Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sent the email out to your guys that got left off. Feel free to try either tune.

These tunes and more will be up tomorrow, so if you want something different than what I sent out you are more than welcome to download anything you want!
Old 01-29-2008, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
You need to take your truck to Church or something!

Let me know if it keeps working? I have no explanation for what was going on, just let me know if it does it again? Maybe it needed a hard reset or something?
Stay tuned for another episode of "The haunting of My Dodge"...

I'll keep you up on what's happening, I'm pretty perplexed as well...
Old 01-29-2008, 08:46 AM

Thanks for thinking of me and brewing up a tune with no TT, you da man!!!! I like the "church" comment!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:15 AM

Also, on another note since I have been asked several times now.

This is for EVERYONE.

If your TT stuff is working fine and you don't feel like sending your box in, you do NOT have to. It is totally optional but, we are happy to turn it into a 100% production box. Not sure if you could even tell the difference or not but, the option is yours.
Quad,

Got the email!! I am running the production tune right now. Very smooth and no surging whatsoever. Although I did have the truck not shut down on me for the first time in awhile. So is this the TT problem the new hardware fixes?? If it is I guess I'll be sending my box in. Do you need the pod as well?? Also sent you an email with my order for the Commander and Pillar as well. Just run the CC you have on file.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 AM

Just curious Quad, is there a HRVP idle lope fix or are you not able to fix that???
Old 01-29-2008, 11:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...Either way by lunch tomorrow or tomorrow afternoon the website should be full of tunes for anyone that wants to play with them!
Excellent! Among them, hopefully, Production and Aggressive tunes with no TT and no EGT defueling!
Think quad said or implyed that.....just checking.

Question, If we don't want/need TT, why does keyed hot wire have to be on #9 fuse?? Or does it?
I tried it a while back on an under the hood keyed hot wire (the one I used for my TST) and nothing worked properly.

RJ
Old 01-29-2008, 11:14 AM

Quad,

My box does have the turbo timer issue (some of the time), but I would like to wait a week or so to send it in, if that's not a problem with you. I would like to race with it this weekend, weather permitting. I feel the production tune that I have installed is race ready, and want to give it a try at the track.

Paul
Old 01-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Banned

Ok, sent you a couple of options.

1250 de-fueling on both of them
Both have High Idle with 60 second delay

One of them has boost de-fueling set at 40psi. Just thought I would throw that kicker in there since you are towing?
no turbo timer because I thought you were saying you did not want one but, that was dodgediesel and for some reason I just confused you to.

Either way by lunch tomorrow or tomorrow afternoon the website should be full of tunes for anyone that wants to play with them!
I got rained out for the far job, but got to pull the skidsteer about 10 miles to a local job. I am heading to the far one tomorrow, but this box feels very impressive. My old setup Drag/Smarty doesn't compare to the pulling power of this box. You are the man Quad!!! I would like to ask though, on a hard pull I got into it & egts went to 1400, slowly decreased to 1250*. Is it possible to make it defuel faster once I get the commander installed? The 1% increment is a little too slow on a long hard pull. If not, I guess I'll have to turn the box down....maybe like level 9 or something.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:34 PM

Probably has more to do with your injectors that how fast it is de-fueling. On a stock truck the de-fueling would be WAY too fast if we did that.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
I got rained out for the far job, but got to pull the skidsteer about 10 miles to a local job.
Rained out, must be nice. It's -43 degrees here today!!! My truck doesn't shut off!!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:26 PM

Quad...my truck isn't possessed and there is no problem with the TT...I think the issue in the warm up program, (possibly the control pod too?) when I shut the truck down now I can turn the TT off with just a touch of the accelerator pedal, when I restart the truck it is still in PL03 where I shut it down at, (or any other power level) if I switch it back to PL00 after starting it begins blinking like it should when cold but you can immediately switch to a higher power level at any time, when it warm it acts as it should...this is how it's worked all day (about 15+ starts)
Old 01-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Banned

Probably has more to do with your injectors that how fast it is de-fueling. On a stock truck the de-fueling would be WAY too fast if we did that.
No problem, It works fine as is. I love the new tunes. This box flat out runs, Drag/smarty wasn't this smooth & I thought I had it all when I ran them. Thanks quad!!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Rained out, must be nice. It's -43 degrees here today!!! My truck doesn't shut off!!
-43* It is 45* here today. Can't pour crete in the rain. When I showed up yesterday morning, there was a house sitting on the lot. We knocked it down, hauled it out yesterday & prepped the lot for a new single wide trailer. I just need to drill piers with my auger 30in. round X 30in. deep & pour them.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cspotrun
Quad,

Got the email!! I am running the production tune right now. Very smooth and no surging whatsoever. Although I did have the truck not shut down on me for the first time in awhile. So is this the TT problem the new hardware fixes?? If it is I guess I'll be sending my box in. Do you need the pod as well?? Also sent you an email with my order for the Commander and Pillar as well. Just run the CC you have on file.

This mean your taking orders on the Commander for the Adrenaline now? Also from what i'm reading i take it the only way to fix the turbo timer issue with the truck not cutting off is to send the box in?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:25 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by TqMnster
i take it the only way to fix the turbo timer issue with the truck not cutting off is to send the box in?

I'm sure this would be for the Beta test boxes only.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....