Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with my setup i can hit 1700 at 120mph+ but thats really trying, i now know what the slight surge feels like, just like quad said, if i want it to surge i can make it, but it has to be just right, with the other tunes it just surged no matter what i did. this is really a great tune and almost all the bugs are worked out on my truck. i think the variations of trucks is so great that quad has done a bang up job of solving most of the problems but there will always be some issues. if you look at the testers, we are all running lots of different combinations, different driving styles, different altitudes, i find it very hard to believe two trucks will act the same under any conditions but in my opinion we keep having issues and quad keeps fixing them... there has been some very impressive progress made in these last 6 months....
Old 01-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lotero
with my setup i can hit 1700 at 120mph+ but thats really trying, i now know what the slight surge feels like, just like quad said, if i want it to surge i can make it, but it has to be just right, with the other tunes it just surged no matter what i did. this is really a great tune and almost all the bugs are worked out on my truck. i think the variations of trucks is so great that quad has done a bang up job of solving most of the problems but there will always be some issues. if you look at the testers, we are all running lots of different combinations, different driving styles, different altitudes, i find it very hard to believe two trucks will act the same under any conditions but in my opinion we keep having issues and quad keeps fixing them... there has been some very impressive progress made in these last 6 months....
I agree, Thanks quad!! About the surging, my 99 does have a slight surge at 1800rpm, but nothing to get upset about, hardly noticeable. My 98.5 has no surging with any tune & it has 100hp injectors. It has to be the way that the fueling comes in with the Adrenaline combined with large injectors. I never had it with the Drag comp either.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:19 PM

I have been driving around on the new tune for a couple of days. The power is great, but I am having turbo timer issues with this one. I would say every 2 or 3 times I turn the truck off I have to pull the fuse under the hood to shut it off. The pedal will not kill it, it runs over 2 minutes, fuse under the dash will not kill it. Again, this is not every time, it works great about half of the time.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by lotero
with my setup i can hit 1700 at 120mph+ but thats really trying, i now know what the slight surge feels like, just like quad said, if i want it to surge i can make it, but it has to be just right
Same thing here...little or no surging unless I go hunting it...

I'll be sending the other box back ASAP...I was holding on to it because the new box was (still is a little) acting strange...
Old 01-22-2008, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Paul,

One of the reasons I am so confused about your truck surging is this:

It surges, yet it does not fuel? I don't get how it can do that??

I am going to fix this stuff but, there are a couple of trucks that seem to surge if you just stick the box under the hood?

It could be some of the large injectors messing with stuff but, it is really hard to go changing the tuning when there are a lot of trucks that don't have a surge. I know there are 3 or 4 of you that do get a surge but, that is what I do not understand. It also seems that no matter the tuning you get the same exact surge, it never gets better or worse, it is just always the same?

The last file changes a LOT of stuff. I am not saying it is impossible for it to surge but, it is impossible for it to surge like the early files did.

Dang, sounds like I should have held onto the old box for a day or two more to try and run that program. Oh well, maybe the new hardware will be the ticket.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:27 PM

I sent my old box back today. I have no surging issues unless I reallt try by lugging the engine down to below 1400 rpm. My TT works flawlessly 9 out of 10 times and even then it is only a slight drop in rpms before it picks back up. This box is fueling on all levels. I finally managed to try out the defueling hit 1300 and then it backed of to 1250 and stayed right there. I did have an issue with the recon pyro wouldn't read above 32 shut the truck off and restarted it and all was well haven't had any other issues. My hats off to you Quad this box rocks!
Joe
Old 01-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Chapter President

there are a couple of trucks that seem to surge if you just stick the box under the hood?
I think this might be me too. The newest file on the website still has mild surging, but still pulls like a beast when I hit the loud pedal. It surged with my stock injectors too an all the old files.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:57 PM

As Blue and others have mentioned, I get the same at around 1800 rpm. It's not really a surge, kinda like a miss, it'll buck a few times until you get over 2000 rpm then all is fine. Also, as Blue mentioned, I notice a slight change in "pitch" of the engine (referring to the miss), but it goes away once rpm's get over 2000. I don't really notice any surging, just the slight "miss".
When I tried the XZT+ a few months ago (before the surge fix), that little booger surged so bad I thought it was gonna chuck the driveline, similar to what IntakeRacing mentioned, but I get nothing like that with the Adrenaline.
TT has only malfunctioned maybe twice since I've had this box, and high idle works flawlessly. The high idle has been handy the last few days, it's been single digits to below 0 with the wind chill lately.
Today with Adrenaline on level 6, it hit 42, does the sensor read any higher?
I had mine up to 43psi before I chickened out and let off.
I haven't downloaded the new tune to try it out yet since the weather has been so cold, it's suppose to warm up a little this weekend, I'll give it a try and post up after I try it.
This is a Beta Test after all and this is what it is all about. Getting the bugs worked out.

