Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
We are changing a couple of parts out on the board to make sure the TT is 110%. As soon as we recieve them back we will start shipping.

Our wonderful fuel pressure sending unit manufacturer delayed our shipment of sending units so we are sending them out without the sending unit. There is a card going in them with a link so that you can fill in your shipping info and serial number and we will ship it to you as soon as they hit our door.

It stinks but, I hate to keep pushing it out for that.
It's really nice of you guys concentrating on the VP-44 market and breaking new ground with these trucks. Can't wait to check out the new product when it hits the doorstep.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by marine4life
Just had a quick question. The commander that you are talking about, that will not be available on initial launch am I correct? Just the recon monitor? Thanks.
That is correct.

The monitor will be out pretty quickly though. We are working on getting it in our beta testers hands. This part should be much faster than the module itself. I am not expecting any major issues to pop up.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:21 AM

That is correct.

The monitor will be out pretty quickly though. We are working on getting it in our beta testers hands. This part should be much faster than the module itself. I am not expecting any major issues to pop up.
Thanks for the quick response. Can we purchase the commander seperately so if I were to buy the adrenaline early, can I upgrade the monitor?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:28 AM

Will the commander hook up to the adrenaline just like the origional control pod?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:37 AM

Yes the commander plugs into the same 4 pin plug as the control pod on the adrenaline.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by marine4life
Thanks for the quick response. Can we purchase the commander seperately so if I were to buy the adrenaline early, can I upgrade the monitor?
Yes you can.

It plugs in just like the Control Pod. There is only 1, 4 wire connection to make.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:24 PM

Thanks Quad.....really looking forward to this box, it feels like the beginning of December when I was a kid waiting for Santa to come,lol.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:31 PM

We are changing a couple of parts out on the board to make sure the TT is 110%. As soon as we recieve them back we will start shipping.
Quad,

Will there be a second round of box swapping for beta testers or are you referring to production boxes? I am running the replacement box that I received about 2 weeks ago and the turbo timer is still hit and miss for me using various tuning files from your web site. Everything else seems to be working fine. Surging is no longer a problem and the high idle is great!

Len
Old 02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Chapter President

So far my initial box seems to work great. I do not get any flashing on the recon controller when the truck is in warm up, but all seems to work for me so far.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by wurkenman
So far my initial box seems to work great. I do not get any flashing on the recon controller when the truck is in warm up, but all seems to work for me so far.
Same here!! Here is another question, I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. Quad said that the Commanders will replace the Recon module for phase II. So the older model Commander that I took out of the truck a few months ago for the Adrenaline box will work with the Adrenaline? I won't have to buy another Commander since I bought one last year?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:56 PM

Qzilla, PM'd you, not sure on something???
Old 02-04-2008, 11:29 PM

Will there be a second round of box swapping for beta testers or are you referring to production boxes? I am running the replacement box that I received about 2 weeks ago and the turbo timer is still hit and miss for me using various tuning files from your web site. Everything else seems to be working fine. Surging is no longer a problem and the high idle is great!
Well, not really a second round. We sent out some test units to try and solve the TT problem. It seemed to help but, did not solve it 100% so we sent a handful more out with a different fix and they are perfect.

So, everything is being update/upgraded to the latest fix. You just happen to have a box that was in-between, probably because you are close to us.

You will need to get that box swapped out or fixed. If you send it to me I can fix it. If you can wait a week we should be able to swap it out. As close as you are you might just send it to me and let me send it right back???? Up to you.

Along with the updated boxes we alsosent new control pods with updated software to support the "flashing". So if you have the original control pod it is NOT going to flash regardless of what is going on.

Same here!! Here is another question, I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. Quad said that the Commanders will replace the Recon module for phase II. So the older model Commander that I took out of the truck a few months ago for the Adrenaline box will work with the Adrenaline? I won't have to buy another Commander since I bought one last year?
Nope. I sent an email out that sort of explains this. Hopefully in the next day or two we are going to settle on a new name for the monitor that will go with the Adrenaline. It will look like a Commander but, it is NOT a Commander. Totally different functions, totally different installation and it is specific to these Adrenaline modules. This is a proprietary piece and not a stand alone gauge.

Sell it!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by merrillr4
From my understanding the Commander for the Adrenaline is totally different from the old Commander. The old Commander will work however you will be missing out on a lot of options and abilities so I've read.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:33 PM

It could technically work but, I very seriously doubt we will spend the necessary time and effort to offer Adrenaline support on the original Commander. Just too much time and I do not think it would be worth it, just to change power levels and have some de-fueling.

The new version can do so much and costs less that everyone that wants the monitor just needs the new one.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:45 PM

Thank you for setting the record straight guys!! I will wait until I hear from someone at Quadzilla to send in my beta box for the newer version I have read about. Also I cant wait until I get the "newer commander". I really miss being able to see multiple parameters at once!!

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....