Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IntakeRacing
i have the turbo timer alarm issue as well. my remote has a 3 mile range though so i just wait till it turns off on the screen then i arm it.
IntakeRacing, do you think a tune without a turbo timer would be the fix? That way you can just use your alarms turbo timer??
Old 01-20-2008, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by dodgediesel
IntakeRacing, do you think a tune without a turbo timer would be the fix? That way you can just use your alarms turbo timer??
with the commander there saying you can turn it on and off or set it to work with egts'. thats what i'm just gonna do set it at egts that way in town it will never be long and after a highway run it will work longer when i want it.
my remote will still lock the truck, just won't arm it.

another option is i have an auto mode on my alarm so when i get "x" distance away it will arm the alarm and lock the doors. (works the same coming back too which is nice) this way when i walk away from it, the doors will lock and then arm the alarm after the tt is done.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:48 PM

Should just be able to unhook the #9 keep alive wire in order to kill Turbo Timer capabilities now??
Old 01-20-2008, 10:58 PM

[QUOTE=dodgediesel;1900982]
Originally Posted by bigd450
We just need a turbo timer that shuts off with the throttle only and not the brake.

Good thinking on that one, that would be the way to go too. Bigd450, what color of truck do you drive as I see you are from town?
Its light brown and silver long box, I seen yours driving by the other day and its a pretty sweet truck. I have am in need of a turbo and have been meaning to ask you about your set up. Maybe I will send you a PM about it tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:07 PM

Thanks a bunch. Shoot me a PM tomorrow...
Old 01-21-2008, 11:35 AM

I am hoping to make it to a dyno event in woodstock ga. this weekend pending I get a new box since the one I have now does not work at all. Kinda need to know so I can rsvp to the event coordinator.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:50 PM

my injectors are 100hp flavor, i will probably be going with some 150s here soon so i am curious to see how that effects the surging. the truck will still surge, just not nearly as bad or as often, im tellin you it seems like mine has a slight acceleration or adding of fuel or surging, one or the other. the girl i was with last night thought i was crazy because i got all excited when it actually surged i said holy crap it did it! the look on her face was hilarious. but its that good the surging is not common like the other tunes, now its just here and there and is greatly reduced.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by lotero
my injectors are 100hp flavor, i will probably be going with some 150s here soon so i am curious to see how that effects the surging. the truck will still surge, just not nearly as bad or as often, im tellin you it seems like mine has a slight acceleration or adding of fuel or surging, one or the other. the girl i was with last night thought i was crazy because i got all excited when it actually surged i said holy crap it did it! the look on her face was hilarious. but its that good the surging is not common like the other tunes, now its just here and there and is greatly reduced.
I just picked up some Mach II's to replace my Jammer II nozzles (rated at about 75 HP...more like about 50 HP) so I'm really curious about the drivability of the 100 HP injectors with this box...how well did your 62 keep the smoke and temps down?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:09 PM

I'm confused how our experiences of surging can be so different. Perhaps Injector size? (you don't list yours).
My Truck still surges on PL#2 or higher, below 1800 when holding a speed or under light acceleration. It's very irritating. To be totally fair, I can get a fueling shudder... or surge... from just my injectors, with Adrenaline OFF, if I lug the engine below 1500 rpm! The adrenaline just ups the lower rpm limit at which I can hold a cruise speed.
This has been the most frustrating thing I have ever worked on for "surging". I am not sure what the differences are that makes this happen. I am thinking that in some cases people are being ultra sensitive due to this being a "beta" product.

I have run the current file on multiple trucks that were all way different, ie. big tires and 4x4, small tires, dually, 98, 2002, 5spd, 6spd, auto, built auto etc.

I have experienced a surge at very low rpm but, in order to do it I have to try and make it do it. I have to be going about 58mph and ever so slightly try to accelerate but, not realy accelerate. Then I can get a reasonably fat but, soft shutter/surge. It almost just feels like an uneven road or something to me. It is definetely the truck and not the road but, it is so minor that I could never work around it.

Under what I consider normal driving I have never had any issues until I got into trucks with big injectors. Then I could get some surging but, not really any worse than what they already did.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:16 PM

Back to the Edge Comp Drag again. Justin called and I had to send my box back for the new fix's, oh well..........
Old 01-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Chapter President

Mine surged with the stock injectors just like it does with the Jammers. Even the turbo upgrade made no diff for the surging.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
This has been the most frustrating thing I have ever worked on for "surging". I am not sure what the differences are that makes this happen. I am thinking that in some cases people are being ultra sensitive due to this being a "beta" product.

I have run the current file on multiple trucks that were all way different, ie. big tires and 4x4, small tires, dually, 98, 2002, 5spd, 6spd, auto, built auto etc.

I have experienced a surge at very low rpm but, in order to do it I have to try and make it do it. I have to be going about 58mph and ever so slightly try to accelerate but, not realy accelerate. Then I can get a reasonably fat but, soft shutter/surge. It almost just feels like an uneven road or something to me. It is definetely the truck and not the road but, it is so minor that I could never work around it.

Under what I consider normal driving I have never had any issues until I got into trucks with big injectors. Then I could get some surging but, not really any worse than what they already did.
I wish I could take you for a drive. it varies a lot. sometimes smooth but most of the time its soo frustrating and hard. i usually turn the chip off i get so annoyed. its just at that cruising speed of 100km/h type of deal... like highway speeds. couple times its felt like it would take out a shaft if it kept up any longer. (and i'm a licensed mechanic) i've felt it all pretty much. this is bad. if it was a customers veichle i would have been very worried for them. keep in mind this is the last tune you sent me. no high idle and 30 second turbo timer.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:31 PM

Have you tried the new tune on the website? If not why??
Old 01-21-2008, 10:14 PM

IntakeRacing, the updated one on the site is great, try it..
Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by qzilla
I believe 'Bnold' demonstrated the surging for one of your people at a dyno two months ago.

I don't believe it's my being overly sensitive. it's me comparing the Adrenaline to a Smarty, TST Comp, and an Edge Comp.
Never had this surging (with my present injectors) with a Smarty stacked on a TST Comp??

Originally Posted by Quadzilla
Have you tried the new tune on the website?
I know the above was not directed at me but wanted to be clear. My last report on surging was with this new tune. I would be happy to come to Ft Worth, or meet half way in say Denton,at some mutually convenient time, to show you... if you really are not clear on how strong the surge is!

RJ

Quick Reply: Quad Adrenaline Beta Testing....