Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bnold
Sure you don't instinctively have the foot on the brake when shutting down??
Tried to do just that thinking there might be some kind of input issue...the TT would not work until I shut the truck off this afternoon no matter what I did, kinda surprised me when it took off...the brake/accelerator wouldn't shut it down or affect it all before either...

I'm going to check my brake switch tomorrow...but the fact that neither have an effect tells me something else is going on...
Old 11-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Chapter President

Has anyone else had the Recon unit give another level of numbers? I was driving today and had the unit cranked up on PL10 which we all know reads PL1_ . I went back down through the numbers and it went from PL1_ to PL19 then down to PL10 for PL01. went up and down a couple of times and it was the same. Shut truck off and restarted and the PL's read like normal again. First time I have had any weird stuff happen with this. I will say however, this latest tune with the 20 sec. TT is the real thing. Cant wait for the Comp tunes.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:35 PM

Yes I had the same thing happen to me. I scrolled to the other gauge displays and then went back to the power level display. By then it was back to normal.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:50 PM

I still notice a slitght surge on levels 5 and higer on the v300 program. De -fueling is good. Anything on torque managment for the 02 because mine I can't get over 12-13 psi trying to launch it.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:51 PM

same thing happend to me a week or so ago its been fine sence so I didnt think any thing of it
Old 11-28-2007, 04:19 AM

I've never had the Recon gauges go haywire like that...in fact PL10 reads just like that...when I back it down it takes a second or so for the "1" to go away: PL19, PL18, PL17...etc but when I'm done it reverts to the appropriate single digit...
Old 11-28-2007, 07:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wurkenman
First time I have had any weird stuff happen with this.
On startup this am, my Adrenaline threw a Check Engine Light.
Ran fine but could not adjust PL#. Controller was stuck on #2, where it was when I shut it down last night. Shut the CTD off to investigate and the light on the in-cab controller stayed on?? Checked for codes, got three ......
P1689
P1285
P0743
All connections looked good so I just disconnected the Adrenaline - CEL went out and truck ran fine.
These codes are related to communication between ECM and Injector Pump Control Module.
Cleared them after disconnecting Adrenaline and they did not return??

Will reconnect Quad box when I have time and see how it works!

RJ
Old 11-28-2007, 09:30 AM

Ever since I put in the Adrenaline, I get a P0500 code. This might have something to do with the turbo timer activating the ABS and Airbag light??? Anyone else getting this code? I'm going to replace the VSS to see if this is the culprit but my speedo works fine so I don't know?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Ran fine but could not adjust PL#. Controller was stuck on #2, where it was when I shut it down last night. Shut the CTD off to investigate and the light on the in-cab controller stayed on??
RJ
Sorry if being an alarmist? Maybe was a poor connection. They all looked/acted secure and well connected but....?
Just redid all connections....cleaning everything and using dielectric grease everywhere. Adrenaline appears back in business.
Have to wait and see if problem reoccures? For now I'll blame it on my original installation... but I'm not convinced??

Question came out of this I'm not clear about. How little has to be disconnected to remove Adrenaline from affecting the system? MAP?.... Data Port?.... or just the two positive wires? I unhooked all the above (5:30 am this morning and not thinking clearly) but still can't reason it through.

RJ
Old 11-28-2007, 06:41 PM

i have no codes. turbo timer works fine. its just the surging and the power managment i have problems with. i dunno if its my injector size (which i don't think it should be) but any level at highway speed and i get surging.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing
i have no codes. turbo timer works fine. its just the surging and the power managment i have problems with. i dunno if its my injector size (which i don't think it should be) but any level at highway speed and i get surging.
I have changed injectors and upgraded my turbo since I took possession of the Adrenaline. I had surging at all times until I got the latest BETA tune. I kept thinking it was something on my truck, so I kept changing and checking stuff, but just ended up being the programming issue. I still think motors are like fingerprints, they can all have the same components and look the same, but they are all individual to themselves.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
I've never had the Recon gauges go haywire like that...in fact PL10 reads just like that...when I back it down it takes a second or so for the "1" to go away: PL19, PL18, PL17...etc but when I'm done it reverts to the appropriate single digit...
Well...another "interesting" day at about 450 miles...

Still no issues with surging...

Checked the brake switch, the adjustment was perfect and it was operating correctly so explain this one...

TT worked about 50% of the time today and no combination of in gear/out of gear...on the brake/accelerator or off...standing on my head with my finger in my ear nothing affected it.

The Recon made a liar out of me...the last shutdown of the day the TT kept the engine running and I couldn't shut it down nor could I change the power level...I had to unplug the box to shut the engine down, it restarted right away and the box was adjustable but the TT didn't come on when I shut it down again...
Old 11-28-2007, 09:47 PM

Mogacam, the defueling was not supose to be on the Beta V300??? Anyone else have the defueling on the newest program? I'm still getting a surge around 1700-1900rpm with my 6 speed. The power doesn't come on smooth like my Edge Comp Drag did. Seems like the power is subtle then bang, power now! Still nobody have a rough idle at 1200 rpm or so on PL01-PL10 with my maunual high idle, anybody else have this strange problem yet??? Even if I hold it at 1200 or so rpm with my foot, I still have a rough idle....
Old 11-29-2007, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Ran fine but could not adjust PL#. Controller was stuck on #2, where it was when I shut it down last night. Shut the CTD off to investigate and the light on the in-cab controller stayed on?? Checked for codes, got three ......
P1689
P1285
P0743
Did it again this am! Exactly same scenario??

RJ
Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 AM

I cannot get the ABS and Brake light to come off. I replaced the VSS on the rear diff yesterday and cleared the codes with my Smarty and it's still there. I've cycled the key about 30 times now and it's still there. I'm guessing it has something to do with the turbo timer and the ABS/brake light??? Going to go back to a program without a turbo timer to see if this clears up the problem.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....