Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah...that felt good. I swear its the simple things in life that bring a smile to my face...
Old 02-28-2008, 09:43 AM

I guess the rest of us will get them next week.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xtoyz17
So would you guys hate me if I said I have my new box, AND phase two sitting at my house waiting to be installed during lunch? Ooooooh take that.
Happy for you! Glad you got in on the Beta testing afterall! You deserve the special treatment.
I'm just mad I missed Justins call on Tuesday. Maybe that's mine you got? You @^#*+

He said others should ship w/i a week!

RJ
Old 02-28-2008, 11:11 AM

Damnit! I guess I spoke to soon

Rowland, you can't blame me I guess my commander isn't coming til next week. Ah, oh well. Got my pillar though!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:02 PM

I got the call as well, Justin said RJ and I were next to be built.. Said they were probably building them yesterday... Dunno, CC hasn't been charged yet...
Old 02-28-2008, 12:16 PM

I took the new Comp beta tune on PL05 to 3.5K RPM before running out of room. It seemed to still be pulling too. I just can't find a good place to let it go.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
OK the following people have recieved and update via email from me:

Nblack
Swnkdinthervr
dodgediesel
hink
haulin mutt

There may be more people that want to test it and if so let me know and I will get it to you.

We know we have the warm up bug solved. That is a guaranteed fix.

The fueling on/off thing we believed is fixed. We did get our truck to do it but, it was not easy to do and hard to replicate consistantly. Once we got doen we tested and tested and tested and tested and never got it to do this again so we have good reason to believe it is fixed.

What I need are some people having the issue where the fueling goes away and you have to go to PL00 and then back up to fix it. I just want to know if that is fixed for good now.
Loaded the tune that you emailed to me this morning Quad...no apparent issues with the warm-up function, (the was no high idle or TT with this file?) unfortunately the power is that of a non-wiretap box, same power at PL02-03 as at PL10...but I didn't lose that power
Old 02-28-2008, 01:34 PM

So even after it warmed up you felt like PL02-PL10 were the same?

In the email I sent you it should have stated what was turned on or off. For this test it simply has warm up enabled and nothing else. I did not want anything else getting confused with these 2 issues.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Banned

In the email I sent you it should have stated what was turned on or off. For this test it simply has warm up enabled and nothing else. I did not want anything else getting confused with these 2 issues.
Quad, Very weird issue with this tune you sent me this morning. I was on my way home from work & turned the box up to play around with my brother. I kicked it down & no fueling, went to PL00 & back up, still not there. I kept trying to adjust it & fueling finally came back again. I figured that it may be my wire tap [stealth cover], nope connections are good to go. I'll check it out some more, but something isn't right here.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:23 PM

No, we found the issue, it is something we messed up on the 98-00 trucks. You have the same issue as swmnkdinthervr.

We are testing some stuff out on an older truck right now so hopefully I will resend it out here shortly.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:41 PM

Yeah...went back to read the email...it was early when I loaded it and I hadn't had coffee yet Glad to hear you are still hammering on it!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 05:54 PM

when trying to do the windows found new hardware set-up wizard, i keep getting this message:

"the file 'usbser.sys' on windows file cabinet is needed"

"type the path where the file is located, then click OK"

this doesnt show up on the new instructions for updating...
Old 02-28-2008, 06:10 PM

hey i was wondering if anyone here has a trik vp44(monster vp44) with this chip of if ill be one of the only ones... cant wait till i get her moving again
Old 02-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

No, we found the issue, it is something we messed up on the 98-00 trucks. You have the same issue as swmnkdinthervr.

We are testing some stuff out on an older truck right now so hopefully I will resend it out here shortly.
OK, Thanks Quad.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:53 PM

Just went out and tried the tune. When I started the truck, it read PL 0 instead of PL00 like it usually does, it did flash in warm-up mode though. Let the truck warm up about 5 min. and headed out. PL dispaly quit flashing after warm-up so I adjusted the PL's, nothin. I repeated this twice and then had power in all levels and it worked fine after that.
Personally, I have only had the no-power issue about 3 times since the testing began with the last time being the worst, I had to cycle through the power settings 3 times to get it to work the last time it did it.

On a side note, this tune felt nuthin like the aggresive tune that I've been runnin (2018), this tune felt like it had a bunch more timing then the 2018 tune, the truck was doin alot of buckin and surgin and didn't feel like it had much fueling goin on. You said it was the "regular aggressive" tune, so I don't know if that would be the same tuning as the 2018 or not. I know the tune was not an issue to be tested with this fix, but it was just an observation.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....