Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
The warm up fixes are all on the Beta3 tunes. You are probably running the Beta2 stuff. The last email addresses the Beta3 warm up fixes.

I did not send it to you earlier because I wanted to stay on the same software and make sure we had the TT fixed up!
I'll have to check (memory ain't what it used to be ) but I was pretty sure the warm up worked earlier but I wasn't really looking at that...the TT works great still...absolutely no issues!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:41 PM

Does the Adrenaline come with everything you need to use every neat feature, or do you have to buy an additional control box like the Commander or Recon?
Old 01-27-2008, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by JSPulliam21
Does the Adrenaline come with everything you need to use every neat feature, or do you have to buy an additional control box like the Commander or Recon?
Most of the options being discussed on this board will come with the box (and many more) but for full adjust-ability and accessing some of the options not even listed yet you'll need the "Commader" style controll...it's an awesome box without, with will multiply that factor by 10 and it's gonna be unbelievable after we start testing the 3rd phase!!!

There won't be any single and likely no stack of boxes/tuners that will even come close to all the functionality and power the Adrenaline will offer...
Old 01-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tested the production tune, yesterday & this morning, good to go on box 201. Today I tried the Aggressive software & noticed a shudder at 1800 & sometimes up to 2150 depending on the settings. This happens on any setting above PL07, but 07 is smooth as glass, can hardly feel it shudder. It feels strongest on PL07, any level above that & the throttle gets jumpy & surges/shutters. This could be injector related though. I'm going to put the production tuning back in & give more feedback.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:05 PM

Quad sent you an email. Would like to see if the Beta 3 handles any of the issues I've had with the high idle. Email address is Gotbutton@aol.com or chbrown@cricketcommunications.com.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by JSPulliam21
I believe it will come standard with the Recon style monitor. There will be some control of features with the Recon style mon., but the Commander will have all the fuctions, features and settings to control the Adrenaline. This is the way I understand it for now.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:52 PM
Chapter President

Went out for a short time today with the latest from Quad. File ADR_BETA3_FT9_AGGR, All I can say is HOLY CRAP!! Got a winner here Quad. I still get a little surging at about 65 mph and 1800r's. Nothing bad and like stated above, it only happens only on the higher levels. If this is only the beginning, I cant wait.
While testing I had a PSD pull up next to me at the light. He must have seen the Rattle Bee decal on the truck and I got one of those little sneers. I took off just kind of letting it pull a little hard when the Ford tries coming on. When he got up next to me ,I pulled the wick tight and went sideways on the highway again at about 55-60 and Holy crap. Finally stopped spinning and went right on by like he wasn't even on the throttle. Later, when he went by again, I got a little thumbs up
Old 01-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned

The new tune does feel strong, I like it alot on PL07, very smooth & Aggressive.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by J Lent
The new tune does feel strong, I like it alot on PL07, very smooth & Aggressive.
I agree on PL06 an PL07 it just seems to hit hard at about 1800 r's and just keeps pulling. I get a lot more smoke with this tune too, kind of like a black haze, not real thick, but there none the less. Also TT shut off right away with brake pedal, and turns itself off 3 mins on the spot.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by J Lent
Is that the BETA3_FT9 Regular or the Aggressive??
Sent my box in so can't try them yet.

Guess I'll have to just try them both anyway! Why......because I can

RJ
Old 01-27-2008, 04:56 PM

Well Phooey, Quad sent me the new tunes last night, but I've already taken my box out to send it in for the changes to be made. Oh well, atleast I know I got sumthin to look forward to when I get it back.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
I thought I noticed this also... but did not mention it because we had our coldest morning of the year when I tested and thought the additional boost at WOT on PL02 (+5 psi) was possibly just denser air??

I'm doing a lot of my testing on PL02 because it's easier/quicker....and I assume if results are there on #2, the higher levels will fall in line.
Final, all-out testing gets saved for the track, since last yrs 115 mph speeding ticket while testing my new Mach 6's.

RJ

Ouch! I hadn't heard about that one. I bet that hurt the pocketbook a little. Bummer RJ. I hate that for you.

I'm lucky it hasn't happened to me on some of the testing nights.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
Is that the BETA3_FT9 Regular or the Aggressive??
Sent my box in so can't try them yet.

Guess I'll have to just try them both anyway! Why......because I can

RJ

BETA3_FT9 is the regular. he states that in the email.
BETA3_FT9_AGGR is the aggressive one.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:06 PM

Was BETA3 supposed to go out to everyone or are people with specific setups testing this right now? The last tune that I received via email was ADR_BETA2_TIMING2000 which was a temporary tune to test surging.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by lkuykendall
Was BETA3 supposed to go out to everyone or are people with specific setups testing this right now? The last tune that I received via email was ADR_BETA2_TIMING2000 which was a temporary tune to test surging.

only certain people have it right now.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....