Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Got my new replacment box installed with ADR2016. It defuels perfectly at 1250-1270 but the EGT's don't flash, just the PL's. Is this right??? The PL's keep flashing, which is annoying, until you change PL levels, is that normal?? The warm up mode worked perfect but was flashing PL00 not PL0 and went to PL01 when it hit 170 degrees, high idle was perfect again at 2 minutes and ramped up to 1150rpm. Are all these findings normal? If so, this box is working perfect Quad. I'm guessing the Commander monitor will be a whole different world??
Very curious about this as well. Mine does the constant flashing after awhile on the aggressive tunes, defuels great, but doesn't flash on defueling just does it automatically.

Also found that surging you guys were talking about when I ran the aggressive tune. No issues with the prod. tune to date, though. I decided not to try the file Quad emailed me since it would be days + hundreds of miles away before I back to a computer. Just loaded it up and I'm gonna give the new file a whirl this week.

Hope Hink is the only one having issues with it
Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 PM

Hope Hink is the only one having issues with it
Not really havin any issues, everythning works just like it should (ie, the bug fix tune fixed the problem, but there seems to be a side effect of the tune). Just don't touch the PL buttons before it comes out of warm-up mode.

Has anyone else noticed it going to PL10?? Or am I the only one who monkey's with the PL buttons while it's in warm-up??
Old 03-02-2008, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by hink
Not really havin any issues, everythning works just like it should (ie, the bug fix tune fixed the problem, but there seems to be a side effect of the tune). Just don't touch the PL buttons before it comes out of warm-up mode.

Has anyone else noticed it going to PL10?? Or am I the only one who monkey's with the PL buttons while it's in warm-up??
Can't say for sure, but I'll know in about seven hours when I gotta go to work.

I'll make sure to push 'er buttons good!

edit: Whats the name of the file he has you running? Mine is ADR_CCS_WU140.exe
Old 03-03-2008, 08:17 AM

Hink,

I reproduced the same issue. Start the truck, flashes PL0 like it should. Hit one of the buttons to adjust the PL and sure enough once it came out of warm-up it went straight to PL10. Gonna leave it untouched on lunch and see where it goes. Pretty sure I left the truck on PL02.

Anyone know what the best level is for fuel economy when I’m cruising on the highway? Playing between PL01 and PL02 for about 150 miles on the thruway at ~72mph netted me 19.65 mpg, which is about a 3.5mpg gain compared to similar driving habits on the same thruway.

Can’t wait to see what kinda fuel economy I get during the summer!

p.s. TC is near shot now!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Anyone know what the best level is for fuel economy when I’m cruising on the highway?
I just tested a tankful on PL02, in hopes of returning to better mileage!
Drives a lot better but I was disappointed on mileage...no better than injectors only. Probably due to no timing till higher rpm's, which I believe was required to eliminate surging issues.
Is this still correct Quad?

RJ
Old 03-03-2008, 08:32 AM

PL02 is can bus fueling with some timing I thought? Either way I dont see how more fueling is going to help economy all that much...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:45 AM

Well, the economy increase was the aggr. tune which had surging still. Maybe thats why it worked so well...
Old 03-03-2008, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by bnold
.. I dont see how more fueling is going to help economy all that much...
Daily driving with my automatic, I gained .5 to .7 mpg with EZ (mild setting) and later Smarty on # 5 or #7.
But that was before Mach 6's which, while very streetable, may make a difference??
Also, have heard rumors that we may be getting winter, blended fuel around here now. Didn't use to.
Lots of variables... not enough data!

RJ
Old 03-03-2008, 04:24 PM

Probably due to no timing till higher rpm's, which I believe was required to eliminate surging issues.
I've been wunderin about that. It makes sense, explains why the power is off and on like a light switch. It seems like the aggressive tune that came with the latest bug fix tune feels smoother than the 2018 tune that I've been runnin. Might just be me though.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:16 PM

it finally happened, i lost adrenaline fueling when i was on setting 5, cycled down to 0 and back up to 10 and it was back... hasnt happened since.

i finally found something my drag comp would do that my adrenaline wont.. some jacka$$ was driving like an idiot in traffic and was tailgating me even though i had nowhere to go. well i tried to lug it and turn day into night for that guy and although i smoked him pretty good it was nothing like a drag comp smokin, this thing spools the turbo too quick and is too responsive! well 99 out of 100 times that is a good thing, oh well
Old 03-03-2008, 09:19 PM

quad, the ADR_PCM_COMP tune may be the solution to us guys running big sticks...i had it out a little bit on saturday and i took it to 3300rpm and it was still pulling pretty well, just ran out of room. i did not notice any significant stumbling like the previous comp tune, but when i hit 110ish in a 55 (LONG STRAIGHT ROAD IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE....) i had blinders on and was white knuckling the wheel, and ill admit, i wasnt paying much attention to anything but the road, except when i glanced down at 3300rpm. anyone else try this out? its been raining alot since then and havent had time to test it much else..
Old 03-03-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by lotero
it finally happened, i lost adrenaline fueling when i was on setting 5, cycled down to 0 and back up to 10 and it was back... hasnt happened since.

i finally found something my drag comp would do that my adrenaline wont.. some jacka$$ was driving like an idiot in traffic and was tailgating me even though i had nowhere to go. well i tried to lug it and turn day into night for that guy and although i smoked him pretty good it was nothing like a drag comp smokin, this thing spools the turbo too quick and is too responsive! well 99 out of 100 times that is a good thing, oh well
i agree...the drag comp smokes more, but the adrenaline spools the turbo a lot faster, which makes driving my 66/71/14 w/ a tight converter on the street MUCH MUCH better. in fact, with my big EDMs and tubes, i keep it on PL03 on the street and i have a small puff before the turbo spools
Old 03-03-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Coon Smile
quad, the ADR_PCM_COMP tune may be the solution to us guys running big sticks...i had it out a little bit on saturday and i took it to 3300rpm and it was still pulling pretty well, just ran out of room. i did not notice any significant stumbling like the previous comp tune, but when i hit 110ish in a 55 (LONG STRAIGHT ROAD IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE....) i had blinders on and was white knuckling the wheel, and ill admit, i wasnt paying much attention to anything but the road, except when i glanced down at 3300rpm. anyone else try this out? its been raining alot since then and havent had time to test it much else..
Which Comp file???
Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Which Comp file???
It's the new one for big injectors.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 PM

Quad, what is the strongest tune to dyno with my set-up. The GTG is this coming weekend and I would like to shoot for over 600hp???

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....