Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good news guys!!!!!! My friends truck is fixed!!!!! The update didn't help at all & the monitor was still flashing PL00. The problem was obviously in a connection somewhere. The black adapter plug that goes to the canbus had a bad connection & after unplugging/plugging the connector, the truck is now working as advertised. He said that the truck never shifted as good as it does now & is overwhelmed by the new found power.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
That is the answer I was looking for.

Ok, I know you don't care to use the control pod for monitoring but, at idle turn the control pod to show boost and tell me what it is reading.

Then do the same at say 2K rpms trying to hold it steady in neutral.

I might be able to solve your problemo quickly.

I stumbled onto this today by total accident!
Boost reading is anywhere between 4-7psi. (on all PL's)

This free rev test was done with ADR1003:

1. PL03- slight hiccup on the way to 2k RPM.

2. PL05 - Increased stumble while sweeping to 2k RPM. At 1600 RPM the
tach jumps to 2k RPM.

3. PL07-PL10 - bad stumble to 2k RPM. 1600 to 2000 RPM jump more
pronounced. Holding at 2k RPM is very rough because
of stumble.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:44 PM

My adrenaline arrived yesterday!!!

Does it come with the production tune loaded? Or do I need to download a tune from the internet first?
Old 03-02-2008, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by nike
My adrenaline arrived yesterday!!!

Does it come with the production tune loaded? Or do I need to download a tune from the internet first?
I would check it to see, mine came with an old timing tune but works perfect now with the new PL Fix tune...
Old 03-02-2008, 01:49 PM

do you reccomend a tune for my first download? in the process now

Other than plugging it in... How do I check to see it there is a tune loaded?
Old 03-02-2008, 01:53 PM

ADR2015 is a good one but it has no Turbo Timer...
Old 03-02-2008, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Got my new replacment box installed with ADR2016. It defuels perfectly at 1250-1270 but the EGT's don't flash, just the PL's. Is this right??? The PL's keep flashing, which is annoying, until you change PL levels, is that normal?? The warm up mode worked perfect but was flashing PL00 not PL0 and went to PL01 when it hit 170 degrees, high idle was perfect again at 2 minutes and ramped up to 1150rpm. Are all these findings normal? If so, this box is working perfect Quad. I'm guessing the Commander monitor will be a whole different world??
What is supose to flash when it's defueling and when does it stop flashing by itself???
Old 03-02-2008, 05:06 PM

Hey Quad, may be a silly idea but wonder if you could make a loapy idle for these trucks and the adrenaline?
Old 03-02-2008, 06:38 PM

Is phase 3 going to replace phase 2 or will it be in addition to phase 1 and 2?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:47 PM

Follow directions on web site for loading tunes!!
You can than read what tune you have and pick any one you want.... or try them all!

RJ
Old 03-02-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by jprice
Hey Quad, .....wonder if you could make a loapy idle for these trucks
Think we have been there and done that... during early Beta Testing! Let's not go backwards!!

RJ
Old 03-02-2008, 09:09 PM

Well I got the adrenaline hooked up right today had the wire that goes in to the cab in the wrong spot. Let me tell you this thing flat out pulls like no other but you all already knew that. Pulls smoother then my drag comp and my tst comp stacked with the smarty ever did. Also pulls to redline nice and smooth and feels like it will keep pulling.

But now for a little bit of bad. When free reving my truck on pl04 and higher my truck starts to stumble what sounds like popping, this is the production tune that came with my box. Has anyone had this happen with thier truck. I am going to try and download a tune off the website tommrow and see what this does.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by hink
Went out and drove the truck again. I didn't mess with the PL's this time when I started it and the monitor reverted back to the previous setting after the warm-up mode.
Still kinda odd though that it goes directly to PL10 after the warm-up mode if you set it to PL00 on start-up.
Drove the truck today, while driving, with the box in warm-up mode, I pushed the PL^ button before it came out of warm-up and when it did come out of warm-up mode, it went directly to PL10. Now granted, I could've just waited for it to change PL's on it's own, but I wanted to see if it would do like before when I was setting it to PL00 before starting the truck. SO, if you mess with the PL button any at all, before start up or after start up, while in warm-up mode, it will go directly to PL10 as soon as it comes out of warm-up mode. Just lettin ya know.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This box will pop and stutter a little when you free rev floor it because it does not wait for boost to start fueling like the Drag Comp or TST does. If you unplug the map sensor on the Drag Comp and free rev it, it will pop too.

*When you unplug the map sensor on the Drag Comp, it thinks truck has full boost so it will fuel without boost and pop a little.

To be completely fair, on my truck, when I had the Juice/Att, it would pop a little and gargle when I free reved it. I think it has something to do with my Jammer 5's but maybe not.

But who cares what it does when you free rev, It fuels silky smooth when the clutch is engaged and your in gear.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:38 PM

Yeah I was just woundering if anyone else truck would do this. I know last night when driving I got on it and it pulled silkly smooth. I know my friend who has a p-pumped 24valve could not believe how hard it would pull.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....