on for the last trip running around... Noticed it was pretty consistantly 4-5psi higher than my mechanical gauge.. Thought hmmm.. oh well no big...

Then noticed the reading while sitting still at idle... 5psi!! So I'm guessing that the box is seeing more boost when it is not there and trying to fuel some when it doesn't need to??? Guessing new MAP sensor time??? Maybe?? What's the going cost?
I found out my MAP sensor was bad when I installed my Adrenaline. Justin sent me instructions on how to check it. I'll send you a copy of the e-mail if you want, just let me know.
I think mine was about $70 for the MAP and $11-12 for the adapter (for an 02).
Old 03-04-2008, 10:29 PM

http://hoeslidiesel.com/store/page5.html That's where I got mine, you can get an idea of prices there. They were the cheapest between Scheids and the dealer. I'll go ahead and PM ya the e-mail that Justin sent me.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:31 PM

Cool thanks, I'll probably get one on order... Dang truck!

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....