Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bjans
A nice feature would be kind of an ala carte menu on the update website so you could just check what you want. kind of make your own files i guess. Any word when the commander will be ready? im also curious about the stage 3 that was mentioned
The Commander will be ala carte so to speak. You can turn high idle on and off and set the delay time. You can do anything you want with de-fueling. You can set the Turbo Timer any which way you want.

For that matter you can adjust a lot of the fueling parameters as a scaling feature with the Commander. So in that regard you can do everything you want without downloading anything!

We are possibly going to be able to ship the Beta Commanders at the end of next week.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
OK, first lets get the install thing straight!

We put the ring terminal on for the under hood power connection based on beta tester recommendations. So just plug it into the battery. Don't worry about a fuse, everything is internally fused to begin with!

Second, you have to make certain the fuse tap on #9 is in good. If not it can make some wierd things happen.

Just for the record, I hate fuse taps and I have not ever found one I really like but, I have not found a better solution yet.
Quad,

Would it be possible to call me? If so, PM me. Some quirky things are going on such as:

Still no POD display, with or without tap on #9. If the map connection is hooked up, the truck has LESS power. CEL still hasn't gone off, all other connections are good. My oil pressure fluctuates and sometimes stops working and the cluster beeps at me, which I haven't pin pointed entirely, but I *think* its related to #9 fuse tap.

edit: For the record, I hate to be a pest. I don't usually like to nag the manufacturer, etc... but this thing is doing some funky stuff!

double edit: I forgot to mention that the first time I hooked up the tap on #9, my lift pump started running with the truck off. Scared the crap out of me so I unhooked it quick. Did it again when I hooked it back up. The third time? Didn't do it. I hate to say it, but maybe I damaged something?
Old 02-15-2008, 10:48 PM

Can someone give me some info on updating my box? i just cant get it to work! it keeps sayin invalid module
Old 02-15-2008, 10:49 PM

I did even more playing around with this thing. With the #9 fuse tap hooked up, the truck drove OK and almost like it had a little extra pep, but ONLY if the adrenaline was not intercepting the MAP signal. The sensor was hooked up, but the adrenaline was out of the loop on that one. A few different times after I tried to shut the truck off it stumbled and broke up at about 1k rpms and died about 3-4 seconds later. This actually caused a CEL to come on with the keys in the off position and only went off when I cycled the key once.

With the MAP sensor wires on the adrenaline intercepting the signal the truck is done A LOT on power, and is incredibly sluggish above 1800 rpm.

Another thing to note is that right after hooking the tap up to #9, the needles all started cycling again, but stopped once I turned the truck on and never started again.

Should also note that the pod is still not turning on.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:50 PM

Can someone give me some info on updating my box? i just cant get it to work! it keeps sayin invalid module
It's a piece of cake. The software needs to install first (the very first time), but after that it lets you update without issue. Not sure if you'd be as far as you are, but there was a disclaimer to have .net framework installed. You do have it, right?
Old 02-15-2008, 10:51 PM

The one that says it downloads with all the software? or do i need to download that also?
Old 02-15-2008, 10:53 PM

The one that says it downloads with all the software? or do i need to download that also?
Well, the very first time you try to use any of the files, it's going to install drivers and detect your adrenaline. What happened when you followed the install steps?
Old 02-15-2008, 10:54 PM

anybody have any ideas when this box will be on the market and also do yall have any numbers that yall have put down on the rollers.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:57 PM

I followed all the instructions and it had to search for drivers then it said it was installed. the small box came up and i hit update module and pluged it in and a box comes up asking to continue and i hit ok and it says in the quad box that its an invalid module
Old 02-15-2008, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by ncdodgeman20
anybody have any ideas when this box will be on the market and also do yall have any numbers that yall have put down on the rollers.
It's already out. Break out the plastic.

http://www.puredieselpower.com/catal...el-p-2817.html
Old 02-15-2008, 10:58 PM

I followed all the instructions and it had to search for drivers then it said it was installed. the small box came up and i hit update module and pluged it in and a box comes up asking to continue and i hit ok and it says in the quad box that its an invalid module
Does it give you any errors when you click the left button (I think it said check version?)
Old 02-15-2008, 10:58 PM

You running Vista or XP? It's not compatible with Vista yet.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:04 PM

ive tried both! it says "an unhandled exception has occurred in your application" etc. click continue to ignore this error so i do and it saysinvalid module detected. The whole time the box is plugged in the computer is beepin constantly like when you plug in a usb device
Old 02-15-2008, 11:09 PM

ive tried both! it says "an unhandled exception has occurred in your application" etc. click continue to ignore this error so i do and it saysinvalid module detected. The whole time the box is plugged in the computer is beepin constantly like when you plug in a usb device
Sometimes you have to be quick. Open the .exe file, plug in your module and when you hear the first beep, click the " Get information from module" button. It'll usually grab it like that for me. After it pulls the current info on the module, then try to update it.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:17 PM

nothin! no matter how fast or slow i do it it it still gives me the same thing

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....