Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hink
Just went out and tried the tune. When I started the truck, it read PL 0 instead of PL00 like it usually does, it did flash in warm-up mode though. .
Same here Hink, PL0 was flashing.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a side note, this tune felt nuthin like the aggresive tune that I've been runnin (2018), this tune felt like it had a bunch more timing then the 2018 tune, the truck was doin alot of buckin and surgin and didn't feel like it had much fueling goin on. You said it was the "regular aggressive" tune, so I don't know if that would be the same tuning as the 2018 or not. I know the tune was not an issue to be tested with this fix, but it was just an observation.
Tried it out and the warm up mode worked good. No power switching from any PL's. Tried switching multiple times and finally the power came on. The crazy thing is that I have the Comp 4K power now with the PL Fix tune????? Pulled the Adrenaline out to make sure I loaded the PL Fix tune and I did so why do I have the previous Comp 4K Tune power with the PL Fix Tune loaded???
Old 02-28-2008, 08:01 PM

Anyone have issues with their turbo timer? I have the ADR2018 tune installed, but when I shut it off my abs and airbag light come on when the truck stays running.

Another issue is aboutafter 45 minutes of driving everything above PL02 made no diff. in power.

Gonna try some different tunes right now and see what happens, this was the only tune it did it to me on so far, but I also drove the longest on this one.

Shawn
Old 02-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
when I shut it off my abs and airbag light come on when the truck stays running.
Mine does the same thing, but I've never paid it any attention. I dont think it hurts anything.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Turbinator
Mine does the same thing, but I've never paid it any attention. I dont think it hurts anything.
mine also does that...but it shuts down like its supposed to
Old 02-28-2008, 08:10 PM

Yea, everything seems to work fine other than the lights coming on and the weird fueling issue. Waiting for the woman to get off the **** phone though so we can take a spin, she's more excited to see how the box runs than I was earlier when I first put it in...
Old 02-28-2008, 08:12 PM

Anyone have issues with their turbo timer? I have the ADR2018 tune installed, but when I shut it off my abs and airbag light come on when the truck stays running.
I asked Quad about that awhile back, yes it's supposed to do that, and no, it doesn't hurt anything.
Another issue is aboutafter 45 minutes of driving everything above PL02 made no diff. in power.
Quad is workin on that as we speak. A few of us beta testers are tryin out a tune for that fix.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:29 PM

Ah ok. So when have you found that fueling works again? PL00-PL02 are fine, anything above that doesn't work. Another thing I noticed is that if you tab to the "PL screen" rather than leaving it on one of the sensor readings everything will look AOK at first. After I give it roughly 40% throttle or more, the PL screen starts flashing if it's on a wire-tap fueling level.

Same thing you're talking about Hink?

Must say though, I love this freaking thing! The gf freaked out when the truck stayed running after we hopped out a little while ago. I'm just happy I have my gauges now, I can wait for the rest!

Oh, whats everyone get for trans temps? I can't seem to get mine much higher than 130 or so.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:34 PM

Ah ok. So when have you found that fueling works again? PL00-PL02 are fine, anything above that doesn't work. Another thing I noticed is that if you tab to the "PL screen" rather than leaving it on one of the sensor readings everything will look AOK at first. After I give it roughly 40% throttle or more, the PL screen starts flashing if it's on a wire-tap fueling level.
Yes, it keeps flashing even after warm-up mode. Quad is workin on a fix.

Just left for work and turned around and came back right quick to add this...after the module comes out of warm-up mode, it stops flashin, and it instantly goes to PL10, BUT, there is no power and you have to go down to PL00 and then back up to get it to work.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:47 PM

Yes, it keeps flashing even after warm-up mode. Quad is workin on a fix.

Just left for work and turned around and came back right quick to add this...after the module comes out of warm-up mode, it stops flashin, and it instantly goes to PL10, BUT, there is no power and you have to go down to PL00 and then back up to get it to work.
Yea, the only difference though is that no matter how many times I cycle to PL00 and back up full fueling hasn't come back on.

Do I get to add my name to the list of people that need to try the new tune?

Thanks a bunch Hink

Shawn
Old 02-28-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by xtoyz17

Same thing you're talking about Hink?

Must say though, I love this freaking thing! The gf freaked out when the truck stayed running after we hopped out a little while ago. I'm just happy I have my gauges now, I can wait for the rest!

Oh, whats everyone get for trans temps? I can't seem to get mine much higher than 130 or so.
mine doesnt leave the 100 deg mark when cruising or even hammering on it...but if i let it idle in park, it will climb up a little to 120ish. it is the winter though (teens - 20's)
Old 02-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad, Today my friend was driving his truck around with the box on PL00 {ADR2000], He said that it run better than any PL. I also noticed yesterday when driving home from work that PL05 seemed to run the best. Today it was PL10. Just letting you know.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:17 AM

Just FYI the PL 0 is what it is supposed to read during warmup. We had to define the warmup mode versus an actual PL00 better. It is just that so many things are looking at stuff we can confuse ourselves! High Idle, Bus Fueling, Timing, Pump Fueling, de-fueling etc all look at PL so we had to make some little changes.

On the Commander it does not matter as we have a flashing Warm Up mode icon!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:09 AM

Quad,

Mine never reads PL0, only PL00 flashes. Warmup or not. Does that mean I have the older hardware, a software thing, etc...? Tried a different tune this morning to play around again, and anything above PL02 flashes after about 30 seconds/ a good hard acceleration.

I just wanna be a 100% certain this isn't an unexpected issue after the issues yesterday

Next one on my list is going to be giving ADR1000 a whirl with everything disabled. I'll post back on that one after lunch.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:44 AM

I took the Fix tune for a drive last night down the highway. Everything seemed to work as advertised except when I got off the highway, my truck idled like it was running on three cylinders. I was worried that I blew something up. When I accelerated it was definitly missing. When I pulled into a parking lot, I turned the truck off and then back on and everything was fine. It has worked fine since. I seem to have the fueling. When I keep a steady acceleration going and press up on the PL, I feel a difference between them. One thing that I did notice is that the go pedal seemed to be touchy. More so than normal. That is all I have so far. Just to let you know, xtoyz17, it was 2018 and 1018 that I was having the warm up problem with earlier.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....