Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I just opened the adrenaline and the white block thats looks to be ceramic and I *think* controls the fueling broke into two. That can't be good....
Old 02-16-2008, 07:15 PM

Well, got my box back Fri., I loaded up an old tune that Justin had sent me cause it had the 20 sec. TT on it (tha'ts all I need) and the high idle, I was in a hurry, so that's the one I put in it. Took off to the store and everything worked fine except for the TT, it didn't work.
Today, I decided to load 2018 and try it out. I love how the truck feels, de-fueling works awesome!! I went for a speed run and then leveled out and set the cruise for a couple of miles, come to a stop and then nothing, had to cycle it to PL00 and then back up to get fueling. I drove to the store, shut the truck off and guess what?? NO TT!! Come back out, started truck and took off and NO power, had to cycle to PL00 and back up to get it to work.

WTH???????? THIS BOX WORKED FLAWLESSLY BEFORE I SENT IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 days after I was called and told to send it in, Quad put a post on here saying we didn't need to send them in if they worked OK, I wish he would've posted that sooner.
I will be calling Quad on Monday!!!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Well I just opened the adrenaline and the white block thats looks to be ceramic and I *think* controls the fueling broke into two. That can't be good....
Ummm, you do realize that most places won't warranty something if you open it up yourself??
Old 02-16-2008, 07:20 PM

Mines doing the same thing with the PL "no power" thing??? It happens alot and the cure is to go back to PL00 and then back to PL10. Very odd problem. My box also won't fuel on some tunes as it just flashes like it's defueling or something but my high idle works like a million bucks which is the best feature!!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Mines doing the same thing with the PL "no power" thing??? It happens alot and the cure is to go back to PL00 and then back to PL10. Very odd problem. My box also won't fuel on some tunes as it just flashes like it's defueling or something but my high idle works like a million bucks which is the best feature!!
Seems like were all over the place...I get the no power thing and have to reset, TT on some tunes but not on others, only had the high idle work on one of the two tunes before this crop of 50 new ones, no flashing or warm up on PL00, flashing on all PL above 00...
Old 02-16-2008, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
Seems like were all over the place...I get the no power thing and have to reset, TT on some tunes but not on others, only had the high idle work on one of the two tunes before this crop of 50 new ones, no flashing or warm up on PL00, flashing on all PL above 00...
Yup, I'm just waiting for my new box, it should be here on Wedensday or so. I hope that new box will be the cure? I know I'm going to test the **** out of the new one before sending the old one back...
Old 02-16-2008, 08:35 PM

Well good luck with the new box. Maybe it'll work better than everyone elses "updated" box. I'm stll kinda disgusted that my box worked FINE before I sent it in, now it's just a PITA to have to deal with.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:44 PM

no flashing or warm up on PL00, flashing on all PL above 00...
Mine flashed while in warm-up mode and the high idle worked fine. After it was out of warm-up mode, it would just flash PL00 randomly off and on (i could set a PL, then it would go back to flashing whenever it felt the urge) for a couple of minutes, after a couple of minutes, I could change PL's and all was fine, well until it decides to just quit working whenever it feels the need.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:43 PM

Can't wait for the Commander so a person can do so much more. I hope it allows a person to turn it off and on like the old TST PM3 Comp. It's gonna be so nice to see all the parameters at the same time like the Juice...
Old 02-17-2008, 04:28 PM

Well, got to thinking about it, and there was one thing that I changed when I hooked up the Adrenaline this 2nd time. I ran the power wire to the Power Distribution Box (fuse box) under the hood to power the Adrenaline as per the instructions this time. I had it hooked straight to the battery before.
I removed the power wire from the fuse box and hooked it straight to the battery as it was before and now everything works fine. TT works now, and I only drove it for about a 1/2 hour, but I did not lose fueling and have to cycle through the PL's to get it working again as I did yesterday.
The only issue I have now is the constant PL flashing even after warm-up.
Don't know why the H a different power location would matter, but it did, so please disregard my previous rantings.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Banned

Got mine in today and all i can say is wow, i noticed the flashing PL to but i can live with that as it's only if you have it set on PL all the time, much better than my juice ever was. Pretty fun to bust loose 35's on dry roads in third gear!

Also i got the fuel pressure sender from napa, the 0-100 psi one and i cant get it to work with the adrenaline, has anybody else had this issue, or do i have to hook it up some special way.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Banned

Has anyone tried to update an Adrenaline with Vista? I cant get the drivers to work...
Old 02-17-2008, 06:47 PM

Armstrong Performance
As far as I know, the updates don't work with vista yet, but hopefully will do so next week. I think it was posted by Quad a bit earlier in this thread.
mishkaya
Old 02-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mishkaya
Armstrong Performance
As far as I know, the updates don't work with vista yet, but hopefully will do so next week. I think it was posted by Quad a bit earlier in this thread.
mishkaya
OK, that is what I needed to know. Thank you very much Mish!!
Old 02-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Banned

Is there a file for TT @ 300*, de-fuel @ 1250*, and for regular injectors? I have a guy with a stock truck and a good clutch, that I wanted some of the safty features for.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....