Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
Ok, to start with, cancel out anything having to do with the Comp Tuning. In other testing I have found it is WAY overfueled and pretty harsh with any injectors. So cancel that out.

What I thought might be happening is not the case but, it is interesting you have had TPS issues.

We watch TPS and load is calculated off of TPS so if it is off or something is wrong with it, then it does not suprise me that in the high levels we are not smooth even with the regular tuning.

That may or may not be all or part of the problem so when you get it working right for sure then see if the problem is the same. If it is the same issue then we can look at something else.
i was running ADR1006 and it was decent but i still have the same issues double J is describing...

i will definately look into the APPS issue im having and keep you posted
Old 02-29-2008, 11:55 PM

Do you have a soldering iron??
Old 02-29-2008, 11:56 PM

Send me your email address.

I know how to keep you busy for a little while!!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:41 AM

Taking a 600 mile trip today quad, gonna give that file a shot that you emailed me...

Shawn
Old 03-01-2008, 09:13 AM

Send me your email address.

I know how to keep you busy for a little while!!!!
hey qzilla, i dont think my PM's work on this site for some reason but my email address is:

kalkhokm@email.uc.edu
Old 03-01-2008, 01:05 PM

New bug fix tune seems to work fine, EXCEPT, it still goes straight to PL10 when it comes out of warm-up mode. Not that big of a deal I guess since you just have to turn it down, but you still have to remember that it's in PL10 as soon as it comes out of warm-up. Since my truck is stock, I don't run in PL10. I don't want to have to worry about blastin 40+psi and beatin on the tranny, so I have to remember to turn it down as soon as it comes out of warm-up.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:23 PM

So even if you leave it in PL04 it is coming back to PL10??

It should remember what the last PL was before you went into warm up???

Check that when you get a chance.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad, I tested the new tune on my 99 today & did 5 shutdowns. The box seems to be fixed, but my friend still hasn't got back to me about his issue with his 98.5 having more power on PL00 than any other level. His box would change PL, but the only difference that he saw was more smoke, It ran best on PL00. I met him at his house this morning & swapped boxes with him to see if this new tune that you sent would fix his issue. I plugged his box into my truck & it is working fine on my truck. You think he has a wiring issue or a monitor issue? I'll let you know when he contacts me.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:58 PM

Out of habit, from running the older high idle tunes, I always set the PL to 00 before I start the truck (when waiting for the Waith to Start light to go out) so the high idle engages. I think that may be part of the reason that I have not had the "lost power" problem with my box as much as others, reason being, that I cycle it to PL00 before I start the truck every time (just thinkin out loud, so to speak).
I will go out after bit and start the truck and drive it without tinkering with the PL's before I start it and see what it does and report back later.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:41 PM

OK the following people have recieved and update via email from me:

Nblack
Swnkdinthervr
dodgediesel
hink
haulin mutt

There may be more people that want to test it and if so let me know and I will get it to you.

We know we have the warm up bug solved. That is a guaranteed fix.

The fueling on/off thing we believed is fixed. We did get our truck to do it but, it was not easy to do and hard to replicate consistantly. Once we got doen we tested and tested and tested and tested and never got it to do this again so we have good reason to believe it is fixed.

What I need are some people having the issue where the fueling goes away and you have to go to PL00 and then back up to fix it. I just want to know if that is fixed for good now.
I know its been a while, but i have been pretty busy myself lately and havn't had time to keep up with the thread.( although probably not as busy as quad ) I also need the tune that fixes the intermitant fueling issue and would love to get in on phase two if there is still availability. Quad's box rocks
Old 03-01-2008, 03:50 PM

OK I just got my adrenaline installed on my truck and I was wounderin did you all hook the ring connector to the battery and if so does your display stay lit up when the truck if off.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:04 PM

Ring terminal on the red wire goes to the battey.

Red wire with a fuse tap goes to Fuse#9 in the cab.

If you get the Fuse #9 wrong then the pod will stay lit up.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 66fordcrewcab
OK I just got my adrenaline installed on my truck and I was wounderin did you all hook the ring connector to the battery and if so does your display stay lit up when the truck if off.
Yep, hook it to the battery. The control pod gets its power from the #9 fuse & will turn off when you shut the truck off.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:03 PM

Went out and drove the truck again. I didn't mess with the PL's this time when I started it and the monitor reverted back to the previous setting after the warm-up mode.
Still kinda odd though that it goes directly to PL10 after the warm-up mode if you set it to PL00 on start-up.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:00 PM

Got my new replacment box installed with ADR2016. It defuels perfectly at 1250-1270 but the EGT's don't flash, just the PL's. Is this right??? The PL's keep flashing, which is annoying, until you change PL levels, is that normal?? The warm up mode worked perfect but was flashing PL00 not PL0 and went to PL01 when it hit 170 degrees, high idle was perfect again at 2 minutes and ramped up to 1150rpm. Are all these findings normal? If so, this box is working perfect Quad. I'm guessing the Commander monitor will be a whole different world??

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....