Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got it loaded.... Thanks Brian!
Bryan C., OE would not let me open your attachment but appreciate the effort.

Going for a test drive right now!

RJ
Old 11-23-2007, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This program is GREAT!!
BETAV300

I would say this could go into production boxes just the way it is!

Only ideas I came up with:
1. Turbo timer, guessing production will offer more options?? 20secs is not enough for big injector folks! Especially in summer... I'd love a 300* EGT based TT with a 5min kill... Mine currently stayed on for 20seconds and I could kill early with the brake pedal...
2. Surging is all but gone, only surging I see is at a relatively low RPM 1400-1800 light throttle situations not trying to accelerate holding speed in most gears.. I can hardly feel it, but can hear it through the stacks.
3. Could see production having 3 be a little less powerful, its really close maybe just require more TPS input before it kicks in hard?
4. PL10 is still PL 0
5. Fuel pressure gauge is mostly accurate, sometimes it decides to go to 5 or 7 or 10 or 14psi whatever... mechanical gauge never moves... sits at 19.5 psi ALWAYS... maybe just a sending unit issue? dunno no big I use the mechanical anyways just testing features...

Man that's it!! All petty things.. Really is a pleasure to drive can hit 67+psi pretty quick in the upper levels! Can set it and not have to worry about the surging!

Very happy!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:49 PM

Can you guys please try this to help me out as I'm thinking my trucks haywire! When I idle my truck manually to 1200rpm with my manual high idle, switch PL levels and tell me if your trucks idle turns rough? When I switch from PL01-PL10, the idle is rough, switch it to PL00 and the idle smooths out perfect??? Does any of you manual transmission guys have problems with your remote starters not starting due to the Adrenaline Turbo Timer? This new 300 BETA is so sweet. So nice to have mega power with no surging, thanks Quad...
Old 11-24-2007, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Can you guys please try this to help me out as I'm thinking my trucks haywire! When I idle my truck manually to 1200rpm with my manual high idle, switch PL levels and tell me if your trucks idle turns rough? When I switch from PL01-PL10, the idle is rough, switch it to PL00 and the idle smooths out perfect??? Does any of you manual transmission guys have problems with your remote starters not starting due to the Adrenaline Turbo Timer? This new 300 BETA is so sweet. So nice to have mega power with no surging, thanks Quad...
I have an astro start with a 5 speed as long as i go through the safety steps and don't do anything different the timer runs its course and the truck starts fine no problems.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by bnold
This program is GREAT!!
BETAV300
2. Surging is all but gone, only surging I see is at a relatively low RPM 1400-1800 light throttle situations not trying to accelerate holding speed in most gears.. I can hardly feel it, but can hear it through the stacks.
4. PL10 is still PL 0
Really is a pleasure to drive can hit 67+psi pretty quick in the upper levels! Can set it and not have to worry about the surging!
Great Improvement!
With my set up I still get strong 'sustained speed surging' below 1800 rpm ... all levels from #2 and up. May be an automatic thing?

But 'light acceleration surging' is gone at all PL's, unless lugging the motor. Drove through town on level 10, as a test. Keep rpms up and it's very doable!
Top end feels same as previous Beta A0087/#20071027 .... but hard to tell if exactly the same in this cold snap we're having.

Still love the no smoke on low end! Can't wait till we are back to 90*+ everyday to be able to ignore worrying about blacking out intersections!
It's there at higher levels, if we want to play with it , but don't have to live with it!
Not missing my Smarty/TST stack, at all.

Brian: My PL10 reads 10 on this Beta v300. Must be in your box?

Also, my mileage has been up 1/2 mpg on last three fillups. (suspect relates to less smoke?).

Fun to drive, Quad... Thanks for addressing the surging!

RJ
Old 11-24-2007, 11:30 AM

Anybody having this problem?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:09 PM

Anybody having this problem?
My remote start works fine with BETA300.. Only thing is my horn wont honk to indicate the doors locked when the adrenaline turbo timer is active.

I used my high idle (APPS style adjustment with Pot) and set my RPMs to 1200. went all through the PL level and let it sit for a couple mins at PL00 and PL05 with no change in idle... Stayed right at 1200...

With more testing today I still have a slight light accel/ maintain speed surge.. Mainly around 1350-1650 RPMs boost below 10psi 6th gear... Nothing big but it is still there... Feels like while holding a speed on say PL03 if my foot moves down a millimeter I can tell that the box is fueling... back off a mil and it feels like the box is off or acting normal... Seems like there is a big jump in fueling within a very small TPS motion that is causing the surging in my truck... Maybe not, but that is what it feels like anyways....
Old 11-24-2007, 07:00 PM

No, no, my idle doesn't change up or down, it changes to a slight rough hammering idle at 1200 rpm. Kinda lika a HRVP idle...
Old 11-25-2007, 12:16 AM

No, no, my idle doesn't change up or down, it changes to a slight rough hammering idle at 1200 rpm. Kinda lika a HRVP idle...
And my idle doesn't change at all.... speed or sound... Stays constant
Old 11-25-2007, 03:52 AM

Bnold, does your remote starter have a turbo timer built in? This might be the cause of mine not working with the Adrenaline. I think I'll just need a program with no turbo timer, I'm sure down the road after all beta testing is done, Quad can whip up a desired program?
Old 11-25-2007, 09:41 AM

Can you guys please try this to help me out .... When I idle my truck manually to 1200rpm with my manual high idle, switch PL levels and tell me if your trucks idle turns rough? When I switch from PL01-PL10, the idle is rough, switch it to PL00 and the idle smooths out perfect???
This new 300 BETA is so sweet. So nice to have mega power with no surging...
No rough idle here...on any PL.

You get NO surging with new program??

RJ
Old 11-25-2007, 10:01 AM
Chapter President

I wouldn't get too hung up on surging issues as different injector/turbo combinations can play a part. I think once Quad gets most of the bugs worked out, he should select a couple twin turbo/larger injector trucks along with a couple of larger single/large injector trucks to continue testing and fine tune the hard race tunes from there. Tuning for the track would be best.

As I'm not a beta tester, I hope I'm not sticking my nose where it doesn't belong.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mike D
I wouldn't get too hung up on surging issues as different injector/turbo combinations can play a part. I think once Quad gets most of the bugs worked out, he should select a couple twin turbo/larger injector trucks along with a couple of larger single/large injector trucks to continue testing and fine tune the hard race tunes from there. Tuning for the track would be best.

As I'm not a beta tester, I hope I'm not sticking my nose where it doesn't belong.
That is pretty much the plan from my understanding...
Old 11-25-2007, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mike D
I wouldn't get too hung up on surging issues as different injector/turbo combinations can play a part.
Agreed... not a difficult solution!
I tend to think it's mostly big injectors combined with electronic injection. I noticed a slight increase in surge type problem when going from Mach 4's to 6's. Ran better with a bit more rpm at all times when under light throttle.

Since 'Dodgediesel' is at 570 hp with Mach 4's, I thought it significant (meaning we were very close to a solution) if the new program eliminated surging for him. Just double checking.

RJ
Old 11-25-2007, 12:37 PM

well i bought a new laptop so i could do this stuff on the run and keep all my files in one place, now i cant get past the hardware wizard portion of things, im not much of a computer guru so im going to leave it alone until i talk to justin or roark. is there a relatively simple way of getting the computer to recognize the box that any of you guys know of?

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....