Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by csrosenberry
Hey guys got my adrenaline today and was wondering what are the settings/features that come installed in the box. Not sure if thats been posted cause I know all of or most of you are running one of the downloaded tunes thanks for any help. Also does anyone know what hp I can expect on an HO got no replys last time I asked.
Quad claims 180hp with proper airflow, fuel system & clutch. Not sure which tune he sent out with the box, but it would be one of the production tunes on the website.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J Lent
Quad claims 180hp with proper airflow, fuel system & clutch. Not sure which tune he sent out with the box, but it would be one of the production tunes on the website.
I think that would likely be a SO truck under ideal conditions. But yes, that is what Quad is claiming.

To try and help answer the original question. HO's generally make a little less on fueling boxes and every truck is different. It's going to take a few more folks getting a chance to climb on the rollers to give a better answer. Most other competitors boxes claim in the 120-130 hp range. I'd think a HO would be closer to those #'s. BTW, you never get what mfgr's claims on the dyno's. Driveline generally takes about 20% or claimed crank hp out at the wheels.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Chapter President

How many mfgr's like quad test their products and establish their advertised hp ratings off an engine dyno? I think in the instance of quad's box he would have to be claiming rwhp not hp at the crank. Just an assumption on my part, but we all know what happens when you assume something...
Old 02-20-2008, 08:49 AM

Will find out for sure this friday night at Dyno before Sled Pull on Saturday... in Alvarado, Tx.!

Hopefully can talk them into more than 3 pulls...want to do one with Adrenaline on PL00 for comparison.
But biggest interest is to see if PL08 is stronger that PL10. (was last time on v300 tune).
Might even dyno Comp tune???
FYI - Last time Adrenaline was 25 hp stronger than Smarty/TST Comp set up, on same dyno with identical correction factors.

RJ
Old 02-20-2008, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
FYI - Last time Adrenaline was 25 hp stronger than Smarty/TST Comp set up, on same dyno with identical correction factors.

RJ
Wow, that's pretty solid!
Old 02-20-2008, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mike D
How many mfgr's like quad test their products and establish their advertised hp ratings off an engine dyno? I think in the instance of quad's box he would have to be claiming rwhp not hp at the crank. Just an assumption on my part, but we all know what happens when you assume something...
With only Jammer II nozzles and the Adrenaline I put down 411 HP and something like 987 TQ on the rollers...I'm way short of air!!! (SO truck)
Old 02-21-2008, 08:43 PM

well got an answer from the man himself he said he has seen any where from 110-140 with a stocl truck. And thanks for the replys. I can't get my computer to recognize that the box is hooked to the usb port. It just can't find it. I have the file saved to my computer and have the dotnex or whatever installed it just can't find the box. I plug it in and instead of the normal single chime like hooking anything else up it dun dun duns. I know sounds silly but don't know how else to describe it any help would be great. By the way I am no hot shot with a computer. THANKS
Old 02-21-2008, 08:51 PM

Hey guys....

I have been following these Quad A. threads for a while and I havent heard much from guys with bigger turbos. I have a 64 HTT along with Mach 4's and was just wandering if one of the beta testers has something simular under the hood. I know I've probibly missed it somewhere, but just wanted to check and see if these where the trucks with the surging issues and if Quad got everything worked out. Really looking forward to getting my new box and stepping on the dyno.

JD
Old 02-21-2008, 10:57 PM

Quad how about a tap like this? I found these at work, in the electrical shop. Or is it going to be direct to the battery for + and - for sure? Its fairly stout steel not flimsy tin.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by 1-5-3-6-2-4
Quad how about a tap like this? I found these at work, in the electrical shop. Or is it going to be direct to the battery for + and - for sure? Its fairly stout steel not flimsy tin.

Can that be put in WITH a fuse though, or in place of it?
Old 02-22-2008, 11:08 AM

Ok, for anyone that is having difficulty updating their module do this.

1.)Download any of the ADR1000 series of tunes.
2.)When you run it and it has a problem it will creat a file call QZError.log on your desktop. Take that file and email it to me or to one of the tech guys.
3.)Add in your email what computer you are using.

We will be able to take this file and figure out what is going on with your computer.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:06 PM

Something interesting I've noticed is that currently the box is off the truck since I was looking to trade in(going back on this weekend) and every once and a while if its cold out it will ramp up to high idle and a few times its even done the 3 cylinder high idle. Both while not having the box installed. Is that normal? I mean is it now "unlocked" b/c I had previously installed the Adrenaline and the feature is useable wether the box is installed or not now?
Old 02-22-2008, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by 1BAD4X4
Something interesting I've noticed is that currently the box is off the truck since I was looking to trade in(going back on this weekend) and every once and a while if its cold out it will ramp up to high idle and a few times its even done the 3 cylinder high idle. Both while not having the box installed. Is that normal? I mean is it now "unlocked" b/c I had previously installed the Adrenaline and the feature is useable wether the box is installed or not now?
Sounds like the previous owner had it enable in the ECM before you took ownership of it. If you're the original owner, it's an act of the cummins gods.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:20 PM

I thought about that but it never did that until after I installed the Adrenaline. Maybe it wasn't cold enough??
Old 02-22-2008, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 1BAD4X4
I thought about that but it never did that until after I installed the Adrenaline. Maybe it wasn't cold enough??
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...33&postcount=4

That should give you a pretty good idea if it would've done it in the past or not.

Shawn

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....