Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else getting the message: "You have reached this page in error. Click here to go to the Home Page." when you try to download one of the files?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Turbinator
Anybody else getting the message: "You have reached this page in error. Click here to go to the Home Page." when you try to download one of the files?
Works for me. Do you have the upgrade page saved in your favorites or bookmarked? Just asking, sometimes you have to go in through the home page.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Banned

No didnt have it bookmarked, but it's working now. Oh well.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:56 AM

wow i am truley impressed at your list of availble features!

btw, what do you call a large injector?
Old 01-31-2008, 09:58 AM

100hp or larger. Really it depends on the manufacturer but, in general 100+ is a large injectors.

To be totally honest, with the latest tuning the only difference in all the tunes is going to be how the power is applied.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad, that is a very impressive list of features/options.

Thanks for the hard work.

Paul
Old 01-31-2008, 12:00 PM

Out of all the tuning programs is pl01 still going to be the mileage setting? I am just curious I plan on buying one anyway.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:01 PM

yes PL01 is always the mileage setting, at least on these tunes.

There are some tunes that will have some different stuff available where this is not true but, we will note it when that happens.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On my truck warm up mode only works right after i flash it on the first run. Everything else works fine. Does it have something to do with having the old box yet? I have beta 71. Its done this on two separate tunes first time out the pod will not move off PL00 till it hits 170, next time out i can choose any PL right away on a cold start.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Crazydave
On my truck warm up mode only works right after i flash it on the first run. Everything else works fine. Does it have something to do with having the old box yet? I have beta 71. Its done this on two separate tunes first time out the pod will not move off PL00 till it hits 170, next time out i can choose any PL right away on a cold start.
yeah i noticed that too. dunno how it works.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:46 PM

I downloaded 2018 off of the website this morning. I have just a couple notes and questions. Warm up mode, high idle, and tt worked perfect. This is the first time that the high idle went right to 1200 RPM for me. Now the questions.

1. After the truck reaches temp, the lights continue to flash PL 01 or whatever number I left it on. If I adjust the PL it stops blinking until I rev close to 2000, then it starts blinking again. It does this until I adjust the level again and the cycle continues. What is going on?

2. I usually drive around town on PL02. These new tunes are definetly not as smooth when the power hits, at least in my truck. Before the power was linear from take off. Now it seems like I don't have any more power than PL 0 until 1600 RPM and then it hits noticeably. Is this part of the surge fix?

3. This evening on 1-5 I felt noticeable surge for the first time. I was right about 1800 rpm in 5th when the truck bucked pretty good. My wife picked it out as well. She asked if my fuel filter was clogged. I only really bring this up because I did not feel surging with previous tunes. Maybe I usually powered through them? I had to hit this surging right on. +/- 50 Rpm and it was gone and it was hard to "induce" again.

4. I did forget to mention the de-fueling. That seemed to work. I put the PL to 10 and floored it until I reached 1250. The PL numbers flashed and went down slowly. When I let off of the gas, the numbers climbed back up. I am assuming that this is normal. I am not sure if the blinking was normal on de-fueling or if it was part of question #1.

Thank you. I really like the product.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:55 PM

the high idle works with my remote start!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS BABY!!!!!!!!! no more going out in the morning to flip the high idle switch just to warm it up! woooo wooo! you have no idea how happy you have made me feel!

its -40 right now and were hitting -47 they say tonight and yesterday we hit -52. so i really need this! THANK YOU QUAD!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:59 PM

I think it's just us guys up here North of the border that will really appreciate the high idle. I can't wait to get my box back!!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Haulin Mutt
I downloaded 2018 off of the website this morning. I have just a couple notes and questions. Warm up mode, high idle, and tt worked perfect. This is the first time that the high idle went right to 1200 RPM for me. Now the questions.

1. After the truck reaches temp, the lights continue to flash PL 01 or whatever number I left it on. If I adjust the PL it stops blinking until I rev close to 2000, then it starts blinking again. It does this until I adjust the level again and the cycle continues. What is going on?

2. I usually drive around town on PL02. These new tunes are definetly not as smooth when the power hits, at least in my truck. Before the power was linear from take off. Now it seems like I don't have any more power than PL 0 until 1600 RPM and then it hits noticeably. Is this part of the surge fix?

3. This evening on 1-5 I felt noticeable surge for the first time. I was right about 1800 rpm in 5th when the truck bucked pretty good. My wife picked it out as well. She asked if my fuel filter was clogged. I only really bring this up because I did not feel surging with previous tunes. Maybe I usually powered through them? I had to hit this surging right on. +/- 50 Rpm and it was gone and it was hard to "induce" again.

4. I did forget to mention the de-fueling. That seemed to work. I put the PL to 10 and floored it until I reached 1250. The PL numbers flashed and went down slowly. When I let off of the gas, the numbers climbed back up. I am assuming that this is normal. I am not sure if the blinking was normal on de-fueling or if it was part of question #1.

Thank you. I really like the product.
1.) I think we still have a bug in the warm up mode personally. We are looking into it and I think we will be changing it pretty quickly. This is 1 reason I wanted to get a bunch of tunes up so we can find some of these annoying little things. Overall I think warmup works fine but, I think we confuse ourselves trying to flash and blink and monitor the temp sometimes!

2.) I still personally think if we are going to be hitting everything as hard as we are right now we need automatic tunes and manual tunes. I think this is what will ultimately happen. If not we are going to have to be slightly more mild on how we ramp the fueling up. Keep in mind the aggressive stuff is going to be more aggressive and probably slightly more choppy feeling in spots. I still think it is not unbearable but, it is aggressive. That same tune with factory tuning 1018 should be much smoother.

3.) What power level? Once again with the aggressiveness we loose some of the smooth power we have with regular tuning. Not saying we are not going to keep working with it but, I just want to point out this is with the more aggressive tuning!

4.) It is supposed to flash when it de-fuels as a way to tell you that it is doing something.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
I think it's just us guys up here North of the border that will really appreciate the high idle. I can't wait to get my box back!!!!
haha i had two people from alaska tell me today that its colder here than in alaska by far.

btw i really like how the power comes on its perfect for my style of driving. i'm using the aggressive map and i'm on power 10. haven't had a chance to hit hte highway yet so its all stop and go.

Originally Posted by quad
I think we still have a bug in the warm up mode personally. We are looking into it and I think we will be changing it pretty quickly. This is 1 reason I wanted to get a bunch of tunes up so we can find some of these annoying little things. Overall I think warmup works fine but, I think we confuse ourselves trying to flash and blink and monitor the temp sometimes!
my high idle works perfectly with no blinking, i'm using program: 2023

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....