Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IntakeRacing

my high idle works perfectly with no blinking, i'm using program: 2023
Ditto, program 2022.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
1.) I think we still have a bug in the warm up mode personally. We are looking into it and I think we will be changing it pretty quickly. This is 1 reason I wanted to get a bunch of tunes up so we can find some of these annoying little things. Overall I think warmup works fine but, I think we confuse ourselves trying to flash and blink and monitor the temp sometimes!

2.) I still personally think if we are going to be hitting everything as hard as we are right now we need automatic tunes and manual tunes. I think this is what will ultimately happen. If not we are going to have to be slightly more mild on how we ramp the fueling up. Keep in mind the aggressive stuff is going to be more aggressive and probably slightly more choppy feeling in spots. I still think it is not unbearable but, it is aggressive. That same tune with factory tuning 1018 should be much smoother.

3.) What power level? Once again with the aggressiveness we loose some of the smooth power we have with regular tuning. Not saying we are not going to keep working with it but, I just want to point out this is with the more aggressive tuning!

4.) It is supposed to flash when it de-fuels as a way to tell you that it is doing something.

I do not mind the aggresiveness of the tune, just pointing out what I felt. The manual and automatic modes might be nice though. I will try another one today and see what it does. Thank you for the answers.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
....Once again with the aggressiveness we loose some of the smooth power we have with regular tuning.
Do both Production and Agressive tunes end up at the same fueling level.... say WOT, Max PL and above 2500 rpm?
Or for dynos & racing, is the aggressive tune fueling harder on the top end?

RJ
Old 02-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Chapter President

Went out today with the ADR2025 program. Everything worked like clockwork. I did notice though that on my truck, and I assume its because of the larger turbo exhaust housing, that my truck went to about 1300 degrees and started defueling and then leveled off at about 1170 or so. Very little surging at all, and at about 1800r's or so this thing just hits.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Banned

I like the Aggressive files alot. They feel really strong off idle. I'm running 2022.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:32 AM
JIT

Where's this COMP Tune for Sled Pulling and Drag Racing????????
Old 02-01-2008, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Do both Production and Agressive tunes end up at the same fueling level.... say WOT, Max PL and above 2500 rpm?

RJ
Yeah, good question.
Where's this COMP Tune for Sled Pulling and Drag Racing????????
Uhh, Quad just put out 52 new tunes for us to try. Be patient grasshopper.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ

RJ
With these current tunes, yes is the answer. Power delivery is changed quite a bit but, when it all comes down to it and you are WOT and pulling hard the fueling is all the same.

The difference in bottom end is simpl a preference thing. Some like it more touchy some like it less touchy, some like more smoke, some like less smoke etc.

Since we have the option we just made it sort of an a la carte system. That won't be necessary once the monitor gets here. You can just change all that on the display and on the fly.

Comp tunes will be out in due time. We will need some extra testing in order to get that completely right. While they will be stronger it is not going to be the difference from PL02 to PL10. What the Comp stuff will do is fuel noticable harder sooner and harder at the upper end to make certain we are getting every last drop we can out of the VP system. While we fuel pretty hard no on the upper end we will make certain it is tapped to its full potential with the Comp stuff.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Haulin Mutt
I downloaded 2018 off of the website this morning. I have just a couple notes and questions. Warm up mode, high idle, and tt worked perfect. This is the first time that the high idle went right to 1200 RPM for me. Now the questions.

1. After the truck reaches temp, the lights continue to flash PL 01 or whatever number I left it on. If I adjust the PL it stops blinking until I rev close to 2000, then it starts blinking again. It does this until I adjust the level again and the cycle continues. What is going on?

2. I usually drive around town on PL02. These new tunes are definetly not as smooth when the power hits, at least in my truck. Before the power was linear from take off. Now it seems like I don't have any more power than PL 0 until 1600 RPM and then it hits noticeably. Is this part of the surge fix?

3. This evening on 1-5 I felt noticeable surge for the first time. I was right about 1800 rpm in 5th when the truck bucked pretty good. My wife picked it out as well. She asked if my fuel filter was clogged. I only really bring this up because I did not feel surging with previous tunes. Maybe I usually powered through them? I had to hit this surging right on. +/- 50 Rpm and it was gone and it was hard to "induce" again.

4. I did forget to mention the de-fueling. That seemed to work. I put the PL to 10 and floored it until I reached 1250. The PL numbers flashed and went down slowly. When I let off of the gas, the numbers climbed back up. I am assuming that this is normal. I am not sure if the blinking was normal on de-fueling or if it was part of question #1.

Thank you. I really like the product.
Today I downloaded the 1018 tune to check it out. Other than not being as aggressive, it acted the same. I was wondering if the flashing of the PL is one of the alerts. Could it be because the fuel pressure reads 0? I do not have that sending unit hooked up. Todays surging was on PL6 and only at 1800 RPM. Yesterdays was on PL4. I just picked random levels and tried to find the surging point. It is really difficult and I doubt that I would hit it very often. Other than that, everything worked as advertised. Thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Banned

Release

Hey quad just wondering when we can expect a release, i dumped the juice for it and now im getting ancy for it, i put in for the beta but never got picked, also trying to keep customers at bay sucks, keep telling them "its coming, its coming"!!!LOL Thanks DD
Old 02-02-2008, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Dummy
Hey quad just wondering when we can expect a release, i dumped the juice for it and now im getting ancy for it, i put in for the beta but never got picked, also trying to keep customers at bay sucks, keep telling them "its coming, its coming"!!!LOL Thanks DD

i can understand you want it but you have to understand if he releases it with problems how many unhappy customers is he gonna have. if he waits a while and releases a products that makes you drop your jaw your gonna be bummed you had to wait but you will be praising the hell outa it and he will sell more in the end.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Banned

Oh i do understand, this is why im asking to get an answer from the horses mouth, no the other end!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:20 PM

We are changing a couple of parts out on the board to make sure the TT is 110%. As soon as we recieve them back we will start shipping.

Our wonderful fuel pressure sending unit manufacturer delayed our shipment of sending units so we are sending them out without the sending unit. There is a card going in them with a link so that you can fill in your shipping info and serial number and we will ship it to you as soon as they hit our door.

It stinks but, I hate to keep pushing it out for that.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

Thanks quad thats what i needed to know, DD
Old 02-03-2008, 08:36 PM

Just had a quick question. The commander that you are talking about, that will not be available on initial launch am I correct? Just the recon monitor? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....