Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xtoyz17
I agree and know what you mean, but with whats happened and what I've seen this box has been more of a beta than some of you have even had to go through I guess my biggest issue itself isn't the box but the lies + unfulfilled promises.

I'll be editing my post right now. Oh, and Justin actually had me open the box again to verify what was wrong and mentioned that there were no warranty issues with opening it at all.
Sorry to hear about the box messing up on ya. Sometimes ya get a bad one and that's the way it goes!! Had a 1998 Dodge Ram and the whole truck was a $35,000 bad apple, thank god for warranty..
Old 02-26-2008, 06:06 PM

I can't wait to get the call! This new monitor sounds impressive.
Joe
Old 02-26-2008, 06:17 PM

Edited so I don't look like such a p****
Actually I am really glad you posted it. If I don't know, I can't fix it or keep it from happening. 8 or 9 years ago I talked to as many people personally as I could, now I can't.

As far as I'm concerned I need to be sent a new box.
There is no doubt in my mind that is what you need.

but I'm a little PO'd. For 700 bucks I definitely don't think I got the customer service I should have.
I cannot agree with you more.

At this point I'm not even sure I'll be keeping this module anymore.
I bet when you get your working module you will have a better taste in your mouth.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Actually I am really glad you posted it. If I don't know, I can't fix it or keep it from happening. 8 or 9 years ago I talked to as many people personally as I could, now I can't.

There is no doubt in my mind that is what you need.

I cannot agree with you more.

I bet when you get your working module you will have a better taste in your mouth.
Quad,

Can I hug you? That voicemail just made me smile.

At the same time, it already made me completely regret any and everything I had posted. I'm very sorry for that.

For those of you who are wondering what I'm talking about, you can PM me, but long story short they did more than make good by me once Misty calls me back.

Shawn
Old 02-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad,

At the same time, it already made me completely regret any and everything I had posted. I'm very sorry for that.

For those of you who are wondering what I'm talking about, you can PM me, but long story short they did more than make good by me once Misty calls me back.

Shawn
Good man quad!!!! That is what makes a customer come back & send his friends. Alot of these companies have forgot about that & moved on to 3rd gens.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:39 PM

Yes, it should work on Vista. Also, there is a thread going for the comp files. I believe one is up on the site already, and some new ones will be coming out.
thanks, I know about the comp file but was wondering if all the TT and high idle functions were available with Vista. Thanks for the help!

I have the current Commander and really like it. With all the extra features I can't wait for the new version.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Chapter President

Quad,

Shawn
Now that makes all of us smile. I'm glad it is working out for you. Keep us posted and once you get this thing rockin, you will forget all about this little setback. I guarantee it.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:41 PM

Vista doesn't work for me, what about you guys???
Old 02-26-2008, 09:52 PM

I think right now, the only Vista compatible tunes are the non-aggresive tunes. So if ur trying to download an aggresive tune I don't think it will work with Vista since they haven't been updated yet (check out the date on the tunes) . Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:56 PM

Well, after just looking over the new Installation Instructions on the Quad website, it says they are not compatible with Vista. IDK, I thought I remebered reading that the updated production tunes were Vista compatible.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by hink
I think right now, the only Vista compatible tunes are the non-aggresive tunes. So if ur trying to download an aggresive tune I don't think it will work with Vista since they haven't been updated yet (check out the date on the tunes) . Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Tried the new standard tunes and still a no go with Vista..
Old 02-26-2008, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to get it anyway. I just wont be able to change tunes on the side of the road like I could with my laptop.

I'm sure Vista will be soon though.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
If you are downloading ANY of the 1000 series tunes and it has an issue it will create a file called QZError.log on your desktop.

Email me or one of the tech guys that file so we can see what is hanging up. The 1000 series tunes ARE VISTA COMPATIBLE, at least for a bunch or most of the Vista machines. I know for a fact there are guys on here that have used the Vista updates and they work.

Once we get a full, 110% handle on the Vista updates (we know there is a possibility it will not work on all of them yet, hence the error log) we will do the rest of the updates. It is sort of hard to do 500 updates and then redo 500 updates when you know that will be a necessity in the near future!
Old 02-27-2008, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Torque Management Defueling

'MikeD' had asked me if there were any problems with Tq Mgmt defueling (automatics only) on the Adrenaline.
I had played with it some... 2x4, 10 psi, but got to thinking "Why haven't I tested it fully"?
Also, some members have hypothesized that the Smarty ECM reflash may not solve the defueling problem completely.

I tested it today after making a delivery WAY out in the middle of nowhere!

I did three track type launches! ADR2000 tune, PL08, 4x4, everything turned on and up.....
My first attempt scared me a bit. I was aiming for 20 psi boost but it came up so fast I was at 35 psi by the time I released the brakes.
Definitely faster than what I was use to with previous setup.

I paid closer attention to boost gauge after that and the next two launches were beautiful!
I now believe I could easily build 20 psi between "staging" and the green light (at least on the older, slow light trees).

Best of all...NO problem with defueling...at all!

RJ
Old 02-27-2008, 03:01 PM

RJ,

Don't you know that is impossible? It can't be done......shame on your for spreading rumors!!!

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....