Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should have it??? I sent it out earlier.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quad,

I got the no timing file and loaded it. Surge is unchanged as far as I can tell. It happens on all levels except PL00. I can be cruising at 60mph, with it on PL01 and it will be surging. While holding the throttle steady, I can switch back on forth between PL01 and PL00, and the surge will happen on PL01 and not on PL00.

Sorry I can't report better news.

Paul
Old 01-25-2008, 06:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quad, new box works perfect. 5 perfect shut offs, no surge hesitation or even change in idle tone. All PL work great, lots of low end power, 3rd gear tire spinage when the turbo took off from a roll on. What more can a guy ask for?

I can't believe they got a package here in less than 20 hours!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by paulb
Quad,

I got the no timing file and loaded it. Surge is unchanged as far as I can tell. It happens on all levels except PL00. I can be cruising at 60mph, with it on PL01 and it will be surging. While holding the throttle steady, I can switch back on forth between PL01 and PL00, and the surge will happen on PL01 and not on PL00.

Paul
It wasn't exactly a no timing file but, I sent you another earlier. Let me know what if it changed anything!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Big Blue24
Quad, new box works perfect. 5 perfect shut offs, no surge hesitation or even change in idle tone. All PL work great, lots of low end power, 3rd gear tire spinage when the turbo took off from a roll on. What more can a guy ask for?

I can't believe they got a package here in less than 20 hours!
Ok your job for the next 48hours is to turn your truck on and off as many times as you can to see if there is any possible chance it could have a problem.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:52 PM

I'm glad to report there have now been zero grivability issues with the latest file off the site. TT shuts down with brake and accelerator, no fueling til about 170 degrees, although I don't know if its supposed to defuel as Im able to get into the 1700's. Home run once again Quad. This is all with box 68 BTW. Don't know if I need a new box but the new file seems to be going well.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by paulb
Quad,

Paul
Quad sent you an email. But I have about the same news to report. It comes alive about 1900 on my tach and the surge is still there on regular cruising at 65 or so and about 1600-1800 rpm's. Can anybody tell if there is a way to check if maybe a smarty or some other programming has taken place on my truck. I am not the original owner and when I got the truck it had a bullydog torque dog installed. Just wondering if maybe the surging is due to some kind of remaining " previous" program on my ucu?
Old 01-25-2008, 10:21 PM

Ok, I have about a 70/30 split on surging with the files I am emailing. I THINK, the issue might be auto vs manual. If that is the case we will end up with seperate tuning maybe but, let me do something else I am working on and for the guys that have an auto and surging I will send you something new out tonight for you to try tomorrow. I have 2 more thing that is possible before I start scratching my head.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:43 PM

Hey quad,
I still have my original box with the new tune. The TT works maybe 2 of 10 tens lately. When he does work, my gas does kill it. My pod does not flash like everyone else says there's does when under 170 degrees. Sometimes I have to go all the way down to pl00 and back up again to get fueling to occur. When it does, it really runs. Is the software for the old boxes different from the new boxes? Mines doesn't smoke like the old tune on the Web Site did. Some other members stated it rolls like a train with the new tune. Not on my 99.
I'm not really having a lot of these surging issues. I only get them when taking the rpms down to low and lugging it around. I think it is just user error on my part.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:50 PM

The new hardware solves the TT not working. Justin should have or should have you on a list to get your box swapped out for that. The software itself will work on either box, that simple hardware change is the difference.

Smoke should be a little more the way it is working now and when I release the final tuning after we work through a couple of tiny things it should smoke even a little more than it does now.

Now, when I say smoke, if you drag race it, then there should be plenty of smoke. If you just roll into the throttle pretty fast we should be quick enough to match the fuel to the air. It should pull hard but, not smoke too bad. From a stop there is just not much we can do to make it not smoke some.

Also, this colder denser air should cut smoke down some, so I would not go by just smoke. If it is running hard then it is working right.

The Control Pod also needs new software to support the flashing. There is an error in the warmup mode where every other time you start it we save that the truck is in PL00 and you will have to move the buttons to get it to turn on. We have that part fixed though. So when you get your new box and Control Pod you will have the flashing PL00 when it is in warm up mode.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:09 AM

Quad,

The second file you sent surged just as bad (if not worse), then the first one. At my house... I live at 4600ft altitude, and it hasn't been above freezing for the last couple of weeks. Tonight I drove to Medford (I'm still there), and it is 46* here, and the altitude is ~1800ft. The file works great here. Very little if any sign of surging. When I say very little, I mean I can hear it a little at times, but can't feel it. I sure wish it drove like this at home!

I don't know if it's the temp change or the altitude, or possibly even that I drove for 3 hours. It is supposed to get down into the low 30's tonight, so I will see if it's the temp in the morning.

Paul
Old 01-26-2008, 12:11 AM

Oh, almost forgot... Patty says that the TT should be called the "wife pleaser". She really likes that feature!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:15 AM

That is pretty interesting and I am not sure what to make of it. The last file I sent does ZERO timing at all. None, nadda. Interesting that it still surged??

I will send you what I send these other guys with the auto trucks and see if that solves it.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:01 AM

Paul,

Did it still surge on PL01?? That is something that is giving me fits. We are doing timing only on PL01 and the last tune I sent you has ZERO timing, so essentially PL01 should be identical to PL00.

Now, if the surging was just on level PL02 and up I can see that and I think I can fix it. If it is still surging on PL01 then I am at a loss. Nothing should be happening on that last tune in PL01.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:19 AM

Paul and Wurkenman,

You have a new file in your email. I sent an email explaining what I did and what to look for.

Let me know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....