Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:57 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla

What I think I will do is put some software out with no timing or with no timing until after 2000rpm to see if that is the culprit? Then we can add it back in with changes if that is the issue.

Maybe the bigger injectors just dump too much fuel if you advance the timing too soon. I could see where with big sticks it would be better to advance later once more boost was there.
Quad,
I would try this for you.
My truck just seems to like to surge. It did the same thing before I upgraded injectors, but that was on the original software, not any of the newer files.
Terry
Old 01-23-2008, 08:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=dodgediesel;1905669]Quad, has anyone else had issues with the fuel pressure sending unit? My pressure would drop from 2 psi to 13 psi.

My pressure has been all over the place. It would hold steady at 14 for quite a while then go up and down like yours. Then finally sits at 0-4 pounds when the tank is almost empty. Maybe my pump is on its way out but i get inconstient readings all the time.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:36 AM

When did you get this box? Are you sure you are running the brand new sofware off the website?

I am trying to figure out if just replaced your original or if you got one with new hardware?

I know the old software surged and we found a logical reason and we changed it drastically.

The part that gets me is it doing it in PL01. That is timing only. Too much timing does not cause surging although it could cause other issues. I know that we are not advancing too much.

What I think I will do is put some software out with no timing or with no timing until after 2000rpm to see if that is the culprit? Then we can add it back in with changes if that is the issue.

Maybe the bigger injectors just dump too much fuel if you advance the timing too soon. I could see where with big sticks it would be better to advance later once more boost was there.

Quad, I think you may be on to something here. I know the big injectors add a good deal of timing on their own so there may need to be a seperate program for say....the 200hp+ injector guys....or whoever else is experiencing the surge.

To put into perspective with my other fueling/timing programmers. I generally do not even run any added timing any more unless I'm on the track or the dyno. I know my 220 hp injectors add timing and the HRVP does as well. Smarty on even settings and TST for fuel. Only use the Edge for timing on the dyno and track.

I've also been reading some other threads about surge issues. Some seem to point toward cold weather as a factor. I still had my surge issues with the Adrenaline even when it was warmer this fall, but it may be accentuating the problem some.

Anyway, just some food for thought.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Banned

When did you get this box? Are you sure you are running the brand new sofware off the website?

I am trying to figure out if just replaced your original or if you got one with new hardware?

I know the old software surged and we found a logical reason and we changed it drastically.

The part that gets me is it doing it in PL01. That is timing only. Too much timing does not cause surging although it could cause other issues. I know that we are not advancing too much.

That is probably correct quad. I know that the Drag didn't add timing hard until around 2000rpm...you could here the change in the sound of the engine.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:38 AM

I received the box on 12/20, and I am positive that I now have the new software on the web loaded. I loaded it the day you put it up. The box number is 100. Justin called me Monday and asked me to send back the box, monitor, and wiring harness. I am planning on doing that this afternoon.

Paul
Old 01-23-2008, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by paulb
I received the box on 12/20, and I am positive that I now have the new software on the web loaded. I loaded it the day you put it up. The box number is 100. Justin called me Monday and asked me to send back the box, monitor, and wiring harness. I am planning on doing that this afternoon.

Paul
Interesting. Justin only asked me for the box and the control pod. He said to just leave the harness in place and he'd get the new hardware to me. That is what I sent back since that is what he requested.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
Interesting. Justin only asked me for the box and the control pod. He said to just leave the harness in place and he'd get the new hardware to me. That is what I sent back since that is what he requested.
Same here. I sent in just the pod and module on Monday.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
Quad, has anyone else had issues with the fuel pressure sending unit? My pressure would drop from 2 psi to 13 psi. Tested the fuel system with a 15 psi pressure gauge and it only drops from 13 psi to 9 psi on PL10(KILL). Just wondering if there is a different type of sensor or was mine faulty. I sent back the Adrenaline to Justin and it should arrive there on Friday? Are you guys fixing the returned box's or switching them right out? Just wondering if I'm getting the same box back with upgrades? Don't wan't to run into that weird idle hammering with the same box? Hopefully that doesn't sound like a rude question, just concerned as I'm far away from ya...
I think the fuel pressure thing is just that the digital stuff reacts extremely quickly. I am guessing we could slow it down and that would help. Since we are not just shoing an average the digital gauge will respond quicker and show you the absolute lowest point it goes to. That is my guess as to what is happening.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tiger Rag
Thats because your box worked other than some issues we have to change hardware out for.

Pauls was not working above PL02 and just was doing stuff that I cannot explain so we are going to install the entire thing on a truck after we get it off the test bench.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Banned

I think the fuel pressure thing is just that the digital stuff reacts extremely quickly. I am guessing we could slow it down and that would help. Since we are not just shoing an average the digital gauge will respond quicker and show you the absolute lowest point it goes to. That is my guess as to what is happening.
My digital gauge reads 16psi, lowest of 14psi.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:10 AM

Thats because your box worked other than some issues we have to change hardware out for.

Pauls was not working above PL02 and just was doing stuff that I cannot explain so we are going to install the entire thing on a truck after we get it off the test bench.

Great! Thank you for the explanation!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:49 PM

I just pulled up to the fuel pump, turned the key off and the pickup cut off immediately. After filling up I started the pickup, drove straight home and turned the key off, this time the pickup will not shut off. I tried the brake and accelerator and finally had to pull the wire from fuse #9. After pulling the wire the pickup shuts off but the control pod still has power as it is displaying the current PL. After a few minutes the power was shut off to the pod so we will see what happens on the next trip.

This is the first turbo timer problem I have experienced since installing the new box and latest tuning file from the web site.

My turbo timer has been running for 3 minutes but I just noticed that the web site says 2. Can anyone confirm which time is correct?

Len
Old 01-23-2008, 02:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Quad, I had four more shut downs today. Two were flawless in that idle remained constant till i hit accelerator. One shut down had a slight drop maybe 100 rpm then back up to normal idle till timer ran out. And final shut down truck tried to catch itself at 200 rpm or so but it was too late and the truck shut off with a little bit of a grunt. I was in neutral with parking brake set and my feet were not on any of the pedals. Weird.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by lkuykendall
I just pulled up to the fuel pump, turned the key off and the pickup cut off immediately. After filling up I started the pickup, drove straight home and turned the key off, this time the pickup will not shut off. I tried the brake and accelerator and finally had to pull the wire from fuse #9. After pulling the wire the pickup shuts off but the control pod still has power as it is displaying the current PL. After a few minutes the power was shut off to the pod so we will see what happens on the next trip.

This is the first turbo timer problem I have experienced since installing the new box and latest tuning file from the web site.

My turbo timer has been running for 3 minutes but I just noticed that the web site says 2. Can anyone confirm which time is correct?

Len
This is what I've been reporting but have been largely ignored...my truck does it about every 10th start...

The train of events is: turn the key off and the truck shuts down, (no TT) immediately restart (the controller is flashing though the truck is still warmed up) turn the truck off and it won't shut down at all 'til the box is unplugged, start the truck again immediately (CEL is on) and the controller is reset to PL00 (I usually keep it on PL03) reset to PL03 and all is well except it takes a few starts for the "CEL" to clear...
Old 01-23-2008, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr
This is what I've been reporting but have been largely ignored...

You have not been ignored. When we are making changes we cannot do it in a split second. We have to log the issue, try to make a logic decision on what is causing the issue and come up with a game plan to solve it.

I have seen and heard what you have said, I just do not have an immediate fix right this second. That does not mean you have been ignored. I have never ignored anyone on here and the progress we have made has shown that.

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....