Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
I think there is a possibility of something being wrong.

I probably built the update and I probably did it at 3am or something!!!!

Either way we are getting ready to swap them all out for updates that support Vista, so I guess whether I want to or not, I will be changing them!

Also, as a disclaimer, I don't think it is broke, I think it probably has something like auto 1250deg de-fueling left on it??
Vista, sweet!!! My wife's laptop is on it's last leg and my new desktop has Vista!!!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:54 PM

I think there is a possibility of something being wrong.

I probably built the update and I probably did it at 3am or something!!!!

Either way we are getting ready to swap them all out for updates that support Vista, so I guess whether I want to or not, I will be changing them!

Also, as a disclaimer, I don't think it is broke, I think it probably has something like auto 1250deg de-fueling left on it??
Something else I noted today. While free reving in P, it stumbles really bad up to 2100RPM, which was where I stopped. I tried this on PL07-10, but it could do it on other levels too I suppose. I took it down to PL00 and free reved again, the stumbling went away. Take it down the road on the higher PL's and it fuels nice and smooth...provided there is a load on the motor. As soon as the tires let loose or I start to let off the throttle the stumbling begins. When the tires let loose the motor looses the load and the stumbling begins. This was all done on ADR2003.

I'd like someone else who has at least 200+hp injectors give ADR2003 the free rev test to see if it's doing the same on your truck. I'd be interested to see if it's just my truck.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:20 PM

I think that might be a downside to not waiting on boost to fuel???

Realize that load on the engine does not mean a load on the truck. If we sense TPS where we start fueling and a load increase on the motor we are going to fuel.

If you rev it so that the truck actually starts making boost does it smooth out? My guess is that is just overfuels a non boosted motor?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:58 PM

Ok guess no one knows anything bout the autometer fuel pressure sending unit?????
Old 02-09-2008, 10:26 PM

I think that might be a downside to not waiting on boost to fuel???

Realize that load on the engine does not mean a load on the truck. If we sense TPS where we start fueling and a load increase on the motor we are going to fuel.

If you rev it so that the truck actually starts making boost does it smooth out? My guess is that is just overfuels a non boosted motor?
thats what i was thinking. my drag comp would do the same thing when the map sensor was disconnected
Old 02-09-2008, 10:46 PM

Hey Luis, where have ya been???
Old 02-09-2008, 10:55 PM

My guess is that is just overfuels a non boosted motor?
This would explain why I killed the motor after a burn out this evening. After the tires lite (which will decrease the load on the motor) it started to stumble really hard so I lifted off the skinny peddle and killed the motor.

Is this something being looked at or will it just be the nature of the beast with the Adrenaline? Anyone else experiance this?

I guess it could be considered a safety feature. I always know when I'm loosing traction because of this stumble, wheather it be at 40, 50, 60mph.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by J Double
This would explain why I killed the motor after a burn out this evening. After the tires lite (which will decrease the load on the motor) it started to stumble really hard so I lifted off the skinny peddle and killed the motor.

Is this something being looked at or will it just be the nature of the beast with the Adrenaline? Anyone else experiance this?

I guess it could be considered a safety feature. I always know when I'm loosing traction because of this stumble, wheather it be at 40, 50, 60mph.
what are you using to get around the torque management? like not allowing it to boost via brake.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
I used to have a high idle hammer and now it's gone with my new Adrenaline box. The high idle is flawless which is my favorite feature. I'm so impressed!!!
ditto! .
Old 02-09-2008, 11:17 PM

Some of them have already shipped. Some of them are going to ship on Monday.

On the beta boxes when we got them back, we did the work in house and put them on a truck when we were done to check every single thing on them.

In some cases we got boxes back that said they had some sort of issue. Most of it was simple stuff so while we were adding the new TT parts we were also doing some tests to see if the problem listed was a real problem, a wire problem, a control pod problem, a board problem etc. That takes time. If we had an issue we wanted to know why or how.

Were all the Beta tester supposed to send in their box??? I have not recieved an email or instruction to do so... I can come by the shop sometime in the next week and half..
Bryan
Old 02-09-2008, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by JDGnut
Were all the Beta tester supposed to send in their box??? I have not recieved an email or instruction to do so... I can come by the shop sometime in the next week and half..
Bryan
I wish it was that easy. I would love to "just drive" to Quadzilla and change out boxes, it's only 28 hours to get there!!!
Old 02-10-2008, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
I wish it was that easy. I would love to "just drive" to Quadzilla and change out boxes, it's only 28 hours to get there!!!
it takes me 12 hours of driving south to get to red deer nevermind fricken texas!

btw this new box is good, a lil too good. i just ripped out another cv in the front driveshaft.... perfect. but i do like the power quad! i really like the aggressive file.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing
what are you using to get around the torque management? like not allowing it to boost via brake.

I use a BD R.A.D if that's what you're asking.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by IntakeRacing
ditto! .
Hmmm...no high idle here...but I'm still using one of the first corrected tunes before all the toys on the website...still having issues with the warm-up program as well...hey Quad, should I be playing in that group of tunes you released or continue to "test" this production tune???
Old 02-10-2008, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
Hmmm...no high idle here...but I'm still using one of the first corrected tunes before all the toys on the website...still having issues with the warm-up program as well...hey Quad, should I be playing in that group of tunes you released or continue to "test" this production tune???

i shouldn't speak for him but he wants us to use the tunes off of the website. play around with them.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....