Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pinkston
I have been driving around on the new tune for a couple of days. The power is great, but I am having turbo timer issues with this one. I would say every 2 or 3 times I turn the truck off I have to pull the fuse under the hood to shut it off. The pedal will not kill it, it runs over 2 minutes, fuse under the dash will not kill it. Again, this is not every time, it works great about half of the time.
Do you have a new box that we sent our recently or just the old box with the new code?
Old 01-23-2008, 06:54 PM

Ok, I need some email addresses. I know I already have them but, I am not in a spot where I can get to them right now.

Of the people that have surging issues and currently have a box, I need you to speak up and pm me an email address or just stick it up here.

The only person that I know of right this second is Wurkenman. I am not talking about if you do something special and lug it down you can make it surge. I am wanting the annoying and cannot drive around it surge so I can send you a tune with different timing to see if that is the culprit.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:08 PM

len_kuykendall@hotmail.com

Surging is much better than previous tunes but still noticeable.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I spent the last couple of hours trying to trouble shoot the lack of power problem. I checked all the connections, and could find nothing wrong. I took it for another test drive, and it feels like it's doing CAN buss fueling only. I disconnected the EGT probe, thinking it might be defueling early, but still the same issue. The pump tap is soldering on with a pig tail that has a spade connector on it. I hooked the Redline box back up, and I now have full fueling. I'm at a loss, so I disconnected everything and boxed it up to send in. I'm hoping it's just a bad box...

The first box I had fuel hard, and made good power. I'm hoping I will get another one that does the same.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:58 PM

Paul,

Just for giggles open the box up. You need to remove the 2 phillips screws on the edges of the box. There is a large white part that has 2 legs that are soldered. Make sure one of them is not broken. I have seen this happen here at our shop and that could cause your troubles.

For the rest of you that sent me your email address you now have mail. Let me know if it changes anything.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
You have not been ignored. When we are making changes we cannot do it in a split second. We have to log the issue, try to make a logic decision on what is causing the issue and come up with a game plan to solve it.

I have seen and heard what you have said, I just do not have an immediate fix right this second. That does not mean you have been ignored. I have never ignored anyone on here and the progress we have made has shown that.
Thanks Quad...it's got me a little antsy...sorry 'bout the ignored bit but don't take it personal, I tick everyone off
Old 01-23-2008, 10:36 PM

Do you have a new box that we sent our recently or just the old box with the new code?
Nope, this was with the original box. Talked with someone at Quadzilla today and was told to send it back to have the new upgrades done.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:17 AM

Ok, I need some email addresses........annoying surging...... so I can send you a tune with different timing to see if that is the culprit.
rj@netcommander.com

RJ
Old 01-24-2008, 09:28 AM

Paul,

Just for giggles open the box up. You need to remove the 2 phillips screws on the edges of the box. There is a large white part that has 2 legs that are soldered. Make sure one of them is not broken. I have seen this happen here at our shop and that could cause your troubles.

For the rest of you that sent me your email address you now have mail. Let me know if it changes anything.
I took it apart this morning and one leg of the resistor is not attached to the board. There are heat and smoke stains on the board and inside the case. The weird thing about this is that this box never made power from the time I got it. Or at least from the time I got it until the pickup was warm enough to hammer it!

Do you still want every thing back or just the box and monitor?

Paul
Old 01-24-2008, 09:48 AM

Just the box will be fine probably.

Not that you need to but, if you have a soldering iron you are more than welcome to stick it back on and see if that is the case??

If not, no biggy but, that is why your truck is not fueling.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:59 AM

QUAD,
Downloaded the BETA2_Timing2000.exe. Decided I needed to call on a local customer about 10 miles away.... and did some testing.
Observations:
-Surging is GREATLY reduced!
-Almost, but not totally, eliminated under 2000 rpm
-Surging band (rpm range) on my set up is reduced to 1650-1750 rpm

Tried to duplicate surging on PL02, 05, 08 and 10 with this new timing program. PL2 thru 8 were identical... no increase in surging intensity or duration as power levels were increased.
PL10 is a 'whole nother country' and surging is a neck snapper in the 1600-1750 rpm range.... but I think no one has a need for PL10 around town so this scenario is no concern at all.... at least not to me! PL10 is smooth at anything over 1/2 throttle.

The surging is now easily accelerated through with anything more than light throttle; ie., normal driving.
I'm thrilled to be able to daily drive with box on PL02!

RJ
Old 01-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RowJ
QUAD,
Downloaded the BETA2_Timing2000.exe. Decided I needed to call on a local customer about 10 miles away.... and did some testing.
Observations:
-Surging is GREATLY reduced!
-Almost, but not totally, eliminated under 2000 rpm
-Surging band (rpm range) on my set up is reduced to 1650-1750 rpm

Tried to duplicate surging on PL02, 05, 08 and 10 with this new timing program. PL2 thru 8 were identical... no increase in surging intensity or duration as power levels were increased.
PL10 is a 'whole nother country' and surging is a neck snapper in the 1600-1750 rpm range.... but I think no one has a need for PL10 around town so this scenario is no concern at all.... at least not to me! PL10 is smooth at anything over 1/2 throttle.

The surging is now easily accelerated through with anything more than light throttle; ie, normal driving.
I'm thrilled to be able to daily drive with box on PL02!

RJ
Great news!!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:13 PM

Just the box will be fine probably.

Not that you need to but, if you have a soldering iron you are more than welcome to stick it back on and see if that is the case??

If not, no biggy but, that is why your truck is not fueling.
I'll do that tonight. I wasn't sure if you wanted me to mess with it, or leave it so you could see it. I will have to put the harness back on, so if you want me to send the harness back, I won't bother fixing the resistor.

Paul
Old 01-24-2008, 02:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quad, my new box had a bad shutdown again. This time it seriously died to what sounded like all the way off then roared back to life. Pedal would not kill, and the monitor froze on all the readings. I pulled the #9 fuse to kill truck. Plugged #9 back in and it sparked as it made contact and the brake and abs lights came back on. The monitor would not shut off so I popped hood and disconnected box from harness.

Very frustrating. I would rather have no TT than deal with every other shutoff being a mystery. Should I try loading up the website software. Maybe the flash on my new box is corrupted.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:19 PM

It does not sound like it is a harness issue. I have not had a harness issue yet but, I thought in your case being as weird as it was that it was a possibility. So, I would venture to say the harness is fine and you can keep it. We have made no changes to that since the very first one.

You don't have to solder it but, if you can it should only take a couple seconds and it will either fuel or it wont. You still need the latest hardware to compensate for the TT.

I should be sending a group email out here very shortly so check your emails.

I am also working on uploading a new file that should solve any and all surging issues based on what I learned last night and this morning. I still think it is mostly large injector trucks but, regardless changing some timing under 2000 rpms is not going to affect anything other than making a little more smoke.

Once I get that nailed down, I need to solve a couple of guys TT issues and I think we are good for the generic box. Then we can work on fun stuff, lots of power, extended revs ect.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....