Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bjans
nothin! no matter how fast or slow i do it it it still gives me the same thing
Do you have this software. It is not available on Quads site?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 02-16-2008, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
I did even more playing around with this thing. With the #9 fuse tap hooked up, the truck drove OK and almost like it had a little extra pep, but ONLY if the adrenaline was not intercepting the MAP signal. The sensor was hooked up, but the adrenaline was out of the loop on that one. A few different times after I tried to shut the truck off it stumbled and broke up at about 1k rpms and died about 3-4 seconds later. This actually caused a CEL to come on with the keys in the off position and only went off when I cycled the key once.

With the MAP sensor wires on the adrenaline intercepting the signal the truck is done A LOT on power, and is incredibly sluggish above 1800 rpm.

Another thing to note is that right after hooking the tap up to #9, the needles all started cycling again, but stopped once I turned the truck on and never started again.

Should also note that the pod is still not turning on.

Are you sure you have the MAP sensor hooked to the MAP sensor and the Data link plugged into the data link???

That could cause some seriously funky stuff to happen! I don't think you can get the connectors messed up but, you might check the wire colors at each connection and make sure they are correct or at least look correct.

The reason I ask that is because before each of these went out they were installed on a truck and tested. We have a test bench but, we wanted to make sure on a truck each and everyone was operating properly!

Also, do you have it grounded to the batter?
Old 02-16-2008, 12:23 AM

Also I just spent the last 2.5 hours re-doing the ADR1000-ADR1025 updates.

I am thinking they might go up tomorrow but, you will just have to see when they get them up. The date should be either 2/15 or 2/16 or later on when the updates were done and the software versions should be 20080215 on all of the updates.

First, these particular updates will be Vista compatible. Second, they have a de-bugging mode built into the update. If you get an error or have issues when you try to update it will great an error log called QZError.log on your desktop. If you get that you can email it to me and we will try and solve your problem. Email address is quad@quadzillapower.com

Now,the other thing is that anyone of you having wierd warm up or flashing issues with the control pod, try the various updates that have warm up enabled on them. See if they still act funky. If they do report it to be by update number. I cannot find any software issues and our trucks are not doing it. Maybe there is an issue with the old updates??? I am not sure but, when you start updating with these new one it will tell us really fast.

So keep an eye out for them to be updated in the next day or two. They do not normally work on the weekends but, they told me they are trying to get caught up and if I needed something uploaded they would do it for me.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:13 AM

Maybe im just stupid or somethin. I downloaded the .net thing and tried again and still the same error message. What do i have to do th start from scratchwith this process? maybe i did somethin wrong from the start
Old 02-16-2008, 06:16 AM

Quad,

If you're speaking of the Quad specific plugs that attach the accessories to the main harness, I never touched them. They were already assembled when I got them, but I will verify in a bit anyways.

It is definitely grounded to the battery. The map plug is the round outer, triangular pattern (IAT is flat). The data link is definitely correct (unless the flat two pin next to it got confused and started doing it's job for it?)

I'll check the box connectors and make sure they aren't assembled wrong.

edit: Checked the connectors. Purple and pink go to purple and pink. Light blue, dark blue, and red go to their respective colors. Is there a way to check any of these pins to see whats getting powered and whats not?

I forgot to mention last night that one VERY odd thing occured. My outdoor temp. gauge in truck started reading 84*, when it was only 15* outside. It always has worked spot on. After about 5 minutes it started reading the correct temperature again.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:23 AM

Not much of an update, but the display still isn't working and I can't comment on the module since I haven't taken it for a drive. Let the truck idle for about 5 minutes so far, no high idle (and I uploaded high idle software).

I uninstalled and reinstalled a little while ago. I undid the data link connector, and the quadzilla plug a few inches back. I undid the map connections and the one a couple inches back. I pulled my battery cables off, put new hardware through them, put new ring terminals on the wiring from the adrenaline, cleaned the cables, and reinstalled. I also unplugged the adrenaline and plugged it back in. #9 fuse tap IS installed, and something about this adrenaline is still screwing with my oil pressure gauge as it works for about 2 minutes and then shuts off for about 2 minutes.

Help?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:25 AM

hey xtoyz17 any idea how i can start from scratch on updating this thing
Old 02-16-2008, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bjans
hey xtoyz17 any idea how i can start from scratch on updating this thing
Did your computer make a system restore point when you installed the first tune and it did it's drivers installation? Trying going back before then, and starting from there. *Maybe* .net framework needs to be installed before the adrenaline drivers or something, but I'm really not much of a computer guy. Also, make sure you're doing it on Windows XP

Oh, and if you have a different USB cable and different USB port to try, give it a whirl. Maybe it's the port you're trying to use? Do you have a different computer available?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:32 AM

not sure! ya im on xp. my laptop is vista. im not sure how to get back to that point and start over. if i could help you out on your situation i would. thats funky
Old 02-16-2008, 11:34 AM

Start > Programs > Accesories > System Tools > System Restore.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:42 AM

I wouldn't go back to a restore point on ur computer. You mentioned before that ur computer was "beeping" when you had the module plugged in, so that tells me that the USB port is working.
Have you tried the "Get information from module" yet?? Will ur computer read which tune is on the Adrenaline??
Old 02-16-2008, 03:10 PM

Well, the adrenaline bit the bullet just a little while ago. I left everything hooked up and just decided to deal with the finicky oil pressure gauge. I got about ten miles from home and stopped to fill up, when I went to shut the truck off it started doing the stumbling again and died after about 5 seconds. Not really sure what to do I decided to just drive it the rest of the trip (about 6 more miles). A few more miles later I shut the truck off for the hell of it and it did the stumbling again, except this time the truck wouldn't start. It would crank and crank and crank but did nothing. Popped the hood and the adrenaline was smoking, too hot too touch, etc... I got it unhooked and put everything back to stock except for the wire tap and the truck started.

I decided it probably cooled enough to try and unhook, which it did, except when I finally unhooked it I also discovered something inside the adrenaline came loose as now something is bouncing arouns inside the enclosure.

Quad, please call me as I'm definitely going to need to send this back. Not real sure if I need an RMA number, or what I need to do. My personal cell is 585-737-6351.

Thanks,
Shawn
Old 02-16-2008, 03:18 PM

WOW, that sucks! If he does not catch ur message on here, I would call them Monday. Sometimes he catches these messages, sometimes he doesn't. Just an FYI if he misses ya on here.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:13 PM

Yea, I definitely will. I tried Friday, but I missed them by about ten minutes. Sucks being down for the weekend but we all gotta have a life, right? I still can't wait to get this thing running right. All I wanna do is roast my tires, and those were almost twice the price of the box!
Old 02-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
Yea, I definitely will. I tried Friday, but I missed them by about ten minutes. Sucks being down for the weekend but we all gotta have a life, right? I still can't wait to get this thing running right. All I wanna do is roast my tires, and those were almost twice the price of the box!
Start the tranny fund now. Dont ask how I know this

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....