Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So...my brain got spinning a little today, and I have a question. Obviously with the hardware set-up the way it currently is this isn't possible, but what about monitoring drive pressure ratio? A boost sensor for the manifold, another input, and a little bit of math on the boxes part and we've got ourselves a nifty little gauge.

Any feasibility to that someday Quad? I'd like my cake now
Old 02-27-2008, 04:21 PM

Do you guys think that you have gotten most of the bugs worked out of this new box yet?
I've been driving my modded truck around for 2 months with just stock tuning and it's getting pretty old.
Been waiting for this Adrenaline to get released and fine tuned.
Sucks trying to spool a 64 without any fuel, even with the Mach 4's.
Thanks for the input..
JD
Old 02-27-2008, 07:16 PM

Torque Management Defueling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'MikeD' had asked me if there were any problems with Tq Mgmt defueling (automatics only) on the Adrenaline.
I had played with it some... 2x4, 10 psi, but got to thinking "Why haven't I tested it fully"?
Also, some members have hypothesized that the Smarty ECM reflash may not solve the defueling problem completely.

I tested it today after making a delivery WAY out in the middle of nowhere!

I did three track type launches! PL08, 4x4, everything turned on and up.....
My first attempt scared me a bit. I was aiming for 20 psi boost but it came up so fast I was at 35 psi by the time I released the brakes.
Definitely faster than what I was use to with previous setup.

I paid closer attention to boost gauge after that and the next two launches were beautiful!
I now believe I could easily build 20 psi between "staging" and the green light (at least on the older, slow light trees).

Best of all...NO problem with defueling...at all!

RJ
?????????? I was playin with mine last week, seemed to me like the TQ managment was still alive and well in my truck.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:01 PM

OK the following people have recieved and update via email from me:

Nblack
Swnkdinthervr
dodgediesel
hink
haulin mutt

There may be more people that want to test it and if so let me know and I will get it to you.

We know we have the warm up bug solved. That is a guaranteed fix.

The fueling on/off thing we believed is fixed. We did get our truck to do it but, it was not easy to do and hard to replicate consistantly. Once we got doen we tested and tested and tested and tested and never got it to do this again so we have good reason to believe it is fixed.

What I need are some people having the issue where the fueling goes away and you have to go to PL00 and then back up to fix it. I just want to know if that is fixed for good now.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RowJ
'MikeD' had asked me if there were any problems with Tq Mgmt defueling (automatics only) on the Adrenaline.
I had played with it some... 2x4, 10 psi, but got to thinking "Why haven't I tested it fully"?
Also, some members have hypothesized that the Smarty ECM reflash may not solve the defueling problem completely.

I tested it today after making a delivery WAY out in the middle of nowhere!

I did three track type launches! PL08, 4x4, everything turned on and up.....
My first attempt scared me a bit. I was aiming for 20 psi boost but it came up so fast I was at 35 psi by the time I released the brakes.
Definitely faster than what I was use to with previous setup.

I paid closer attention to boost gauge after that and the next two launches were beautiful!
I now believe I could easily build 20 psi between "staging" and the green light (at least on the older, slow light trees).

Best of all...NO problem with defueling...at all!

RJ
Alright Rowland! Sound like you finally have that staging problem fixed. 35psi launch! Three words.. Big Brass Ones, Rowland.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla

Nblack
Swnkdinthervr
dodgediesel
hink
haulin mutt

There may be more people that want to test it and if so let me know and I will get it to you.

The fueling on/off thing we believed is fixed. We did get our truck to do it but, it was not easy to do and hard to replicate consistantly. Once we got doen we tested and tested and tested and tested and never got it to do this again so we have good reason to believe it is fixed.

What I need are some people having the issue where the fueling goes away and you have to go to PL00 and then back up to fix it. I just want to know if that is fixed for good now.
Will test it out tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:28 PM

Nblack
Swnkdinthervr
dodgediesel
hink
haulin mutt

Got it. Will try it out 2morrow. Thanks
Old 02-28-2008, 12:28 AM

Nblack
Swnkdinthervr
dodgediesel
hink
haulin mutt

could i get this email please.. its been an issue for me in our lovely weather.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:24 AM

Nblack
Swnkdinthervr
dodgediesel
hink
haulin mutt

Thanks Quad...I'll be loading it this AM and I'll let you know ASAP!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by hink
?????????? I was playin with mine last week, seemed to me like the TQ managment was still alive and well in my truck.
Ever had or tested the Smarty?

Originally Posted by MikeD
Alright RJ! Sound like you finally have that staging problem fixed.
Appears that way! Glad I stayed with the Mach 6's. Can't wait to get to track.

RJ
Old 02-28-2008, 07:23 AM
Banned

Nblack
Swnkdinthervr
dodgediesel
hink
haulin mutt

Loading it up now quad, thanks. I'll try to get my other truck out here soon to test the warm up mode.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:30 AM

So would you guys hate me if I said I have my new box, AND phase two sitting at my house waiting to be installed during lunch?

Ooooooh take that.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:33 AM
JIT

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
So would you guys hate me if I said I have my new box, AND phase two sitting at my house waiting to be installed during lunch?

Ooooooh take that.
Mines in the mail!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 AM

Ooooooh take that.
Jerk!

On edit: JERKS!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:39 AM

Ooooooh take that.
Why you little.....

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....