The features of this module still have the most promise of any product out there or in developement in my opinion.
I agree. Thanks for the hard work so far Quad!!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paul,

One of the reasons I am so confused about your truck surging is this:

It surges, yet it does not fuel? I don't get how it can do that??

I am going to fix this stuff but, there are a couple of trucks that seem to surge if you just stick the box under the hood?

It could be some of the large injectors messing with stuff but, it is really hard to go changing the tuning when there are a lot of trucks that don't have a surge. I know there are 3 or 4 of you that do get a surge but, that is what I do not understand. It also seems that no matter the tuning you get the same exact surge, it never gets better or worse, it is just always the same?

The last file changes a LOT of stuff. I am not saying it is impossible for it to surge but, it is impossible for it to surge like the early files did.
The lack of power happened when I received the replacement box. The original box made power, but would surge. It stopped working (all 9's on the monitor), so Justin sent me a replacement box. The replacement box has never made any power, with any file. I did not say that it did not fuel. It does increase low end fueling with an increase in power level, but it doesn't make anymore power. You can tell that it is fueling harder due to that amount of smoke that it makes. From past experience it feels like it is WAY over advanced, but I hate to speculate. Also with the old box, it did change how the surge happened, and the severity of it, with the file that was loaded. This box seems pretty much the same. I was told to try the different files, and wait for the new one and report back. I am doing so...

Paul
Old 01-22-2008, 09:56 PM

Can you stack the adrenaline and the smarty,if not is there something you can stack with it
Old 01-22-2008, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by SmokingFords
Can you stack the adrenaline and the smarty,if not is there something you can stack with it
Some guys have stacked it with the Smarty, I think they're havin some issues though. I don't think there will be any need to stack anything with the Adrenaline.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by SmokingFords
This box should be able to do everything. There really shouldn't be a need to stack it with anything. I personally have stacked it with the Smarty. Seemed like it ran better by itself than with the Smarty.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:50 PM

The Adrenaline surged hardcore with the Smarty #8 on my truck. It was like they were fighting to do the same thing?? Can't wait to get my Adrenaline back...
Old 01-22-2008, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by paulb
The lack of power happened when I received the replacement box. The original box made power, but would surge. It stopped working (all 9's on the monitor), so Justin sent me a replacement box. The replacement box has never made any power, with any file. I did not say that it did not fuel. It does increase low end fueling with an increase in power level, but it doesn't make anymore power. You can tell that it is fueling harder due to that amount of smoke that it makes. From past experience it feels like it is WAY over advanced, but I hate to speculate. Also with the old box, it did change how the surge happened, and the severity of it, with the file that was loaded. This box seems pretty much the same. I was told to try the different files, and wait for the new one and report back. I am doing so...

Paul
When did you get this box? Are you sure you are running the brand new sofware off the website?

I am trying to figure out if just replaced your original or if you got one with new hardware?

I know the old software surged and we found a logical reason and we changed it drastically.

The part that gets me is it doing it in PL01. That is timing only. Too much timing does not cause surging although it could cause other issues. I know that we are not advancing too much.

What I think I will do is put some software out with no timing or with no timing until after 2000rpm to see if that is the culprit? Then we can add it back in with changes if that is the issue.

Maybe the bigger injectors just dump too much fuel if you advance the timing too soon. I could see where with big sticks it would be better to advance later once more boost was there.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:00 AM

Quad, has anyone else had issues with the fuel pressure sending unit? My pressure would drop from 2 psi to 13 psi. Tested the fuel system with a 15 psi pressure gauge and it only drops from 13 psi to 9 psi on PL10(KILL). Just wondering if there is a different type of sensor or was mine faulty. I sent back the Adrenaline to Justin and it should arrive there on Friday? Are you guys fixing the returned box's or switching them right out? Just wondering if I'm getting the same box back with upgrades? Don't wan't to run into that weird idle hammering with the same box? Hopefully that doesn't sound like a rude question, just concerned as I'm far away from ya...

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....